Author Topic: Good bye cope long cut  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
Re: Good bye cope long cut
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
Quote from: ready12
Hi All,

I started dipping when I was around 15 while playing baseball and am now 24. I dipped on and off when I first started, but for the past few years I have not taken a break. I sometimes go all day without a dip only to find myself craving one at night. I've really wanted to quit for about a year now, but never made a serious effort like joining this community. I even started to chew nicotine gum only to find my self craving it instead of the dip. I'm really tired of feeling like I'm not in control. Anyways, I look forward to embarking on this journey and am thankful that communities like this exist.
Welcome! Way to dive in and post roll right away. Great decision to quit at 24.

A couple thoughts:

1. You are a nicotine addict, just like me and all the quitters here.

2. Quit is simple, but hard. As you note a day without quit can be maddening, sometimes we quit hour by hour or minute by minute. This site has tools to help.

3. Posting roll is your promise to yourself and everyone here that you will not use nicotine in any form for 24 hours. You want to post roll first thing when you wake up every morning. (This helps rewire your brain to "quit" mode from "dip" mode). You will see people get crap about roll, it is important to your success.

4. Exchange digits (via the PM system here) with your fellow quitters, join the groupme for the Jan '16 group -- the Dog House is where they support eachother and build brotherhood. Visit the KTC chat, usually people around to answer questions / share jokes with. (Chat can be quiet on weekends).

5. Read everything on this site, especially the words of wisdom and hall of fame speeches. Getting info us a good way to ride out a crave.

Great start, I quit with you today.

Offline ZDawg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-30
  • Likes Given: 0
Good bye cope long cut
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »
Hi All,

I started dipping when I was around 15 while playing baseball and am now 24. I dipped on and off when I first started, but for the past few years I have not taken a break. I sometimes go all day without a dip only to find myself craving one at night. I've really wanted to quit for about a year now, but never made a serious effort like joining this community. I even started to chew nicotine gum only to find my self craving it instead of the dip. I'm really tired of feeling like I'm not in control. Anyways, I look forward to embarking on this journey and am thankful that communities like this exist.