Author Topic: new guy from KY  (Read 1697 times)

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
Re: new guy from KY
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
Kidney stones and Jimmy Buffett music eh? We have a couple of things in common. I would like to learn more about the dip - kidney stone connection - did not know that was a thing. Will send you my number via PM if you would like some additional accountability support. Keep up the fight, i am on day 83 and it has been very worth it.

Michael

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »
Welcome 12vman!  Be aware that doctors have more of a challenge here than others.  I'm not sure why, but they seem to start strong and then tire from the constant drama. 

If you want to see what may lay ahead, here is a link to my intro.   I used it as my journal.  I encourage you (and everyone else) to do the same.

Where in KY are you? 
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline 12vman

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/09/2018
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
thks guys......
Sometimes I struggle with my demons
Sometimes we snuggle

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 02:01:14 PM »
Hey guys ...from KY and just quit on mon and I am on day 4.....cold turkey...yesterday was horrible but today Im feeling A little weak but nothing like yesterday. A little history on me.....Im 48..started chewing about 7 yrs ago only when driving or coaching..started dipping about 5 yrs ago again only when driving or coaching but now its just all the damn time even at work.....and Im a doctor...lol
I also should say that  I quit alcohol bout the same time I started chewing..cold turkey.....no relapses...but started another addiction.....nicotine
Like I said Im a doctor but as I researched the effects of nicotine on the body I started to realize that the dip was slowly killing me...high BP.....high blood sugar....abdominal problems...fatigue....kidney stones....yes kidney stones...etc etc.......hell I even think its been affecting me "down there" if you know what I mean.....things just aren't working like they used to and Ive had everything else checked out.....my blood work is fine and my scans are clear

The withdrawals are scary......its like a panic attack that just comes and goes........and I feel hunger pain all the time..lightheaded......and my BP spiked up!
doing some things to detox myself.....going to start exercising again but I hv been afraid to because of the lightheadedness....I feel like I might pass out...I think I will just try to walk and see how that goes

I really want to do this..Im tired of the spitting feeling crappy and the fact that the dip was controlling me...I just lost BOTH parents in the last 2 months and I am going through a will contest w/ my 3 brothers and dealing w/ both estates so the stress levels have been high to say the least......My son is 14 and I don't want him to think dipping is cool...it isn't

I want my health back..its that simple
Welcome aboard and great decision you have made to quit with KTC. Everything these guys above me have said is coorrect. I hit 500 days today because of the support, brotherhood, and accountability that KTC offers. Reach out and get to know the quitters around you. I will be sending you my number in PM as well, check your inbox in messages. If you are on mobile device, you may have to turn your phone sideways to see which of the icons above is the messages inbox
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Onebadbinder

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 'Bout damn time
  • Quit Date: 11/22/2018
  • Interests: Antique trucks, tractors and motorcycles.
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 01:42:35 PM »
Hey guys ...from KY and just quit on mon and I am on day 4.....cold turkey...yesterday was horrible but today Im feeling A little weak but nothing like yesterday. A little history on me.....Im 48..started chewing about 7 yrs ago only when driving or coaching..started dipping about 5 yrs ago again only when driving or coaching but now its just all the damn time even at work.....and Im a doctor...lol
I also should say that  I quit alcohol bout the same time I started chewing..cold turkey.....no relapses...but started another addiction.....nicotine
Like I said Im a doctor but as I researched the effects of nicotine on the body I started to realize that the dip was slowly killing me...high BP.....high blood sugar....abdominal problems...fatigue....kidney stones....yes kidney stones...etc etc.......hell I even think its been affecting me "down there" if you know what I mean.....things just aren't working like they used to and Ive had everything else checked out.....my blood work is fine and my scans are clear

The withdrawals are scary......its like a panic attack that just comes and goes........and I feel hunger pain all the time..lightheaded......and my BP spiked up!
doing some things to detox myself.....going to start exercising again but I hv been afraid to because of the lightheadedness....I feel like I might pass out...I think I will just try to walk and see how that goes

I really want to do this..Im tired of the spitting feeling crappy and the fact that the dip was controlling me...I just lost BOTH parents in the last 2 months and I am going through a will contest w/ my 3 brothers and dealing w/ both estates so the stress levels have been high to say the least......My son is 14 and I don't want him to think dipping is cool...it isn't

Welcome to KTC and the best call you can make! You should have a message in your inbox from me.  As Chris mentioned get over to March 19 and get your name on roll with a promise every morning on not using nicotine for that day. We are quit with you today!

-OBB
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:45:31 PM by Onebadbinder »
Quit.      Nov 22 2018
HOF.      Mar 1 2019

My number is always available, just PM me. I am up all night many nights,  just call me. My quit is strong because of KTC, just make sure yours is too.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

I am a retread. You can have a second chance like me just own up to your past. I flushed 2 laps down the drain once because I want involved.  Not again.  Get involved,  get quit.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »

Welcome Dr. 12vman,

You have made the best decision to quit.  There is a saying in here, "1 Problem + nicotine = 2 problems"
Nicotine never solved any problems, never kept you healthy, never relieved your stress, none of it.  As you know the receptors in your brain would like to argue differently.

The price of admission to our lovely forum is posting roll with your quit group which you can find here.  But since you have already found it you can ignore the last sentence.

We post our promise daily so we take nicotine off the table each day.  Having the accountability of your brothers in quit is a very strong motivator as long as you are someone that keeps their word.

Start exchanging phone numbers with other quitters in your group and some veterans to build your accountability and brotherhood network.  My digits are available to anyone that asks.

Get involved in your group as much as you can, ask questions, read the site. 

Proud to quit with you today.

chris2alaska 330 days nicotine free
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline 12vman

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/09/2018
  • Likes Given: 0
new guy from KY
« on: December 13, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »

Sometimes I struggle with my demons
Sometimes we snuggle