Author Topic: Trouble quitting  (Read 487 times)

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trouble quitting
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: flyby
Maybe do what everyone here has done... QUIT! Throw out your spitters, toss your can, post roll  quit one day at a time. Do that  people around here will help you immensely.
Yeah. What he said.

By the way. You ARE in the right place. You are obviously pondering the idea of quitting. So this is the place for you. Look around the forum and read the posts. Study the welcome center. The info is here. The help is here. The encouragement is here.

These guys telling you to go away really bothers me. Am I missing something? If so, someone please explain.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:00 AM »
Man, that intro sounds pathetic. Pull down your pants and look, do you have balls? It takes balls to quit nicotine. If you don't want to quit troll somewhere else till you do. (I suggest oral cancer sites). So you'll know what to look for.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:00 AM »
Quote from: zirk
I was irritable all day and felt exhausted.  Eventually I couldnt take it and went and bought a tin.
Your answer is right in you own intro post. If being a slave to a can and to the drug nicotine is not objectionable to you, doesn't do something to your and pride that you are not functioning independent of this drug that causes mouth cancer, irritability, bad breath, and messing with your blood vessels in the heart, brain and elsewhere, then by all means keep doing it. But since you're here, you have some motive to get free so do what flyby said and do it today!

Offline Steve Mc.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-12-21
  • Interests: Golf, fishing, and spending time with my wife and daughter.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:00:00 AM »
Quote from: zirk
I know I need to quit, but I just don't fully want to...
Well then this is not the place for you. Come back when you are ready to quit one day at a time. Your intro obviously states you are not ready to quit, today.
Quit Date: 12/21/2012, HOF: 3/31/2013, FIVE Years 12/21/17
Sobriety Date: 10/10/2000

This sure beats the other alternatives, ODAAT.

Offline flyby

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 04:54:00 AM »
Check out the 'welcome center' tab
Motivation is what gets you started,
habit is what keeps you going.
Willpower is remembering what you really want

Offline flyby

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 04:53:00 AM »
Maybe do what everyone here has done... QUIT! Throw out your spitters, toss your can, post roll  quit one day at a time. Do that  people around here will help you immensely.
Motivation is what gets you started,
habit is what keeps you going.
Willpower is remembering what you really want

Offline zirk

Trouble quitting
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
My name is John and I've been dipping for about 5 years. I started my freshman year in high school when some of the older baseball guys got me to dip. I've been dipping ever since. I dip 2-3 cans a day. I went a full day without dipping Wednesday, but fell apart and finally packed a dip. I know I need to quit, but I just don't fully want to... I bought this tea leave stuff to try and stop. It is terrible... I was irritable all day and felt exhausted. Eventually I couldnt take it and went and bought a tin.

The worst part is that when I first started I only did around the guys that dipped.. just trying to fit in (being a freshman on the varsity squad, it wasnt very easy to be accepted). I never thought Id get addicted to it, but then I noticed myself doing it by myself and just began doing it nonstop..

I know I should quit, I just havent been able to stick with it..