Author Topic: I'm ready to accept help  (Read 420 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I'm ready to accept help
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
"My desire to quit may have stemmed from the weird white patches in my mouth, and painful inflamed taste buds, but I am ready. Its a gross habit, and I'm ready for a new chapter.

Please help."

The patches may disappear and the taste buds will come back.... Will your desire come back after healing?

And Bro... It's not a habit.

It's an addiction that has killed others and can kill you.
Your desire should be to live a long life and to do it without being a slave.

Face the Truth.... Enjoy the freedom.
It gets crazy better!!
I quit with you.
Rawls 1200
I believe.....

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 10:44:00 AM »
It's a gross addiction, just sayin'. I'm an addict as well.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 07:39:00 AM »
Posada20,

You have made a wise decision. Welcome to the group.

Here is some advice I like to share with new quitters to assist in your quit:

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges. So squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin - day 899

Offline Sir Nopenhagen

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 9-8-2014
  • Likes Given: 168
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
Quote from: posada20
Hello KTC. It is my time to quit.

I read the instructions on roll call, but I still cant find where/how to do it. I appreciate any help.

Today is day 1, as I have had weird bumps and lumps for the last couple weeks. I am a 25 year old, can-a-day grizzly wintergreen pouches dipper (for 5 years), and i don't want my 60 year old mother to have to burry her son because of his stupidity.

My desire to quit may have stemmed from the weird white patches in my mouth, and painful inflamed taste buds, but I am ready. Its a gross habit, and I'm ready for a new chapter.

Please help.

Thanks,

RW
You have come to the right place. Here is the roll instructions here

topic/1003072/1/#new

Your month will be June 2018. Get in there now and read as much as you can. Reach out to anyone and everyone but most importantly guard your quit like it could your last. Around here we post roll Every Damn Day, we donÂ’t take holidays and weekends off. You didnÂ’t not dip in weekends so why should roll be any different. We take it one day at a time and our WORD on roll means everything. Take a look around and read up on as much stuff as you can, you have come to the right place.

Sir Nope - 1270 days in a row quit
December 2014

Offline posada20

• Quit Date: 2018-03-01
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm ready to accept help
« on: February 28, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »
Hello KTC. It is my time to quit.

I read the instructions on roll call, but I still cant find where/how to do it. I appreciate any help.

Today is day 1, as I have had weird bumps and lumps for the last couple weeks. I am a 25 year old, can-a-day grizzly wintergreen pouches dipper (for 5 years), and i don't want my 60 year old mother to have to burry her son because of his stupidity.

My desire to quit may have stemmed from the weird white patches in my mouth, and painful inflamed taste buds, but I am ready. Its a gross habit, and I'm ready for a new chapter.

Please help.

Thanks,

RW