Author Topic: New Quitter - MNTrout  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: New Quitter - MNTrout
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:27 AM »
Just keep waking up and quitting every day brother!  It gets better!

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »

This whole quitting/addiction thing is kind of an interesting trip around the inside of your own head sometimes.

It is a wild trip inside the beast of your addiction, and every one of those things that I found out strengthened my quit.   I don’t like being controlled by anything, much less a damn plant.  Congrats sir and keep quitting ever damn day.

Gunnar

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
So, from the minute I got up this morning I knew today would be a challenge. Packing up for a major trip (my daughter's college graduation), and at some point during the day I needed to go get gas in the truck and hit the cash machine. Which means going to the gas station up the street where I've bought chew weekly for 13 years...

I won't drag it out or over-dramatize it. I walked in, got cash, paid for my gas, and when Irma the cashier lady asked me if there was anything else I needed, I said "No. Not today." Walked out smiling. Barely a week in, I don't know if anything can be considered significant, but that felt so significant to me. It would have been so easy.

I'm on the road the next few days but I will do my best to post roll every morning, and if I can't I'll text some of my quit buddies to stand in for me.

I tell you, saying no felt *good* man...

That is a Massive Win Brother, and don't you forget it. I have kind of the Same issue, I walk in and automatically 2 tins would be on the counter, Grabbing some Seeds or Gum instead. Be Proud of these little moments, you deserve them after the Suck! Congrats to your Daughter, I have two (4 & soon to be 9) and I dread that day.

My Digits are a PM away Bro, Keep on kicking ass and being Proud!

Offline mntrout

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 07:08:11 PM »
And another thing...

Anyone else find it almost comical some of the things that turn out to be trigger for you? Some of them are pretty predictable, but sometimes it's like "what the heck?" This morning I was filling a coffee mug up for the BOSS before she headed to work - which I do every morning. So in the middle of that my brain starts roaring for a fix. Totally baffled me. What about pouring a cup of coffee was a trigger? Then it dawned on me that it mean she would be on her way to work soon, and I, dip ninja that I was, could finally get my morning dip... I mean... Good lord. I had to laugh at myself.

I think I learned something though. Part of this process, for me at least, has been learning what the triggers are and kind of having a catalog of them in my head so I can be a little ready for them. Learning what they are has also helped me anticipate some I probably wouldn't have thought of before my quit.

This whole quitting/addiction thing is kind of an interesting trip around the inside of your own head sometimes.

Offline mntrout

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »
So, from the minute I got up this morning I knew today would be a challenge. Packing up for a major trip (my daughter's college graduation), and at some point during the day I needed to go get gas in the truck and hit the cash machine. Which means going to the gas station up the street where I've bought chew weekly for 13 years...

I won't drag it out or over-dramatize it. I walked in, got cash, paid for my gas, and when Irma the cashier lady asked me if there was anything else I needed, I said "No. Not today." Walked out smiling. Barely a week in, I don't know if anything can be considered significant, but that felt so significant to me. It would have been so easy.

I'm on the road the next few days but I will do my best to post roll every morning, and if I can't I'll text some of my quit buddies to stand in for me.

I tell you, saying no felt *good* man...

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 05:50:08 PM »
Yup - Minnesota does seem well represented. Must be the long winters. Anyhow - good to know I have some ready-made imaginary internet friends here. Thanks in advance for your support, and I'll do my best to return the favor. I have a bunch of PMs to respond to, just haven't had a chance yet. Gonna go enjoy some actual MN spring weather first.

Day 5 wasn't bad by the way. Not over, but I can make it to tomorrow.

I would HIGHLY encourage you guys to get together in the real world as having a face and personality to put to that user name strengthens your quit like you wouldn't believe.  Also, now you have also just strengthened your BROTHERHOOD.

I will be at MSP on Saturday, May 11 for a short while if anyone wants to meet up with me there for a beer.  I'm gonna say a safe time frame will be from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.  After that I will have to get through security to board my flight back home.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline mntrout

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »
Yup - Minnesota does seem well represented. Must be the long winters. Anyhow - good to know I have some ready-made imaginary internet friends here. Thanks in advance for your support, and I'll do my best to return the favor. I have a bunch of PMs to respond to, just haven't had a chance yet. Gonna go enjoy some actual MN spring weather first.

Day 5 wasn't bad by the way. Not over, but I can make it to tomorrow.   

Offline BigBob68

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: April 7, 2019
  • Interests: Football, Beer, Grilling, Beer, Football
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 07:25:50 AM »
Glad to have you along for the ride mntrout! Like Gunnar I am assuming you are yet another Minnesota guy as I am as well. MN seems to be well represented.

I was 30 year can a day Kodiak guy. I’m currently on day 27 and it does get easier! Hang in there and fully embrace your quit. You’ll be so much better for it. Use the brother/sisterhood to your advantage and you will literally be able to feel the love. We are all here for each other.

Stay strong! Stay quit!
Stay strong! Stay quit!

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:08:53 AM »
Welcome to KTC.  I’m assuming you at another MN brother?  Head on over to August post roll and get to know your group.  Exchange digits, it will help and save your quit someday.  You’ll find mine in your inbox.

FYI I’m from MN on day 84 and let me tell you it does get better.  I was a can a day Grizz guy myself for 25 years.

Gunnar/Jon

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »
Hiya.

32 years - give or take - of can a day Copenhagen, failed 'attempts' to quit that were really empty gestures because deep down I didn't *want* to quit, enough is enough. Haven't had a dip since Monday morning. So far, it's been manageable, and by 'manageable' what I mean is, although I've felt like clawing my own face off, I haven't actually done it. But I remember it being worse other attempts. I think that's because then, deep down, I knew I wasn't really quitting. I was counting the days it had been since my most recent dip.  Monday, I started marking time since my *last* dip.

So. I quit today. I'll do it again tomorrow. TIA for the support. I'll try to do the same.
Post roll with your group daily and use your intro to keep a log of how bad it sucks right now so you can go back in time and remind yourself why you quit.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 03:01:25 PM »
Welcome. Looks as if you've posted roll. That's great. Looks like you've also got the One Day At A Time mantra down as well. That's also great.

The days will start to get mostly easier. But you'll still get what I call - come out of no where and smack you right between the eyes craves. That's when your daily promise is golden.

Right now they're just internet strangers. Soon they will be your brothers and sisters in quit. And the last thing n the world you will ant to do is let them down.

I'm proud to quit with you.

Offline mntrout

• Quitter
New Quitter - MNTrout
« on: May 02, 2019, 02:03:16 PM »
Hiya.

32 years - give or take - of can a day Copenhagen, failed 'attempts' to quit that were really empty gestures because deep down I didn't *want* to quit, enough is enough. Haven't had a dip since Monday morning. So far, it's been manageable, and by 'manageable' what I mean is, although I've felt like clawing my own face off, I haven't actually done it. But I remember it being worse other attempts. I think that's because then, deep down, I knew I wasn't really quitting. I was counting the days it had been since my most recent dip.  Monday, I started marking time since my *last* dip.

So. I quit today. I'll do it again tomorrow. TIA for the support. I'll try to do the same.