Author Topic: plasterman  (Read 5729 times)

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: plasterman
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2020, 06:15:46 PM »
So are you going to post roll @plasterman ?
Over 10 hours since you said you need to figure it out and GS9502 gave you great instructions, yet you are not on roll?
What are you waiting for, lets make it happen!
Take the leap, spit out the poison, and take back your life
Sorry trying my best I'm here to quit chewing, and NOT for some special fancy "word play" or confusion on my part maybe I'm just stupid.
As I said in November, greatvto see you post roll. Just do that first thing  every morning and keep your word and you will be quit
Um it's Sunday but...trying to "post" "roll" but she's not up yet
They got youbin there brother. If you want to make first Post of day, just erase everyone's promises from the day before, change the date and and your new promise. Or just post your promise and someone will get you on roll
OK thank you. So do I quote your header instructions and post there then? This will really clear thing up big time for me, Thanks. I thing I will need to do this from time to time.
@plasterman, to flip roll in November, it looks as though all you need to do is click the "new roll" link in the group header. Once you click that link, a new window should open and be ready for you to edit and post. You'd edit the date, then scroll down and post your promise where you usually do (this is how the "fresh roll" link works for my group, anyway). The big Instructions for Posting banner/page header should stay where it is. Typically, only admins mess with that. Flipping roll won't affect it in any way.
@plasterman , exactly what this BAQ ^^^ said!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »
Over 10 hours since you said you need to figure it out and GS9502 gave you great instructions, yet you are not on roll?
Sorry trying my best I'm here to quit chewing, and NOT for some special fancy "word play" or confusion on my part maybe I'm just stupid.
As I said in November, greatvto see you post roll. Just do that first thing  every morning and keep your word and you will be quit
They got youbin there brother. If you want to make first Post of day, just erase everyone's promises from the day before, change the date and and your new promise. Or just post your promise and someone will get you on roll
OK thank you. So do I quote your header instructions and post there then? This will really clear thing up big time for me, Thanks. I thing I will need to do this from time to time.
@plasterman, to flip roll in November, it looks as though all you need to do is click the "new roll" link in the group header. Once you click that link, a new window should open and be ready for you to edit and post. You'd edit the date, then scroll down and post your promise where you usually do (this is how the "fresh roll" link works for my group, anyway). The big Instructions for Posting banner/page header should stay where it is. Typically, only admins mess with that. Flipping roll won't affect it in any way.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
  • Interests: Beating Copenhagen
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2020, 04:01:36 PM »
"Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind possessing and caressing me" -John Lennon

"Don't destroy the one called {quitter}". - Dr. Bones McCoy, Star Trek episode "Balance of Terror"

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
Do I post in MY posting or just "THE latest one on the roll??
And why a quote, and just not "NEW POST? Sorry guys for being dense. Do I quote my own roll post or anyone random that shows up as the latest post? Thanks.
So when you Quote, you're able to keep what's already been posted and add to it, just like this thread. When you post roll, you want to add your name to the list of quitters from your group who have already posted. Hitting Reply" or "New Post" would create an entirely new blank page. Generally, you would hit the big "Reply" button only if you wanted to post something to the group like a message for everyone to see.

You won't quote your own post. When you go to the November page and scroll down past the directions for posting, you'll find the latest roll post with the big Nutting Knuckleheads of November Quit Group banner. In the upper left corner, you'll see the username of the person who last posted. In the Upper right corner, you'll see the Like heart and Quote links. Click the "Quote" link. When the text box opens, you'll need to scroll down past the banner and other page-related info (milestones, ssoa, etc.) and find the last entry under the "New Bad Ass quitters post your promise below to be nicotine free for today" heading.

I'm going to PM you my digits, @plasterman. If you would like to experiment with a post while I talk you through it, feel free to give me a call. Now, doing this from a phone can be a bit more complicated than trying to post from a computer, just because of the way things get compressed because of screen size.

No worries, brother. We'll get this figured out and have you posting like a pro in no time.
Try this link, maybe it will help if you can visualize it.  https://www.killthecan.org/community/how-to-post-roll-call-roll-call-instructions/
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 12:45:13 PM »
And why a quote, and just not "NEW POST? Sorry guys for being dense. Do I quote my own roll post or anyone random that shows up as the latest post? Thanks.
So when you Quote, you're able to keep what's already been posted and add to it, just like this thread. When you post roll, you want to add your name to the list of quitters from your group who have already posted. Hitting Reply" or "New Post" would create an entirely new blank page. Generally, you would hit the big "Reply" button only if you wanted to post something to the group like a message for everyone to see.

You won't quote your own post. When you go to the November page and scroll down past the directions for posting, you'll find the latest roll post with the big Nutting Knuckleheads of November Quit Group banner. In the upper left corner, you'll see the username of the person who last posted. In the Upper right corner, you'll see the Like heart and Quote links. Click the "Quote" link. When the text box opens, you'll need to scroll down past the banner and other page-related info (milestones, ssoa, etc.) and find the last entry under the "New Bad Ass quitters post your promise below to be nicotine free for today" heading.

I'm going to PM you my digits, @plasterman. If you would like to experiment with a post while I talk you through it, feel free to give me a call. Now, doing this from a phone can be a bit more complicated than trying to post from a computer, just because of the way things get compressed because of screen size.

No worries, brother. We'll get this figured out and have you posting like a pro in no time.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »
"Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind possessing and caressing me" -John Lennon

"Don't destroy the one called {quitter}". - Dr. Bones McCoy, Star Trek episode "Balance of Terror"

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 10:33:05 AM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 08:06:03 AM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 06:52:15 AM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 04:05:29 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »
@plasterman , you are doing great - staying quit is job No. 1.  But to get the most from KTC - to make the most of the tools here - click on the red NOVEMBER link that GS9502 provided below, click on Quote on the top right hand corner of the latest post starting with the heading "The Nutting Knuckleheads of November 2020 Quit Group" post your nic name, your days quit, and a promise - or anything else you want - and post it.  Post under the section that says "New Bad Ass quitters post your promise below to be nicotine free for today:"   I hope that is clear, if not just ask.  And as GS9502 said, if you screw up, we'll fix it (a LOT of people screw it up the first handful of times!!)

It doesn't make a lot of sense, it shouldn't work, but it does.  If you are a man of your word and your promise is worth anything.  For some of us (most of us), it was the ONLY thing that worked.

You don't need to quit alone - quit with your brothers in November 2020 and let's keep this quit rolling!!!

FLLIP
Day 1,486
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 11:24:19 AM by FLLipOut »
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 07:48:53 AM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
  Hey guys I need to quit my Copenhagen addiction and that is why I am here. Age 62 close to 50 years nowghewing. I am a plasterer so I was taught it is good to chew while I mud.
Welcome @plasterman ! The first thing you should do is flush any nicotine products you have immediately. This is a no-nicotine site where cold-turkey is the only way. Once you have eliminated all nicotine products, go to the November 2020 group and post roll. Posting roll is something we do each and every day when we wake up in the morning - it's our promise to ourselves and our fellow quitters that we will remain quit that day. Anyone can quit for 24 hours. Today is all we can control so we focus on the here and now.

This is an accountability website so you must be willing to be held accountable and not afraid to hold others accountable. Get involved with your group and share your phone number with fellow quitters in your group using the 'My Messages' feature in the toolbar up top (if you are on your computer). On your phone it will look like a little envelop. Make sure your fellow quitters are on roll each and every day and use the forum to share your frustrations as well as your victories.

You called your dependency on nicotine an addiction which is a critical first step in understanding what we are fighting. Glad to have you and proud to be quit with you TODAY!
I need to figure out how to "post roll".
are you guys OK with the Smokey Mountain herbal snuff to help whean the addiction?
@plasterman, fake dips are ok AS LONG AS THEY ARE NICOTINE FREE. Just check the label. I still use Teaza pouches on occasion. I've used Grinds coffee pouches, and I've used Smokey Mountain and some other fake dip made from kudzu roots!

Posting roll isn't that hard.
1. Go to the November page (click the big red November).
2. Read the Posting Roll instructions. If you screw it up, it'll get fixed, and you'll get the hang of it.

Make your promise. Keep your promise. One Day At A Time.
Renegade of Quit

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »
  Hey guys I need to quit my Copenhagen addiction and that is why I am here. Age 62 close to 50 years nowghewing. I am a plasterer so I was taught it is good to chew while I mud.
Welcome @plasterman ! The first thing you should do is flush any nicotine products you have immediately. This is a no-nicotine site where cold-turkey is the only way. Once you have eliminated all nicotine products, go to the November 2020 group and post roll. Posting roll is something we do each and every day when we wake up in the morning - it's our promise to ourselves and our fellow quitters that we will remain quit that day. Anyone can quit for 24 hours. Today is all we can control so we focus on the here and now.

This is an accountability website so you must be willing to be held accountable and not afraid to hold others accountable. Get involved with your group and share your phone number with fellow quitters in your group using the 'My Messages' feature in the toolbar up top (if you are on your computer). On your phone it will look like a little envelop. Make sure your fellow quitters are on roll each and every day and use the forum to share your frustrations as well as your victories.

You called your dependency on nicotine an addiction which is a critical first step in understanding what we are fighting. Glad to have you and proud to be quit with you TODAY!
I need to figure out how to "post roll".
are you guys OK with the Smokey Mountain herbal snuff to help whean the addiction?