Author Topic: Day 2...  (Read 8806 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Day 2...
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
'band' Way to storm the 4th floor today Cowboy! Badass! Congrats! Never a doubt! 'wave'

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
Quote from: Zillah
Logging this comment for posterity here...

This week was a big one for me in the Quit Department: 1 year without nicotine 12/27/14. 13 years without alcohol today 12/30/14.
Anyone want to guess which was the harder of the two to quit?
Zillah Cowboy,

Congrats dude, that is just awesome. I remember a city in Washington called Zillah - you from around there?

And - like I told my wife - the booze I can do without, its that damn Copenhagen I think about all day/night... first thing in the morning...

Congrats again - Matt
Yep, the very same little town of Zillah here in central WA. Small town living is nice. We just got our first stop light in town last year. :-)
Awesome - WAZZU Alum here, grew up in Washington.

Congrats again.
Congrats Zillah, on both quits.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline BAMF

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-24
  • Interests: Attempting to thin the herd, one smack at a time.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

This week was a big one for me in the Quit Department: 1 year without nicotine 12/27/14. 13 years without alcohol today 12/30/14.
Zillah Cowboy,

Congrats dude, that is just awesome. I remember a city in Washington called Zillah - you from around there?

And - like I told my wife - the booze I can do without, its that damn Copenhagen I think about all day/night... first thing in the morning...

Congrats again - Matt
Yep, the very same little town of Zillah here in central WA. Small town living is nice. We just got our first stop light in town last year. :-)
Awesome - WAZZU Alum here, grew up in Washington.

Congrats again.

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »

Zillah Cowboy,

Congrats again - Matt

Offline BAMF

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-24
  • Interests: Attempting to thin the herd, one smack at a time.
« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »

Zillah Cowboy,

Congrats again - Matt

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Quote from: SAM83

ZC you are a rock star in my book of quit! Happy New Year brother! Proud to be quit with such an outstanding man!
I'm not what I could be, or should be, but I'm alot better than what I used to be.... WELL DONE PARD. And HNY!
I believe.....

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 212
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »

ZC you are a rock star in my book of quit! Happy New Year brother! Proud to be quit with such an outstanding man!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2014, 12:18:00 AM »

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »
Guess I'll grab the pistol off the nightstand and sleep with it. Nic B#! :- is going down.
No room for too ladies in my house!
Congrats again on 100, your a stud. Appreciate all you are doing for us newbies.
I believe.....

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #299 on: December 29, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
For you newbies. Here's a re-post of a terrifying nic dream I had when I was about 40 days into my quit earlier this year...enjoy. And sleep tight tonight.

I woke up to someone moving around in the house Sunday night. Petrified, I froze with fear and couldn't move my legs in bed...couldn't move my arms to reach for the pistol on the nightstand. My wife was sound asleep beside me oblivious to my thrashing. The bedroom door swung open and a female form appeared. The whore silently sprang onto the bed...crawled up my leg with a knife clenched between her teeth. Her knee pressed into my chest, pinning me to the bed even harder. Her grip was like iron as she pried my mouth open, slit my gums with the blade, and poured Cope directly in. Can after can after fucking can! The nic bitch then hissed and laughed that low husky laugh, clamped my mouth shut with demonic strength, lowered the blade to my balls and whispered with a fanged smile: "Now swallow me you poor motherfucker. You're caved."

Whew. I was crying like a baby when I woke up from that shit. Stay quit my friends. The alternative is terrifying.
ZC.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Krusty
Quote from: Ginet
I have been chasing this dude for 364 days. That means today is 365 for him. One solid year of quit. He has been our "leader" from early on. He stepped up and welcomed all the Resolute Bastards, made us feel at home, got us settled in, and then kept quitting day after day after day with us. May our day counts always be 24 hours apart. Here's to one year Zillah. Thank you for what you've done for me, our fellow R. Bastards and for the other quitters here. Congrats man.....celebrate today. Celebrate quit. Celebrate you! It is an honor to quit with you today and I will look forward to the honor again tomorrow! QUIT LIKE FUCK
G-Thank you for the kind words. You are the greatest. Thank YOU for being one of the key quit inspirations for us all in April '14. You have been a source of strength, and have also been a cornerstone both in our group and throughout KTC. I appreciate both your words and your toughness. And it is my honor to QUIT LIKE FUCK with you! In only a few short hours, your one year anniversary of quit will also dawn. Congratulations. You are one pure quitter!!!
Congrats brother. You are a pillar of my quit! One year, fantastic.
To one of the badass quitters that reached out to me and guided me through the struggles of the fog early-on: thank you, ZC, and, more importantly, CONGRATS ON ONE YEAR!!!

Time flies when you QLF, and I'm grateful that you continue to light the path ahead for many of us.

Congrats again, brotha.
Congrats on a full lap, cowboy!
Thanks! 365 Days = 1 Year = One Unit of Quit. Now onward ODAAT!!!
Sorry I missed this yesterday ZC. Huge congrats Brother. Way to claim your freedom!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
I have been chasing this dude for 364 days. That means today is 365 for him. One solid year of quit. He has been our "leader" from early on. He stepped up and welcomed all the Resolute Bastards, made us feel at home, got us settled in, and then kept quitting day after day after day with us. May our day counts always be 24 hours apart. Here's to one year Zillah. Thank you for what you've done for me, our fellow R. Bastards and for the other quitters here. Congrats man.....celebrate today. Celebrate quit. Celebrate you! It is an honor to quit with you today and I will look forward to the honor again tomorrow! QUIT LIKE FUCK
G-Thank you for the kind words. You are the greatest. Thank YOU for being one of the key quit inspirations for us all in April '14. You have been a source of strength, and have also been a cornerstone both in our group and throughout KTC. I appreciate both your words and your toughness. And it is my honor to QUIT LIKE FUCK with you! In only a few short hours, your one year anniversary of quit will also dawn. Congratulations. You are one pure quitter!!!
To one of the badass quitters that reached out to me and guided me through the struggles of the fog early-on: thank you, ZC, and, more importantly, CONGRATS ON ONE YEAR!!!

Time flies when you QLF, and I'm grateful that you continue to light the path ahead for many of us.

Congrats again, brotha.
Thanks! 365 Days = 1 Year = One Unit of Quit. Now onward ODAAT!!!

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »

Congrats again, brotha.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »

Congrats again, brotha.

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Pelly
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Fuh----uck. Zero concentration ability. Day 3 is the shit....80 hours since my final dip and the fog is thick...really thick.
You are in the heart of the storm right now. You are doing great. Foggy but grinding away sounds about par for the course. It gets better, much better. You can be proud that the nicotine is almost completely out of your system.
Keep on grinding, keep on winning.
Keep grinding it out. It's a battle but worth it. I'm not far ahead of you, Day 9. You're doing a great job. Be vocal, reach out, read.
Pelly,
Thanks for the words. But you're responding to my post of 362 days ago. Got fog? :-)
ZillahCowboy