Author Topic: X Ball Player Quit  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: X Ball Player Quit
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: baseballplayer
Had a couple of beers with Pinched tonight as he was here in Denver. Seriously great dude! Imparted some great knowledge about quitting and life in general on this "noob". Good shit!
You got "pinched" eh? Now show us on the anatomically correct doll where he touched you. shocker

Seriously though, he is a close brother and friend. It is a powerful tool meeting our fellow quitters in person. Really takes us out of the virtual realm and puts faces to the screen names we make our promise to daily.

Proud to quit with you today bbplayer!

Offline baseballplayer

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-14
  • Interests: Beer & Sports
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Had a couple of beers with Pinched tonight as he was here in Denver. Seriously great dude! Imparted some great knowledge about quitting and life in general on this "noob". Good shit!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: rdad
Wow, this is great. Thanks for all of the support. I think I posted to roll (although it may not have been right). I really appreciate all of you reaching out and pointing me in the right direction.
BallPlayer
Posting roll the first time is confusing especially when there is a separate conversation thread going on in your group page. Scroll down the list till you find the entry that says PROJECT MAYHEM:Snowflake Protocol. That is the quit list. Copy it, Cut it, Paste It and add your name in the group below the line that says "New Quitters" I'm crappy at explaining this but look up top in the welcome center (Salmon Colored Tab) to see how to do it. At least you tried. I screwed it up too.
Not much to add....some great advice from some great quitters! To keep it simple...post roll every damn day....there is no excuse not to....get to know others via chat room and in your group, get involved! Don't worry about anything except today...if I can do this anyone can
Good job on roll. I would have never figured that out in the beginning especially with all the crap going on in your group today. Do that every morning. Make some friends, read, read, read, everything you can on here. It will make you stronger! Cheers!

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Wow, this is great. Thanks for all of the support. I think I posted to roll (although it may not have been right). I really appreciate all of you reaching out and pointing me in the right direction.
BallPlayer
Posting roll the first time is confusing especially when there is a separate conversation thread going on in your group page. Scroll down the list till you find the entry that says PROJECT MAYHEM:Snowflake Protocol. That is the quit list. Copy it, Cut it, Paste It and add your name in the group below the line that says "New Quitters" I'm crappy at explaining this but look up top in the welcome center (Salmon Colored Tab) to see how to do it. At least you tried. I screwed it up too.
Not much to add....some great advice from some great quitters! To keep it simple...post roll every damn day....there is no excuse not to....get to know others via chat room and in your group, get involved! Don't worry about anything except today...if I can do this anyone can
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
BallPlayer

Offline baseballplayer

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
You are getting some amazing quitters lined up in here giving you advice. Follow what they say and you will be quit for good. One thing that really helped me once I got past the initial suck, like you are now at 12 days, was to educate myself on the evil of the addiction. There is some good material about that on this site, at the "WELCOME CENTER" above and to the left. I also like to share this link Nicotine Addiction 101 a lot, because the article there really hit home for me. Fellow KTC quitter SpartanRon shared the link with me initially.

My other critical tip is to make friends here- this builds out your accountability and support network. Exchange numbers with some people in your class, as well as with more seasoned quitters. I'll be glad to share mine to help you build out your own network- just send a message if you'd like that.

Keep up the good work and welcome to the fold here!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
I find that if I treat it a bit like alcoholism (I will always be an alcoholic, I'm just clean now), it helps.
Good to have you join us. 12 days, you have a great quit going! I just wanted to clarify the above statement.

Once and Addict, you will always be an addict. However, quiting nicotine, you're addicted mindset will destroy you and your quit if you think in terms of a week, a year, 5 years or the rest of your life. Hell don't even worry about tomorrow. You only focus on staying quit today.

It is true that your body and mind will never need nicotine again. Never did. Your addicted mind tricks you into thinking that's implossible. Some day, some time, somewhere, you will probably cave is what happens if you think past today.

Trick your mind back. You haven't promised to be quit tomorrow. Tomorrow is too far away to be concerned with. I promised to quit today and I will be a man of my word today. Any addict can keep a 24 hour promise.

When tomorrow becomes today, well you post roll and repeat. Only quit on Today's and you never promised you would quit tomorrow.

Make sense?

So the roll is the promise you make to fellow quitters. They quit for you and will keep their word and you quit for them and can't let them down. Everyone battles together and supports the quitter. Team play with individual effort is what helps addicts recover from the impacts of nicotine.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
learn how to post roll here..index.php?showtopic=50
You're in the May 2014 Quit Group. Post every day, beginning today. Welcome to May!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
I like your intro bro. Your here and i believe your sincere. You've made it 12 days. That tells me a lot.

You've got a great quit going. Let's clean up just a little bit of your thinking which will change a lot.

First off, one of your statements led me to believe caving is an option at some point. You stated "i pray this is the last time". I'm a believer also, but this quit has everything to do with you and how bad you want it. Take caving completely off the table.

Go to the top left and read the welcome center. Locate posting roll. We post roll daily. Read how and why we post roll. You can keep your word for a day right?

Put everything you got into this quit my friend. No more trying, hoping, wishing, wanting. Post roll and keep your word. There you will have it. Prayer answered!

12 days means you can make it 13. You still have a battle on your hands, but as soon as you add some arsenal the battle is yours for the taking. Read everything on this site. Read all the facts you can on nicotine/addiction. Lotta good stuff on this site my friend. Once you post roll in the may group because your on day 12 you will start adding accountability. Knowledge, accountability, determination and drive brother. Your quit just got REAL!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Congrats on making a great choice, Rand. 12 days is huge. But it is just the beginning. G-Claws is right...learn how and why we post roll. Then post roll, read, and repeat. We got you back. You can do this. One Day At A Time!!!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
My name is Rand... I'm an ex-ballplayer and a quitter. I have been quit for 12 days now. Feeling great but still fighting the fight.

I have quit 3 or 4 times before but I never have had something like Kill the Can to help me through it. It truly is great! I come onto the site just about everyday to get inspiration.

In my years chewing I have seen it all. Lesions, sores, skin and gum loss the whole 9 yards. Luckily I have avoided any major health issues to this point (that I know of). I feel blessed to have been given the will power to quit again. I pray that this is the last time.

I try to take it one day at a time. I find that if I treat it a bit like alcoholism (I will always be an alcoholic, I'm just clean now), it helps.

Proud to be a member and stand with the rest in the fight against chew and nicotine.

Cheers,

Rand
You're in the right place. Congrats on quitting. I assume you want this to be your "final quit".

We quit for life here, but we do it one day at a time (ODAAT). Read the welcome center and get with your quit group (may 2014).

You will hit the HOF in May. It is very important that you post roll daily do promise to keep nicotine out of your system. This is life or death, and this is how we stay quit. Again, you are in the right place. Congrats on taking back your freedom.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline baseballplayer

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
My name is Rand... I'm an ex-ballplayer and a quitter. I have been quit for 12 days now. Feeling great but still fighting the fight.

I have quit 3 or 4 times before but I never have had something like Kill the Can to help me through it. It truly is great! I come onto the site just about everyday to get inspiration.

In my years chewing I have seen it all. Lesions, sores, skin and gum loss the whole 9 yards. Luckily I have avoided any major health issues to this point (that I know of). I feel blessed to have been given the will power to quit again. I pray that this is the last time.

I try to take it one day at a time. I find that if I treat it a bit like alcoholism (I will always be an alcoholic, I'm just clean now), it helps.

Proud to be a member and stand with the rest in the fight against chew and nicotine.

Cheers,

Rand

Offline baseballplayer

• Quitter
X Ball Player Quit
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »