Author Topic: Me Briefly  (Read 25879 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Me Briefly
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2021, 09:53:13 PM »
Over 50 guests in here tonight.

You're not here by mistake.

End the guilt...the double standard...Stop being a FRAUD!

Take the plunge.  Let us help. 

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2021, 10:01:36 PM »

I'll be honest, I've been feeling the pull.  Life swirls.  It's only natural to look for a constant.  An anchor.

I've stepped back from this place.  Haven't had the bandwidth lately with everything else whirling by. 

BUT

I stumble to this place every day..some days earlier than others.  A promise is made, days stack on.  I take it for granted but it means a lot to me.  It's most likely the difference between using and  not.

This place works.  These folks care.  Don't put it off any longer.  It only gets harder.  Sign in, find your group, make your promise, stack those days...

LMK if I can help

Hold the line quitters

~HAG

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2021, 10:12:40 PM »
Hey Lurkers

You're here because you are ready to change your life!  I don't have to tell you why...you live it.  It keeps you up at night.  It's on your mind often despite the fact that you push it away as quickly as you can.

You can do it.  You can have the guilt-free freedom you dream of.  We can help.  Reach out. 

We'll be here, holding the line, when you're ready.

~HAG

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2021, 08:43:32 PM »
DAY 601

Not a chance I'd be here without the folks on this site.  I know!  I tried...many times.

YOU are not lurking here for no reason!!  Do yourself a favor.

STOP feeling like a fraud. 

STOP feeling the guilt. 

STOP living in fear. 

STOP being a slave to something that is stealing your money and threatening your health!!

YOU can do this...I know b/c here I am.

WE'VE been there.

WE know how you are feeling. 

WE have walked the path...and continue to stride forward...TOGETHER.

Join us.  QUIT TODAY

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2021, 03:05:14 PM »
DAY 565

I still have triggers, still crave, still run the lip through the cheek.  But the light gets brighter.  Making a promise every day, honoring that promise, encouraging and helping others to honor their promise..these things have made the difference.  Making connections, realizing I'm not unique or alone, walking the path that has been blazed before me...leaning on my brothers and sisters.  The light gets brighter!
Odd about that the running the lip through the cheek. Perhaps it's subconscious but I found myself doing just that as I read this. Amazing that while we are all so different there are stark similarities in the addict and the addiction.

Hahahaha.  I meant run my tongue through my cheek, lol.  Guess I should limit my late night typing!!  But point taken.
Hag, the craves get fewer and further between but I still get them too, even at day 1,280. In fact, I just ordered some Jake's Mint Pouches, cinnamon flavor to deal with some craves I've been having and traveling ill be doing. Protect that quit, whatever it takes brother. PTBQWYT
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2021, 07:33:13 AM »
DAY 565

I still have triggers, still crave, still run the lip through the cheek.  But the light gets brighter.  Making a promise every day, honoring that promise, encouraging and helping others to honor their promise..these things have made the difference.  Making connections, realizing I'm not unique or alone, walking the path that has been blazed before me...leaning on my brothers and sisters.  The light gets brighter!
Odd about that the running the lip through the cheek. Perhaps it's subconscious but I found myself doing just that as I read this. Amazing that while we are all so different there are stark similarities in the addict and the addiction.

Hahahaha.  I meant run my tongue through my cheek, lol.  Guess I should limit my late night typing!!  But point taken.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2021, 07:12:41 AM »
DAY 565

"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2021, 12:17:54 AM »
DAY 565

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2021, 05:50:01 PM »
Lurkers,

Welcome.  You are here because you've been using for a while.  Maybe you hide it from the people you work with?  Maybe you hide it from those that love you? 

Maybe you have a pain in your jaw that comes and goes?  Maybe you have a spot on your inner lip or gums that is not going away?  Acid reflux?  High blood pressure? 

You're confused.  You've tried multiple times to quit in the past and have failed miserably each time...telling yourself you can have just one, you can buy one can a week, you can use only when drinking, with friends.  You think you should quit but think it's too hard.  What's the point of putting yourself, and everyone else in your life, through the process if you are only going to end up back to where you are now? 

You feel alone.  You want to involve others in your life in this decision but, once you do, you're committed and others will hold you to it.  So you keep it to yourself.  You're silently screaming inside and the pressure is building

You're ashamed in front of your children because you know you are setting the wrong example but won't/can't stop.  Perhaps you're a FRAUD to those you care about...touting healthy lifestyles while shoving that shit in your lip?  Your kids know you are up to something and you lie about it.  They know you are lying but let it go because they can tell it's something you are trying to hide from them.

How do I know how you feel?  Read my blog below.  I was where you are.  The above is my story.  If my story is dissimilar to yours, I guarantee you can find a quitter here who's story is closer.

You are here so you KNOW you have to do it.  After almost 3 decades of using and dozens of quit attempts, this is the only system that has worked for me.  Read everything you care to on these boards.  Commit to the system.  Post your promise not to use for TODAY only.  Embrace the suck and lean on those that have walked the path before you.  Wake and repeat.  Not easy but a simple plan to follow.  You can do this and there are lots of us here to help.

There's no time like the present.  You know it will not get any easier.  Take the leap...you will never regret it.

~HAG 

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
Belated congrats on that half comma brother. Keep being the badass quitter and supporters that you are!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2020, 07:09:19 AM »
Thanks all!!  NO WAY I'd be here without you people.  It's a pleasure to be head down, shoulder to shoulder, holding the line with you!!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2020, 04:51:55 PM »
Awesome job my man. I will always be chasing you but its an honor too..

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2020, 10:05:18 AM »
Congrats brother. Keep following that routine.
Jan19

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2020, 06:25:29 AM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »
Congratulations on 500! Thank you for being a big part of so many quits. Holding the line, shoulder to shoulder brother.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 08:59:59 PM by ankape »