Author Topic: Day 140 and counting  (Read 21362 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 140 and counting
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?Actually who are you not to be? Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightening about shrinking so other people won’t feel insecure around you.

As we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: jaginvest
Quote from: Eric71
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

-Tecumseh
Don't mean to hijack your thread, this just got to me this AM. Hit right in the right spot.
Thanks for all you do for all of us.
Hell yea! Great quote from a great Warrior!
Indeed. I have this hanging in my office.
Good Stuff. Makes you feel good on a Friday morning..
Buddy Mac

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #236 on: July 26, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: jaginvest
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

-Tecumseh
Don't mean to hijack your thread, this just got to me this AM. Hit right in the right spot.
Indeed. I have this hanging in my office.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Leahy16
Congrats on the comma...+1, Greg. Keep kickin' ass and leading the way.
Thank you! I will do just that.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »

-Tecumseh
Stay quit!

Offline jaginvest

• Quitter
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

-Tecumseh
Quit Date: 06/26/2012 3rd Floor: 04/21/2013
HOF Date: 10/03/2012 4th Floor: 07/30/2013
2nd Floor: 01/11/2013 5th Floor: 11/07/2013
6th Floor: 02/15/2014 7th Floor: 05/26/2014
8th Floor: 09/03/2014 9th Floor: 12/12/2014
10th Floor: 03/22/2015

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
Congrats on the comma...+1, Greg. Keep kickin' ass and leading the way.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2012, 05:40:00 AM »

-Tecumseh

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Congratulations Greg,
You're one of the vets that have gone before us, who make it possible for a man like me to believe in myself enough to get real and get quit!
Thank you for helping others, posting roll, making people think, making people laugh. Your part of the backbone of this site.
Men like you, MikeA, Fred, Wade, Tarp make quitting tobacco a reality!
Cheers!!
Just hoping to pay back enough to make a difference.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
Day 140 and counting...and counting...and counting...

Congrats on the Comma Greg! I've read this thread plenty in my young quit, between you and 30year (and the funny guy, SWJ?) you guys got me through countless craves. Thank you for leading the way brother, you're the man!
Glad I could help. I owe more to this place than I can ever repay so more than happy to help !!

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Congratulations Greg,
You're one of the vets that have gone before us, who make it possible for a man like me to believe in myself enough to get real and get quit!
Thank you for helping others, posting roll, making people think, making people laugh. Your part of the backbone of this site.
Men like you, MikeA, Fred, Wade, Tarp make quitting tobacco a reality!
Cheers!!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
Day 140 and counting...and counting...and counting...

Congrats on the Comma Greg! I've read this thread plenty in my young quit, between you and 30year (and the funny guy, SWJ?) you guys got me through countless craves. Thank you for leading the way brother, you're the man!
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline tinman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Scuba and keeping the lights on....
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
Hey Greg - Funny story - read some of your earlier shit and it reminded me of this....

Sitting in packed airport yesterday in Turks, no seats to be found except for the one next to me, where I had so bags sitting on it. So I figure let me move my shit so someone could sit down.

I move the bags, I husband and wife come over, he sits down. Pulls out a tin, pops out an empty bottle and starts chewing. I watched his entire move from packing his tin to spitting. Guess what - hah - I thought it was nasty....Its funny how this shit works.

At least, to my left, my wife leaned over and gave me a smooch as she new I had an eagle on on this fucker...

Keeping on Quittin on....

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »

-Tecumseh

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Seth
Quote from: Bruce317
Day 975

This past week I had a chance to sit down and eat dinner and drink a beer or three with some quitters.  This is not the first time I have met quitters but it is the first time in over a year and it got me to thinking. I took a new job a year ago which involved a move, selling a house, finding another one and all the other shit that goes along with uprooting your family and your life.  Well needless to say my involvment on the site and meeting quitters took a backseat to all that. 

I still posted roll daily but that was it.  I spent no time getting involved in the new groups or passing along information I had learned.  I was in no danger of caving but I did notice as my time here got diminished the thoughts of dip  started to increse.  It was very strange, just little thoughts, my little voice talking to me, a longer look at the cancer selection behind the lady at the C store, noticing more people dipping at work.  Just noticed the thoughts creeped into my mind more than they had been. 

The stories of people caving after leaving the site fill pages here.  It happens far too often, and there are some recent examples for everyone to see. I am settled again and spending more time on the site and plan to continue.  This place has been the only thing that worked for me and I owe more than I can ever repay.
I will never forget I am an addict and the shit I have gone through to get to where I am today.  Coming here and promising daily not to use reminds me of that and keeps my head on straight.  

A thank you to all the bad ass quitters that sat with me the other night and shared your stories.  It still amazes me the bonds formed from fighting this shit together.  I can walk in and meet another quitter and it is like we have been friends for life.  This place really is magic!!

STAY QUIT
Greg
First of all, it was a pleasure meetin you brother.

Second, I've been thinkin alot about this lately too. One story strikes too close to home, sitting there staring down the counter behind the Indian dude thinking...man one of these days will I be weak too? I feel strong right now, but it just takes one weak moment. I don't know, I can't know, but I do know as long as I am here I am quit and I'm not messing with that.

It's good to have you back Greg! FU nic bitch..
I keep waiting for you to make your way out to So Cal. You were one of the most instrumental guys early on in my quit, and even as I close in on two years, I still find myself learning much from your posts.

Keep up the good fight brother. You make a huge difference around here.

Oh yeah. . . THANKS
Thank you for the help you have provided me.