Community > Introductions

Long time stalker, first time poster

<< < (38/38)

Grizzlyhasclaws:
There is no such thing as "just one". NAFAR: never again for any reason. ODAAT: one day at a time.

pab1964:
This shit is all about you bud! If you want this bad enough and post roll every damn day and listen to these guys read all you can and get some digits for help you will have a new less on life ! Enjoy the quit! One day at a time I quit with you my friend!

AppleJack:
Let me tell you the greatest component to your success...

Get involved and stay involved.

If you put the effort into your quit that you put in to feeding your addiction... You got this. Welcome to freedom dude.

Rawls:
Awesome,
Yep.... Your an addict. Welcome aboard and thanks for the intro. Thanks for intro into FFF also.
We have some great guys in our group and there are some stud male /female quiters here on this side of KTC also.
This is your intro page for you.. Like a journal so you can go back and remember your climb. Looking forward to ODAAT, Quit with you today.
Rawls

KennyZ:
IÂ’m at day 77! While I try to be proud of the count, IÂ’m reminded of why my number is only 77. About 10 years ago I was roughly at the 6 year mark, nicotine free. Yes, 6 fÂ’n years without failing! I started bumming a dip from friends while golfing and chewing on a cigar at parties. I let my guard down and my addiction started working on my behaviors.

I convinced myself that I could buy a tin and leave it around, just take a dip once-in-awhile when the feeling struck. Then instead of having a new tin once a month it grew into a tin-a-day addiction. I was horribly embarrassed that I caved. My wife was pissed and I let myself down.

As most of you have posted, IÂ’ve tried quitting many times. I would make it through the suck and speed on down the road only to stop at the gas station to start the cycle again.

But this time it is different. Why? IÂ’ve got this site and bunch of people that will assist me in keeping my daily promise. I now have a group that will keep bringing the addiction mind games to the forefront for me to see. For that I am thankful and proud.

So, will I make it past the 6 year mark again? I donÂ’t know. All I can promise is that today I will not cave.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version