Author Topic: Success can only happen for you  (Read 2744 times)

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Success can only happen for you
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »
Dam OBB you'd be hitting 1200 days with us right now (3+ yrs).  Only 12 or so of us left posting Every day.  Posting the promise on roll is the key.  Make it a goal to meet people at get togethers,
get on roll first thing, never need a reminder from someone.  These little things strengthen a quit and hold you accountable.  I will be quit with you today.  Just today!

JGlav - 1181

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »
Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

It's a simple formula. One that's been proven to work time and time again.

By your own admission, you lacked Brotherhood:
"Even though I did still occasionally text with some of my quit mates it wasn't the daily confirmation and commitment that I should have been doing to keep my quit strong"

You also gave up your accountability:
"I was saying that my first quit was in Sept 15 and I reached HoF status in Dec 15 and continued posting till I had made one lap then told my quit mates I was going to stop posting roll."

To me that's just simple math:

0 + 0 = 0

klark is asking many of the questions that I was going to, so I'm going to defer to that BAQ. Take him up on his offer for digits. Get everyone in your group. Figure out how to make that equation above be a positive number. The more of either you have (Brotherhood, Accountability), the stronger your chance for success.

No arguments,  your math is spot on.  I gave up all the tools at my disposal with the pretense of not needing them anymore.    Arrogance, complacency, laziness all add into the equation I was using when I left.  Shame, humbleness and contrition have replaced those as I come back to start on the bottom rung.

I have already gotten more numbers saved in my phone from today alone than I ever did in a year with my first group and the texts will be daily as opposed to checking in when someone is late to roll.

Welcome back to the suck, day 2 here.

Smitty, does this mean you are starting over as well?

Nope I did not cave.  I'm wrapping up day 2 this evening.

OK, I was just checking since you signed up 11 days ago.  Welcome and let me know if you need any digits.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Smitty

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »

"Even though I did still occasionally text with some of my quit mates it wasn't the daily confirmation and commitment that I should have been doing to keep my quit strong"

"I was saying that my first quit was in Sept 15 and I reached HoF status in Dec 15 and continued posting till I had made one lap then told my quit mates I was going to stop posting roll."

0 + 0 = 0

klark is asking many of the questions that I was going to, so I'm going to defer to that BAQ. Take him up on his offer for digits. Get everyone in your group. Figure out how to make that equation above be a positive number. The more of either you have (Brotherhood, Accountability), the stronger your chance for success.

No arguments,  your math is spot on.  I gave up all the tools at my disposal with the pretense of not needing them anymore.    Arrogance, complacency, laziness all add into the equation I was using when I left.  Shame, humbleness and contrition have replaced those as I come back to start on the bottom rung.

I have already gotten more numbers saved in my phone from today alone than I ever did in a year with my first group and the texts will be daily as opposed to checking in when someone is late to roll.

Nope I did not cave.  I'm wrapping up day 2 this evening. 

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 01:32:33 PM »

0 + 0 = 0

Offline Smitty

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »

0 + 0 = 0

Offline Onebadbinder

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 'Bout damn time
  • Quit Date: 11/22/2018
  • Interests: Antique trucks, tractors and motorcycles.
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:28 PM »

0 + 0 = 0

Quit.      Nov 22 2018
HOF.      Mar 1 2019

My number is always available, just PM me. I am up all night many nights,  just call me. My quit is strong because of KTC, just make sure yours is too.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

I am a retread. You can have a second chance like me just own up to your past. I flushed 2 laps down the drain once because I want involved.  Not again.  Get involved,  get quit.

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 12:25:07 PM »

0 + 0 = 0

... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »
Hello quitters,
The is not my first intro but certainly my last.  I first stopped in Sept of 15, HOF member Dec 15 and solid quitter for more than 2 years.  I have written up my full recompense in both the Dec 15 and Mar 19 groups with the 3 questions so I won't reiterate that here.

What I will say is that I am coming to this quit with a different perspective.  The first time was so my unborn boy would never see me with a dip.  First time he and his momma are gone for the weekend I cave. This quit is about me and being accountable to myself and my quit mates.

I am a 34 year old married guy with 2 kids, a great truck driving job and a life that has been blessed with more than I deserve. Why throw it away for shit in my lip?

OBB Day 7

So on this third quit are you planning on using any of the tools here like phone numbers, chat, etc?  Is the solid quitter comment meaning you used the tools before or you were just quit?

Only 2nd time not 3rd. My point was I was using the tools and then thought I had it under control without the help. Even though I did still occasionally text with some of my quit mates it wasn't the daily confirmation and commitment that I should have been doing to keep my quit strong.

I guess after rereading my post it does seem confusing.  I was saying that my first quit was in Sept 15 and I reached HoF status in Dec 15 and continued posting till I had made one lap then told my quit mates I was going to stop posting roll.

Got it, so what now.  I am guessing it's obvious you need to post roll daily.  Who will you call when it gets tough and you need to get through the next five minutes?  I am happy to help, my number is a PM away.

Offline Onebadbinder

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 'Bout damn time
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »
Hello quitters,
The is not my first intro but certainly my last.  I first stopped in Sept of 15, HOF member Dec 15 and solid quitter for more than 2 years.  I have written up my full recompense in both the Dec 15 and Mar 19 groups with the 3 questions so I won't reiterate that here.

What I will say is that I am coming to this quit with a different perspective.  The first time was so my unborn boy would never see me with a dip.  First time he and his momma are gone for the weekend I cave. This quit is about me and being accountable to myself and my quit mates.

I am a 34 year old married guy with 2 kids, a great truck driving job and a life that has been blessed with more than I deserve. Why throw it away for shit in my lip?

OBB Day 7

So on this third quit are you planning on using any of the tools here like phone numbers, chat, etc?  Is the solid quitter comment meaning you used the tools before or you were just quit?

Only 2nd time not 3rd. My point was I was using the tools and then thought I had it under control without the help. Even though I did still occasionally text with some of my quit mates it wasn't the daily confirmation and commitment that I should have been doing to keep my quit strong.

I guess after rereading my post it does seem confusing.  I was saying that my first quit was in Sept 15 and I reached HoF status in Dec 15 and continued posting till I had made one lap then told my quit mates I was going to stop posting roll.
Quit.      Nov 22 2018
HOF.      Mar 1 2019

My number is always available, just PM me. I am up all night many nights,  just call me. My quit is strong because of KTC, just make sure yours is too.

I am a retread. You can have a second chance like me just own up to your past. I flushed 2 laps down the drain once because I want involved.  Not again.  Get involved,  get quit.

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
Hello quitters,

OBB Day 7

Offline Onebadbinder

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 'Bout damn time
Success can only happen for you
« on: November 28, 2018, 04:17:51 AM »
Hello quitters,

OBB Day 7
Quit.      Nov 22 2018
HOF.      Mar 1 2019