Author Topic: Day 140 and counting  (Read 21460 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Day 140 and counting
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Right on Greg. Congrats brother.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
Congrats. And thank you for 900 days of supporting us, too! You were one of the first to welcome me and tell me how to post...that was 584 days of freedom ago.

Offline jjprice

• Quitter
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Day 900

I was driving back from a great weekend with my son and family yesterday and it hit me that I was at 899 days, a milestone day tomorrw. As I drove for the next two hours I kept trying to remember what it was I had enjoyed about dipping and thinking to myself how much better things are without it. When I see people dipping now it makes me sick. What a fucking disgusting habit. Spit bottles, nasty teeth, shit breath.. WOW.

Truth is there is not one single thing that I liked or enjoyed about it, I was merely taking my daily nic fix, how sad. I cannot ever express how much I appreciate this site and the people who showed me the way. I had given up hope of ever getting free from dipping but now I cannot for the life of me imagine what the hell I was thinking.

Freedom is a wonderful thing and worth fighting for daily! I am not as active in other groups as I was earlly on, hopefully now that I am getting settled into the job and the new house I can fix that. I still stop in and post roll with the Fucknuts daily....

Thanks again to everyone !! Next milestone day will be the COMMA !!
This is awesome. And I needed something awesome today.

'clap'
You may be cool, but you're a tool compared to these guys.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
Day 900

I was driving back from a great weekend with my son and family yesterday and it hit me that I was at 899 days, a milestone day tomorrw. As I drove for the next two hours I kept trying to remember what it was I had enjoyed about dipping and thinking to myself how much better things are without it. When I see people dipping now it makes me sick. What a fucking disgusting habit. Spit bottles, nasty teeth, shit breath.. WOW.

Truth is there is not one single thing that I liked or enjoyed about it, I was merely taking my daily nic fix, how sad. I cannot ever express how much I appreciate this site and the people who showed me the way. I had given up hope of ever getting free from dipping but now I cannot for the life of me imagine what the hell I was thinking.

Freedom is a wonderful thing and worth fighting for daily! I am not as active in other groups as I was earlly on, hopefully now that I am getting settled into the job and the new house I can fix that. I still stop in and post roll with the Fucknuts daily....

Freedom is a wonderful thing and worth fighting for daily!
Damn Straight.

Congrats on the 9th floor.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
Day 900

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
DAY 793

Saw this in my e-mail when I woke up. Wanted to get it in here !! Thought provoking...

A message from Nicotine?

I destroy homes I tear families apart. I take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold. The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If ever you need me, I'm easily found. I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor. I live down the street, and maybe next door.

My power is awesome; try me and see. But if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get by. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms, will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in my arms.

You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad. When you see their tears, you will feel very sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised. I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids. I turn people from God, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride. I'll be with you always, right by your side.

You'll give up everything: your family, your home, your friends and your money, then you'll be all alone but I alone will comfort you. I'll take and take, until you have nothing to give. When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned... this is no game, If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, The voices you'll hear from inside your head. The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.

But by then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, That you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do. But you came to me, not I to you.

You knew this would happen, Many times you were told. But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away. If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave. I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell...

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
Day 792

It has been awhile since I posted anything in here. But my recent bout with complacency is worth putting here for others to see.

My quit has been rocking along nicely. New job keeping me busy; and I found that I had missed posting roll a time or two in the past month. When I realized I had missed a post at the end of the day I played it off as no big deal. "I will get it tomorrow", "my quit is strong." "No worries. " "I never missed two days in a row so its all good." It actually was very easy for me to justify missing a post. Much easier than it should have been.

Newbs I want you to look at what I just said. While I was never in any danger of caving, at least not yet, this is exactly how the bitch works and how problems start. Posting roll daily has been what kept me quit this far, so why am I messing around?  To be honest I just let othe things become more imortant; which is a recipe for disaster as an addict. You can remain clean, but you will NEVER be cured. We all know how it works, drift from the site, stop posting roll, new day 1 it is repeated on these boards multiple times.

This site asks for nothing except a daily roll post and for you to keep your word. In return for that you get a world of assistance, a band of brothers willing to do anything to help you when you need it, and more knowledge than you could ever hope to find anywhere. AND IT WORKS!

I have seen a couple of caves recently of guys ahead of me. My suspicion is they got relaxed as well. I have preached to hundreds of new people to NEVER miss a roll call post, to stay active, be involved. Time for me to listen to my own words. Time to kick complacency in the ass! I will not let you wiggle back in bitch!

Greg5280 – 792 – I quit with you today !!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
DAY 780

I woke up this morning and realized I have been at my new job six months and a week. HOLY SHIT ! And... Christmas is next weekend and I have bought exactly not a damn thing....!! Talk about a quick half a year !!

I will be in Oklahoma City Friday evening the 23rd. I will be in town until the evening of the 26th. If anyone would like to meet up for a beer or a few and some food let me know.

STAY QUIT
Greg
I will be back in OKC today and will be there until the 2nd if anyone wants to grab a beer or five.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
DAY 780

I woke up this morning and realized I have been at my new job six months and a week. HOLY SHIT ! And... Christmas is next weekend and I have bought exactly not a damn thing....!! Talk about a quick half a year !!

I will be in Oklahoma City Friday evening the 23rd. I will be in town until the evening of the 26th. If anyone would like to meet up for a beer or a few and some food let me know.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2011, 06:42:00 AM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Souliman
Day 730

Two years!  Freedom ROCKS !!!!
That is awesome brother. Congratulations and thank you.

I quit with you.
:)
Rock Hard quit you got there brother. Very nice.
Thank you all !
That's great, Greg. Thanks for continuing to stick around and supporting all of us and sharing your quit wisdom.
Congrats Greg!!! and thanks for all your support when we were just infants of quit!
Glad to be able to help out!
Congrats!

Your thread was one of many that helped me through some rough times!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Day 730

I quit with you.
Thank you all !
That's great, Greg. Thanks for continuing to stick around and supporting all of us and sharing your quit wisdom.
Congrats Greg!!! and thanks for all your support when we were just infants of quit!
Glad to be able to help out!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
Day 730

I quit with you.
Thank you all !

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Day 730

I quit with you.
Thank you all !

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Day 730

I quit with you.
Thank you all !

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
Day 730

I quit with you.