Author Topic: I'm Back. I'm Dumb.  (Read 75539 times)

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
Re: I'm back
« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2016, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Wastepanel, congrats on 5 years!!
Glad you are one badass guarding the halls here!
Thanks for all you do.
Ditto! Thanks for the inspiration!
Congrats!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #540 on: June 28, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
Wastepanel, congrats on 5 years!!
Glad you are one badass guarding the halls here!
Thanks for all you do.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Claude
Repetition of the same chant, the same incantations, the same affirmations leads to belief, and once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
Why do I have to post roll everyday?

Quitting is not a decision. It's a journey. Early on in my quit, it was hard casting aside the habits and thoughts I held as a user. Part of me wondered if I could be happy without the weed in my life. Doubt has crept into my head on occasion since then, and during these moments wer when I truly appreciated the power of roll.

You see, quitting is easy at times. These are the days that we jump out of bed, post roll, and the thought of using is far off. Hell, it's very easy to cling to roll as a "trick" to keep you quit a few days. Quitting is always easy when you're inspired. It's those other times...

You know...when you've watched a few friends drop from roll, when you're going out with friends and the mood strikes you right, or when your whole life is collapsing around you. It's these times that you appreciate training long hours to be quit. It's these times that prepare you to dance on the stage.

I'm not as vocal as I've been in the past. I don't know if I ever will be. But as I've gone further into my quit, I realize that my posting roll is synonymous exercising my beliefs. It is the repetition of this practice that has led me to this very moment and allowed me to dance on this stage. And, accordingly, I have a deep conviction that it keeps me quit.

New quitters, it's ok to struggle. Ask for help. We're here to help and are more than willing. Badasses don't come here. Badasses are made here.

If you need me, I'll be here.
Well said!
With you every damn day.
Very well spoken from one badass quitter! WP you have and will continue to help many, for that I say thank you and I'm damn proud to be quit with you!
Thanks for the words WP. Scrolled through your timeline and was just what I needed today. SO much more to this than just beating nicotine. The life lessons and coming to grips with self are what the journey continues to reveal to each of us.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #538 on: June 12, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
Repetition of the same chant, the same incantations, the same affirmations leads to belief, and once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.

Quitting is not a decision. It's a journey. Early on in my quit, it was hard casting aside the habits and thoughts I held as a user. Part of me wondered if I could be happy without the weed in my life. Doubt has crept into my head on occasion since then, and during these moments wer when I truly appreciated the power of roll.

You see, quitting is easy at times. These are the days that we jump out of bed, post roll, and the thought of using is far off. Hell, it's very easy to cling to roll as a "trick" to keep you quit a few days. Quitting is always easy when you're inspired. It's those other times...

You know...when you've watched a few friends drop from roll, when you're going out with friends and the mood strikes you right, or when your whole life is collapsing around you. It's these times that you appreciate training long hours to be quit. It's these times that prepare you to dance on the stage.

I'm not as vocal as I've been in the past. I don't know if I ever will be. But as I've gone further into my quit, I realize that my posting roll is synonymous exercising my beliefs. It is the repetition of this practice that has led me to this very moment and allowed me to dance on this stage. And, accordingly, I have a deep conviction that it keeps me quit.

New quitters, it's ok to struggle. Ask for help. We're here to help and are more than willing. Badasses don't come here. Badasses are made here.

Well said!
With you every damn day.
Very well spoken from one badass quitter! WP you have and will continue to help many, for that I say thank you and I'm damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #537 on: June 12, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »

Well said!
With you every damn day.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #536 on: June 12, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »

Well said!
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #535 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »

So so true. I see guys in their 1st week post saying, "I thought quitting would be a lot harder than this!" I cringe. I don't say anything cause I don't want to discourage them, but I think "hang on to your A$$! cause there's bad days a com'n."At day 56 and even months done the road in the past , I've found myself thinking "how could I ever be tempted to buy another can. Freedom feels so good." And yet I know hard days are on the way. Hopefully they'll become fewer and further in between as time goes on. And someday cease all together. I don't know, I've yet to see that day.

Thanks for being one of the guys whose stuck around bro. It's guys like you who makes this site work.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #534 on: June 12, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #533 on: February 27, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Little late but damn proud you are washing those windows on the 17th. Do you take the stairs or elevator? 'boob'

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #532 on: February 27, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »
The way is yours for the asking - the way is yours for the taking. The way is as it should be. ~ Karen Hackel

Hell yeah Waste! Well earned 17th floor. Proud to quit with you.
Congrats s on the 17th floor!
What a view you must have!
It feels good to be quitting my friends.

We walk the same path. Ain't no view from above. I'm just more familiar with it. I can still trip. I can still wander off the path. I can sit back and people watch.

I don't though. Roll everyday over by adding my name to another roll. That's the dirty secret to stay quit and I abide by it happily.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #531 on: February 27, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »
The way is yours for the asking - the way is yours for the taking. The way is as it should be. ~ Karen Hackel

What a view you must have!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #530 on: February 26, 2016, 12:49:00 AM »

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #529 on: February 25, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »

There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #528 on: January 30, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: worktowin
Do you play Monopoly by house rules or by the official rules?

You should read the official rules sometime if you think you do. The official rules state
If the player lands on an unowned property, he or she may buy it for the price listed on that property's space. If he or she agrees to buy it, he or she pays the Bank the amount shown on the property space and receives the deed for that property. If he or she decides not to buy it, the property is auctioned, and the bidding may start at any price. The highest bidder wins the property and pays the Bank the amount bid and receives the property's title deed. Railroads and utilities are also properties.
Most people don't know that. I never played that way until I was older and now I refuse to play because Monopoly is an evil game that only ends at 3 am with board on the floor and me screaming at my grandma for fucking me over. I've literally been thrown out of the house by my wife for offering my soul for her Park Place.

Many quitters come here to the KTC wanting to play the game of quit. When they're told what the official rules are (posting roll, keeping your word, repeating), most adhere to that basic tenant. It's the house rules of KTC that make us special and make this program effective. We all don't have to quit the same way, but we all need to play by the same rules. That means no nicotine. No excuses are accepted for failure.Don't take hard truths personally and don't make your attacks personal. Lift a brother up when in need. If asked to help, help.

Once you have a basic understanding of how we quit here, you can start positioning yourself to win by using all sorts of strategies. Spreadsheets are not scorecards. They are a list of allies and how reliable they are to your quit. Activity levels increase the awareness of your quit to these allies. Telephone numbers are useful tools, and all players can not be caught without their tools. Before we roll, we look ahead. Most importantly, don't play against the other players. Utilize them. Become a guild and excel together.

Now, do you need to follow the "house rules" to quit nicotine? No. But (statistically) you're working at a disadvantage. You are less likely to quit on your own. You are less likely to quit playing by your "house rules". It's ok to have personal beliefs in this quit, but know that you're not always right. I'm not. But, as a group, we can be right about quit (and that's what holds us all together). Be willing to adapt. Be willing to work with others.

Be willing to quit. Follow through.
I'd fuck you over for Park Place. No contest.

This is a great post wastepanel. Thanks for sharing.

It is consistently shocking to me how many people...

1. "Hi. I'm a new quitter. I've been lurking here for a long time and this site is a great inspiration. Today is my day 1. Wish me luck!" This is their only post... in the intro section. How could you lurk here for a long time and not know the way this place works?
2. Post to 100, or 110 days and then quit. How many of these fucktards have we seen come back to a future group? THOUSANDS. You don't stop posting at 100. Or 1,000. Ridiculous.
3. "I'm gonna quit when..." Ridiculous.
Thanks guys 2 great post, now if you can only get most to buy in on it! Quit on my brothers!
WP still throwing down consistent knowledge. What is this...? 4 years into my quit and WP's posts still giving me quit wood. Follow this man. Quitting like fuck is real and you are capable. Bonus fact: The Glass House of April 2012 brings the daily quit, among other badass groups. I challenge any of you to quit daily with the Glass House. Just don't go into Auburn's room, he only cleans up once a year and Gmann's been squatting lately. Fuck cancer.

'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog'
Great read. This stuff keeps me charged up in my own quit. Thank you for consistent leadership- Wastepanel and the rest of you in this circle.
QLF with these ^^^ BAQs! Keep bringing it WP!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #527 on: January 30, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: worktowin
Do you play Monopoly by house rules or by the official rules?

You should read the official rules sometime if you think you do. The official rules state
If the player lands on an unowned property, he or she may buy it for the price listed on that property's space. If he or she agrees to buy it, he or she pays the Bank the amount shown on the property space and receives the deed for that property. If he or she decides not to buy it, the property is auctioned, and the bidding may start at any price. The highest bidder wins the property and pays the Bank the amount bid and receives the property's title deed. Railroads and utilities are also properties.
Most people don't know that. I never played that way until I was older and now I refuse to play because Monopoly is an evil game that only ends at 3 am with board on the floor and me screaming at my grandma for fucking me over. I've literally been thrown out of the house by my wife for offering my soul for her Park Place.

Many quitters come here to the KTC wanting to play the game of quit. When they're told what the official rules are (posting roll, keeping your word, repeating), most adhere to that basic tenant. It's the house rules of KTC that make us special and make this program effective. We all don't have to quit the same way, but we all need to play by the same rules. That means no nicotine. No excuses are accepted for failure.Don't take hard truths personally and don't make your attacks personal. Lift a brother up when in need. If asked to help, help.

Once you have a basic understanding of how we quit here, you can start positioning yourself to win by using all sorts of strategies. Spreadsheets are not scorecards. They are a list of allies and how reliable they are to your quit. Activity levels increase the awareness of your quit to these allies. Telephone numbers are useful tools, and all players can not be caught without their tools. Before we roll, we look ahead. Most importantly, don't play against the other players. Utilize them. Become a guild and excel together.

Now, do you need to follow the "house rules" to quit nicotine? No. But (statistically) you're working at a disadvantage. You are less likely to quit on your own. You are less likely to quit playing by your "house rules". It's ok to have personal beliefs in this quit, but know that you're not always right. I'm not. But, as a group, we can be right about quit (and that's what holds us all together). Be willing to adapt. Be willing to work with others.

Be willing to quit. Follow through.
I'd fuck you over for Park Place. No contest.

This is a great post wastepanel. Thanks for sharing.

It is consistently shocking to me how many people...

1. "Hi. I'm a new quitter. I've been lurking here for a long time and this site is a great inspiration. Today is my day 1. Wish me luck!" This is their only post... in the intro section. How could you lurk here for a long time and not know the way this place works?
2. Post to 100, or 110 days and then quit. How many of these fucktards have we seen come back to a future group? THOUSANDS. You don't stop posting at 100. Or 1,000. Ridiculous.
3. "I'm gonna quit when..." Ridiculous.
Thanks guys 2 great post, now if you can only get most to buy in on it! Quit on my brothers!
WP still throwing down consistent knowledge. What is this...? 4 years into my quit and WP's posts still giving me quit wood. Follow this man. Quitting like fuck is real and you are capable. Bonus fact: The Glass House of April 2012 brings the daily quit, among other badass groups. I challenge any of you to quit daily with the Glass House. Just don't go into Auburn's room, he only cleans up once a year and Gmann's been squatting lately. Fuck cancer.

'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog'
Great read. This stuff keeps me charged up in my own quit. Thank you for consistent leadership- Wastepanel and the rest of you in this circle.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!