Author Topic: let's try this again..  (Read 636 times)

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: let's try this again..
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Bendor
Hey newbie, keep it up while you can. It's a crazy drug in the sense of half life. Half life refers to how long it takes to have half the drug in your system. Nicotine is about 15 minutes. Cocaine and heroine about double that. I stopped on November 13th and going strong. My point is, quit while it is much easier. I chewed 22 years. I wish I could go back and quit at your stage.
Bendor, this is Dec. 27 now. You joined two days ago, one post, and this is it. Where's you at on April roll call?

You need to get yourself over to April, 2012, and do some reading to understand the foundation of this place. Posting once that you'll 'never ever use again, I promise' ain't gonna cut it.

EDIT Sorry, apparently you would be in the February group if you've been quit since November.
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Quote from: 03silvy
Quote from: dippshit
Your title has the word "try" in it. I didnt even read what you wrote because we don't "try" here. We "do". So if your willing to completely and permanently change your life, post roll, drink this place in, and free yourself.
Yea I not planning on using the word try because when you try, you have a chance at failure. its day 4 and a dip doesnt even sound good anymore. I put in a smokey mountain pouch yesterday and spit it out seconds later, it just doesnt do anything for me anymore. It is also nice having a smooth lower lip again
Two posts.

Where's your Roll?

I don't think you understand what we do here. If you need some help, PM me and I'll walk you through it.

In the meantime, click on the WELCOME CENTER at the top left of the screen and read #3 and #4.

Quit on.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline shanelax22

• Quitter
  • Interests: College Lacrosse player, fishing, running, biking, hiking, shooting, golf
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 03:53:00 AM »
Nice job man, I started as soon as I turned 18 myself. I am turning 21 next week and I have been quit for 30 days now. Congratulations on your decision to quit. Do not end up like I did, dipping through most of college, and like many others dipping most of their lives. Quit now and save your life. Feel free to pm me and we can get in contact.

Offline Bendor

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 12:54:00 AM »
Hey newbie, keep it up while you can. It's a crazy drug in the sense of half life. Half life refers to how long it takes to have half the drug in your system. Nicotine is about 15 minutes. Cocaine and heroine about double that. I stopped on November 13th and going strong. My point is, quit while it is much easier. I chewed 22 years. I wish I could go back and quit at your stage.

Offline 03silvy

• Interests: quit date 2-24-2012
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Quote from: dippshit
Your title has the word "try" in it. I didnt even read what you wrote because we don't "try" here. We "do". So if your willing to completely and permanently change your life, post roll, drink this place in, and free yourself.
Yea I not planning on using the word try because when you try, you have a chance at failure. its day 4 and a dip doesnt even sound good anymore. I put in a smokey mountain pouch yesterday and spit it out seconds later, it just doesnt do anything for me anymore. It is also nice having a smooth lower lip again

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline hawkins

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being really, really ridiculously good looking.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
Welcome! This is the best decision you'll ever make!
Shoot me a PM or a text if you ever need anything. You now have my number.
It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it did to fall apart.
Quit date: 26/09/2011
HOF: 1/03/2012
2nd Floor: 4/12/2012
3rd Floor: 7/21/2012
4th Floor: 10/29/2012
5th Floor: 2/06/2013

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
Welcome Sil. Make sure you hit the 'Welcome Center' in the upper left. Get an idea of how things work. This place will help you save your life if you want it. But the key is wanting it.

Post roll. Get involved. Read everything. Reach out. Simple. Not easy.

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
Congrats on your quit brother!!! Thats the best decision you have ever made. I am 14 days, not that far ahead of you, but the feeling is incredible. I am enjoying every minute of this. Stay with it man, drink the water and get support. Don't try to do this alone. I PM'ed you my number. If you need anything, let me know.

Now, everyday, post roll and stick to it. We quit one day at a time here. Don't look ahead, just focus on not dipping today. That's all we ask!

Offline 03silvy

• Interests: quit date 2-24-2012
let's try this again..
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:27:00 AM »
Hi, im currently 18 and i have dipped since the day i turned 18 (jan 21'st) I attempted to quit back in October and I made it 10 days and I didnt think anything of it, but on that 10th day I just walked into that gas station on lunch break and got that can of Copenhagen straight and screwed it all up. My girlfriend was REALLY disappointed in me because in mid November she thought I was still quit, but i was dipping behind her back and she found out. Lately she asked me why i started again and I was speechless and it made me really think about it.

So what I was planning was take my last dip on new years eve and the whole new years resolution thing. but I said "fvck that sh!t, im quitting now!" my last dip was around 10 pm on December 22nd and I have been nic free since then.

During my last "quit" i bought some smokey mountain snuff and some pouches, I HATE the chew, the texture is horrible, taste is meh. but i like the mint pouches and i throw one of those in now and then, but to be honest i get no enjoyment out of them.

But to finish things up, these last 3 days have not been hard as i heard they would be, but i was surrounded by family and my girlfriend for the last 3 days so that made it a lot easier for me.

im so glad there are websites like these out there to help people with these addictions