Author Topic: I need to quit, but don't want to  (Read 3538 times)

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I need to quit, but don't want to
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Stay with it oz. This temper tantrum your mind and heart are throwing will pass and you'll still be free.
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline teamgreen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the nic bitch in the taint.
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Quote from: nicofiend
Stay strong oz, you can overcome it, I just went thru my foggy 50s and seems like I relived my first hell week going into the 60s! But its gonna make my quit a hell of a lot stronger! Just say daily I WILL NOT CAVE!! nico
This is all great advice. One day at a time, get exercise and hang out on this site as much as you need to. It helps.

I can promise you it does get better as your body continues to rewire itself back to a more normal state, but it does take time, and it's not always a straight line of feeling better. It is SOOOOOOO worth the work you are putting in now.

If you keep grinding out one tough step (day) at a time, one day you'll look back at your path and realize it hasn't been as bad recently, but don't get discouraged along the way. It does get better, and it is worth it.

The last thing you want to do is start over and erase the hard work you've put in. You're not that far away from better times. Just keep it up.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Stay strong oz, you can overcome it, I just went thru my foggy 50s and seems like I relived my first hell week going into the 60s! But its gonna make my quit a hell of a lot stronger! Just say daily I WILL NOT CAVE!! nico

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
Slow down there gunpowder. No taking giant deuces on boss' desks or anything.

Sounds like you got some extra energy, some anxiety and wee bit of rage. Good stuff. You're getting healthy. You're a human being again. What are you doing for exercise? I say it all the time but a tired body leads to a soul at rest. So get the blood pumping. I exhausted myself during that period and I was just too tired to fight with anyone. I ran, worked out quite a bit. That's not really balance but shit I didn't put cancer candy in my mouth, still married and only told my boss off a couple times but he had it coming. Plus all the health benefits that came with it. BP, weight came down. All good stuff. I think there was a good discussion of that kind of stuff in Leahy16's intro. May be check that out.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
This is all perfectly normal. I had one hell of a time from approximately 50-75. Some of my worst days by far. For me around 50 the initial quit high wore off and my brain started a..."so, we're really doing this, huh?"

Just settle in...remain focused on one day at a time. Continue to do what has gotten you to this point. Get more involved here. Read, read, and read. There is a wealth of quit knowledge at your fingertips.

I promise it will pass and when it does the better just keeps getting better
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline parry8587

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 15, 2011
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Quote from: _oz
Day 56 of my quit and it's the funk worse than the beginning!

Wifey told me last night I was an asshole.
I am not a happy person this week.
I don't want to be at work - I want to quit.
I feel like getting into a fight - I'm just that pissy.
(in fact, I told off the umpire last Friday night - never done that before)
I honestly don't give a fuck right now.

I am in a funk and I need out - this is not me.

I am quit - I am quit - I will not cave!

What are you / what did you guys do to help get out of this? I don't like it.

No - I will not cave.
Oz, I'm on day 54 and was in a hell of a mood last week. I know exactly what you are talking about, and it is not fun at all. Being on this site almost 24/7, going into chat, getting involved in tons of new quits, etc really helped me get through it. You think it is never going to end, but you will come out of it with a stronger quit.

Stay close to the site and use your resources. We are here to help you.

And don't quit your job!

Offline _oz

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
Day 56 of my quit and it's the funk worse than the beginning!

Wifey told me last night I was an asshole.
I am not a happy person this week.
I don't want to be at work - I want to quit.
I feel like getting into a fight - I'm just that pissy.
(in fact, I told off the umpire last Friday night - never done that before)
I honestly don't give a fuck right now.

I am in a funk and I need out - this is not me.

I am quit - I am quit - I will not cave!

What are you / what did you guys do to help get out of this? I don't like it.

No - I will not cave.
QD - 5/13/11
1 day at a time!

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: KUmarcus01
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: Smokeyg
As by the strength of their illusion
Shall draw him on to his confusion:
He shall spurn fate, scorn death, and bear
His hopes 'bove wisdom, grace and fear:
And you all know, security
Is mortals' chiefest enemy.

Have fun with that one you drunk fucknutÂ….
Jesus, what a classic fucking post. Right on the money, a mf'ing poem, and late night. Nice work smokey.

And oz, while it may be too early to thumb our nose at the Nic bitch, great work staying quit. Just don't put yourself in front of too many triggers.

I had a couple tonight, and honestly, if there was a tin in the house, I can't promise I would have been strong. That bitch is relentless and attacks when we least expect it. There are too many HOF posters that later post a day one for me (at day 6/7) to get fucking cocky.

I'm proud to be quit with you, oz (and smokey).

Fortes soli superant
epic post smokey.

Had more than few on Friday night. Was climbing the walls at about 01:00. Stuffed a ton of seeds in my mouth, probably looked like a freaking hamster, and embraced the suck.

Like you dc I am way to early to think i've got this licked. Last night's crave was like a SOB! WTF is this coming from.

Seems like the post 72-hour head games are worse than the physical stuff. Creepy.

Oh well, enough of my yapping....I hear ya dc, oz et al; Smokey.....kick ass literary flourish.

Stay frosty all!
Shakespeare - Macbeth - Act 3, scene 5, lines 28-33.

Offline KUmarcus01

• Quitter
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2011, 02:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Dchogs

Jesus, what a classic fucking post. Right on the money, a mf'ing poem, and late night. Nice work smokey.

And oz, while it may be too early to thumb our nose at the Nic bitch, great work staying quit. Just don't put yourself in front of too many triggers.

I had a couple tonight, and honestly, if there was a tin in the house, I can't promise I would have been strong. That bitch is relentless and attacks when we least expect it. There are too many HOF posters that later post a day one for me (at day 6/7) to get fucking cocky.

Fortes soli superant
epic post smokey.

Had more than few on Friday night. Was climbing the walls at about 01:00. Stuffed a ton of seeds in my mouth, probably looked like a freaking hamster, and embraced the suck.

Like you dc I am way to early to think i've got this licked. Last night's crave was like a SOB! WTF is this coming from.

Seems like the post 72-hour head games are worse than the physical stuff. Creepy.

Oh well, enough of my yapping....I hear ya dc, oz et al; Smokey.....kick ass literary flourish.

Stay frosty all!
Quit Day: 15 May 2011
HOF Day: 23 August 2011

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
- Samuel Adams

U.S. Marine Corps Logic

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

Fortes soli superant
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »

Offline _oz

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
Drunk and normally.would have. Dip. Have t even craved it.today. love.being.free of the can. . Stay stroong my fellow quitters. State strong!!!!!
QD - 5/13/11
1 day at a time!

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: bigbamadan
And you shouldn't!  6 days is nothing in the big picture - but like all people it's the beginning that's the hard part.
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. In the big picture, 6 days is HUGE. You are one day shy of a week without shoving quite possibly the most addictive substance known to man in your pie hole.

There were many a years in my past that if someone would have hide my can from me for mere mins I would have gone ape shit and ripped them apart. 6 days free is no small accomplishment.

You oz are a solid quitter. Keep doing what you are doing and most importantly take pride in every single milestone. You are doing what many are incapable.
Excellent point bama....

every single victory is huge.....celebrate them all....none are insignificant...think of every victory as a single brick that will help make your foundation strong.

you got potential kid.....i got my eye on you.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
And you shouldn't! 6 days is nothing in the big picture - but like all people it's the beginning that's the hard part.
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. In the big picture, 6 days is HUGE. You are one day shy of a week without shoving quite possibly the most addictive substance known to man in your pie hole.

There were many a years in my past that if someone would have hide my can from me for mere mins I would have gone ape shit and ripped them apart. 6 days free is no small accomplishment.

You oz are a solid quitter. Keep doing what you are doing and most importantly take pride in every single milestone. You are doing what many are incapable.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Parputt
Quote from: CORNWALLACE
So...... 6 days quit -- and getting out of the fog (kind of - not as bad as it was this weekend).  I'm slowly adjusting to no shit in my lip, and all is going along sorta good.  Still have the few episodes where it just seems pointless and you want to cave, but then start thinking of a few things:  Getting email from you guys about being a pussy and not a man of my word, getting shit from my friends who have been supportive, etc., and then I realize it's just the bitch trying to get a free ride again.  Once I snap out of the few second haze, life is good.  Til about 30 minutes ago......

Stopped at a local gas station to rebuild my sunflower seed stash, and go to the counter to pay.  As I throw the seeds on the counter - I look up and see many, many bitch cans staring at me, calling my name.  Of course there was 1 row of cans that had a light coming from it - like it was being sent from heaven - and was destined to get in my pocket!  I knew I had the cash to purchase a can (or more) and stared hard at the tin. 

The cashier rang me up, looked at me and said "2.48 please".  I gave him a $5, grabbed my change and left as soon as I could. 

I will not let the bitch get me!  I am a quitter.
Dude, you have become a warrior! Guess I pegged you wrong after all. Now keep proving me wrong!

Way to go!
Putt - This guy is a stud quitter - people pay to have him mate with others to make sure their offspring is quit.

Great job Wizard - stay quit with us today!
I ain't giving him that much credit yet. When I see 3 digits he can cum on my shoe, but not until then. :D
I ain't giving him that much credit yet.  When I see 3 digits he can cum on my shoe, but not until then.   :D
And you shouldn't! 6 days is nothing in the big picture - but like all people it's the beginning that's the hard part.

Just trying to let all the new people know it's not easy and we all have that moment of going back to the darkside.

And don't worry - I won't hit your shoe 'no'
never underestimate the power of a single day of quit
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."