Community > Introductions

5 days in.. withdrawal symptoms no abatement yet!

(1/1)

MN_Engineer:

--- Quote from: Down2c on April 06, 2023, 03:56:01 PM ---If I can’t do this now, I never will!! After 40 years of 1 can/ day Copenhagen abuse, it’s finally time. Think it might be causing me some other health issues, and tired of paying $10/ day to support the habit!! Wish me luck!

--- End quote ---
I never wish anyone luck when they quit. Because quitting has nothing to do with luck. Wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first.

Here at KTC we decide our own destiny. We make a promise early each and every morning that no nicotine will enter our bodies. We then honor that promise through thick and thin one day at a time (ODAAT).

Get over to Discord if you haven't already and start to build an accountability network. We don't 'try' here; we grind it out alongside our brothers no matter how hard the craves hit.

Also @Down2c, we are nicotine addicts so this isn't just a habit. We are fighting an addiction; it's important to know your enemy. Glad you found us so let's go!

MN/2,538 days of making my promise and keeping my word. 2,538 days of freedom.

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: Down2c on April 06, 2023, 03:56:01 PM ---If I can’t do this now, I never will!! After 40 years of 1 can/ day Copenhagen abuse, it’s finally time. Think it might be causing me some other health issues, and tired of paying $10/ day to support the habit!! Wish me luck!

--- End quote ---
@Down2c  - welcome to KTC. A few things worth remembering: 1. What you and the rest of have is not a habit, it is an addiction and nicotine is your drug. 2. We don’t need luck to quit. We wake up, piss, and then post our promise to stay nicotine free for the day, keep our word, and then repeat the following day, and then so on and so on. Successful quitters make connections with other quitters so when times get hard they can reach and get the support and accountability they need and they offer that same support and accountability in return.

There isn’t a better day than today to start taking back control of your life. It you haven’t, head over to Discord and sign up. It does suck for a while. But quitting ODAAT - one day at a time, and letting the days add up, it doesn’t take too long before you start to see light at the end of the tunnel. Here is the link to start saving your life. https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd

Down2c:
If I can’t do this now, I never will!! After 40 years of 1 can/ day Copenhagen abuse, it’s finally time. Think it might be causing me some other health issues, and tired of paying $10/ day to support the habit!! Wish me luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version