Community > Introductions

Long time stalker, first time poster

<< < (37/38) > >>

pab1964:

--- Quote from: KennyZ ---Day 83: Last night my wife and I were talking while she was calculating our monthly budget. She mentions that our gas/auto expenses for the past two months have dropped ~$150/month. I said, while gas prices have dropped I haven't needed "gas" every-other-day. Then it clicked with her. I think she was surprised at how much I was spending on the crap.

Thinking about this made me realize how fucked up the addiction messes with your thought process. I know that I balked at paying a higher life insurance premium for tobacco users and delayed in purchasing the additional insurance. I believe it was $100 more per month.

Now I was happily stuffing $150 per month in my mouth and increasing my chances of dying sooner (and needing the life insurance for my wife and kid) but thought paying $100 more per month to protect my family was too much! Fuck.

I will keep this quit. I will make sure my family is protected. Any money left over will be spent on beer.
--- End quote ---
Quit on brother! Damn proud to be quit with you! Its amazing how the nic bitch can totally control our mind! I'm proud to say I can look at someone dipping and my mouth don't water but I look in disguss and think how damn nasty!

KennyZ:
Day 83: Last night my wife and I were talking while she was calculating our monthly budget. She mentions that our gas/auto expenses for the past two months have dropped ~$150/month. I said, while gas prices have dropped I haven't needed "gas" every-other-day. Then it clicked with her. I think she was surprised at how much I was spending on the crap.

Thinking about this made me realize how fucked up the addiction messes with your thought process. I know that I balked at paying a higher life insurance premium for tobacco users and delayed in purchasing the additional insurance. I believe it was $100 more per month.

Now I was happily stuffing $150 per month in my mouth and increasing my chances of dying sooner (and needing the life insurance for my wife and kid) but thought paying $100 more per month to protect my family was too much! Fuck.

I will keep this quit. I will make sure my family is protected. Any money left over will be spent on beer.

Steakbomb18:

--- Quote from: KennyZ ---
--- Quote from: Dagranger ---Kenny at day 77 you don't need the usual help we give to new guys here. You've made it through the toughest days of quitting. But if I could give you a different piece of advice. Help out as many new quitters who come to this site as you can. Not only can it be a huge help for struggling quitters, but helping others will add to your own accountability.
--- End quote ---
Roger that! I'll do my best.
--- End quote ---
I'll second that sound advice my friend Dagranger gave you. There's a lot many of us can learn from a person like yourself. 6 years quit is a long time. In these parts thats a 2,190 day legend and what your story tells us, is that no matter your number, we're all one day and one huge-ass mistake away from day 1. No matter how long one has been quit, we all need to guard it with our lives, because as addicts, this truly is a battle between life and death.

I'm glad you're here buddy and I hope to see you here for a long time.

KennyZ:

--- Quote from: Dagranger ---Kenny at day 77 you don't need the usual help we give to new guys here. You've made it through the toughest days of quitting. But if I could give you a different piece of advice. Help out as many new quitters who come to this site as you can. Not only can it be a huge help for struggling quitters, but helping others will add to your own accountability.
--- End quote ---
Roger that! I'll do my best.

Dagranger:
Kenny at day 77 you don't need the usual help we give to new guys here. You've made it through the toughest days of quitting. But if I could give you a different piece of advice. Help out as many new quitters who come to this site as you can. Not only can it be a huge help for struggling quitters, but helping others will add to your own accountability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version