• Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
Re: hullo
« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: B-loMatt
730- Wow, 2 years ago I was still poisoning myself slavishly with skoal apple blend. 2 cans a day every day... I was so scared. Scared I would never be able to quit, scared I would die too young because of the poison, and scared that was powerless... Then 5/28/2013 I jumped into the KTC pool, and I started drinking the kool-aide! The first 100-230 days were filled with frustration, rage, and the anguish of ripping the poison out of my life, but those days were also filled with pride at accomplishing something I had long feared impossible for me. Along the way I have been helped and inspired by so many people here, and I want to thank them for helping me get to such a better place. The first year was full of ups and downs, but the second year has been easy freedom from the poison. The only fear in the second year was complacency and the horror of ever thinking I could have just one. Also sad to see some BAQ leave KTC, but it is nice that they have left because they feel so strong in their quit that they no longer feel they need KTC. Sorry starting to ramble, but just wanted to express my gratitude for KTC and to let the newbs know how much better it gets if you stay the course.

p.s. I am NOT fishing for 2 year kudos so if you stumble on this intro for the first time here don't feel the need to reply congrates, but rather just read this thread
Too bad Matt. Heres some Kudos. You were one of the first that replied to me when I first quit. You gave me hope that it could be done. So thanks Brother! Congrats on 2 years of Freedom! 'oh yeah' 'wave'
Big congrats and thanks! keep showing up! 'oh yeah'
Big thumbs up. Those that leave KTC leave a crack open for the poison to sneak back in. We don't do stupid shit like that.

I'll raise a toast to you tonight, Matt. Congratulations.
Well said Blo, I love you man. When I get to Buffalo (soon to near never) you will get a big ass kiss from this slut. EDD with you!!!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
730- Wow, 2 years ago I was still poisoning myself slavishly with skoal apple blend. 2 cans a day every day... I was so scared. Scared I would never be able to quit, scared I would die too young because of the poison, and scared that was powerless... Then 5/28/2013 I jumped into the KTC pool, and I started drinking the kool-aide! The first 100-230 days were filled with frustration, rage, and the anguish of ripping the poison out of my life, but those days were also filled with pride at accomplishing something I had long feared impossible for me. Along the way I have been helped and inspired by so many people here, and I want to thank them for helping me get to such a better place. The first year was full of ups and downs, but the second year has been easy freedom from the poison. The only fear in the second year was complacency and the horror of ever thinking I could have just one. Also sad to see some BAQ leave KTC, but it is nice that they have left because they feel so strong in their quit that they no longer feel they need KTC. Sorry starting to ramble, but just wanted to express my gratitude for KTC and to let the newbs know how much better it gets if you stay the course.

p.s. I am NOT fishing for 2 year kudos so if you stumble on this intro for the first time here don't feel the need to reply congrates, but rather just read this thread
Too bad Matt. Heres some Kudos. You were one of the first that replied to me when I first quit. You gave me hope that it could be done. So thanks Brother! Congrats on 2 years of Freedom! 'oh yeah' 'wave'
Big thumbs up. Those that leave KTC leave a crack open for the poison to sneak back in. We don't do stupid shit like that.

I'll raise a toast to you tonight, Matt. Congratulations.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #395 on: May 27, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #394 on: April 28, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
B-lo hitting the 7th floor today - Nice job brother, just a short jump to the two year mark but as always, one day at a time. Congrats brother!
Congrats on 700 B-lo! Thanks for staying here. Keep cranking them out bro!
Congrats Bro! Way to lead the way for September!
Nice. Man time flies when you are free. Well done Matt.
Nice 7 spot there B-lo. Your quit ride is one that I'll happily continue trail while you pave the way. Congrats.
Thanks all for the kind words! Milestones are huge. They help me remember where I was, and I am scared shit-less of ever going back to using nicotine...

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
B-lo hitting the 7th floor today - Nice job brother, just a short jump to the two year mark but as always, one day at a time. Congrats brother!
Nice 7 spot there B-lo. Your quit ride is one that I'll happily continue trail while you pave the way. Congrats.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2015, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: AppleJack
This is a true quitters thread right here...
You got it. Thanks Matt for all your support!
What are you feeling now?
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
You got it. Thanks Matt for all your support!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.