Community > Introductions

My Introduction

(1/2) > >>

famous205:

--- Quote from: TonyB on November 13, 2020, 04:18:55 PM ---I only take what the lord decides to give me for that day.. I do not know what tomorrow brings. I have decided to quit, chewing is an old chapter in my life along with many others. Appreciate your encouragement ( although rather crude), but I am done with chew. Tomorrow is another day and we will see where it goes, but rest assured tobacco or any other harmful activity will not be part of it. Now , I need to go and scout out my deer stand. Season opens in a couple of weeks and I need to figure out how my four legged friends are moving.  :)

--- End quote ---

Didn't mean to come off as crude, brother. The reason to ensure that your mindset is aligned with your quit goal is because nicotine doesn't care about emotions, feelings, etc. If your guard is down just slightly, especially early on, nicotine will always win. I have had the correct mind set so far that I'm done with it and am quit taking it one day at a time. Do I still have cravings and miss having a dip? Yes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but my mindset on being quit is more important than putting the shit back in my face.

Thefranks5:

--- Quote from: famous205 on November 13, 2020, 01:38:36 PM ---I completely agree with @Hill_Monkey on that. When I tried to quit in the past, I used the same type of terminology because in the back of my head, I really wasn't in it for the long haul.

So yeah, change "We will see where it goes" to "Fuck this expensive cancer ridden addiction bullshit that I stuff in my face so I can spit out shit juice into a spitter cup."   :)

I quit with you, @TonyB

--- End quote ---
@TonyB these guys speak the truth. You have to make up your mind to QUIT. You have to WANT to quit and if you don’t go into it with that mindset you will not be able to conquer the can. Listen to the advice and do not be afraid to ask more questions. Build your network and share digits as that helps having help at your finger tips. Welcome and ptbqwyt.

famous205:
I completely agree with @Hill_Monkey on that. When I tried to quit in the past, I used the same type of terminology because in the back of my head, I really wasn't in it for the long haul.

So yeah, change "We will see where it goes" to "Fuck this expensive cancer ridden addiction bullshit that I stuff in my face so I can spit out shit juice into a spitter cup."   :)

I quit with you, @TonyB 

Hill_Monkey:
A little advice from a new quitter, change how you speak of quitting.

Turn "We will see were it goes" into I'm fuckin' done with this bullshit.

Hill_Monkey quitting with you.

FullCurl:
Welcome, Im pretty new here myself.You will find the support/info you need here. Congrats on quitting Tony.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version