Community > Introductions

1st Day Quit

<< < (33/33)

chris2alaska:
 09 Apr 2018, 21:13 #18
Well here it is day 82, coming up on HOF. Several of my April brothers have already boarded the train. I’m worried though, the last time I checked, there were no railroad tracks all the way to Alaska. How is the HOF train going to pick me up? Maybe I can catch a plane and parachute down to the train somewhere in the lower 48.

Anyway, my quit is strong mainly due to all of the brothers that I have accumulated over the last two and a half months. Also, volunteering to help with SSOA and fixing jacked rolls puts a smile on my face. I have made some very strong friendships with guys that I have never met face to face, yet. I hope that one day I can get them all up here for some fishing and or hunting or even golf. Yeah, that’s right bitches, I got golf here too. We actually have two really nice courses and a few mediocre ones. So if y’all want to come up and play golf, there’s that too.

The most important thing I’m saying is, make those connections with people. You never know where they will lead you and they will help your quit in more ways than you can imagine.

I changed positions in the company I work for. I used to be the Assistant Service Manager, now I am the Special Projects Manager. ? Yay

I’ve been trying to support some of the new July guys. They are starting out to be a great bunch of quitters. There is already a lot of drama though with a retread or two. Just chill guys, wake up, piss, post roll. That’s it, if you can help someone else in the process, all the better.

I know for a fact that your quit will be that much stronger by helping a fellow quitter or ten with their quits.

Well, I just wanted to give myself an update, it’s been a while. If this helps someone else, then it was well worth my time, if no one reads it, then it was still worth it because it helped me.

I am very proud to quit with everyone in KTC. Thanks for taking the time to read my gibberish. Have a great, nicotine free day.

As my awesome friend Athan says, “Love ya, bye”

chris2alaska:
 22 Feb 2018, 07:49 #12
The Nicotine Bitch:

She is very cunning and very powerful and she is a murderer. She has many ways of entering our lives. Those that are smart never let her in to begin with. Those that have had the misfortune of letting her in either succumb to her advances whole heartedly and spend the rest of their lives in her servitude or they finally come out of the darkness and into the light and see her for what she really is.

The latter is what all of us are. We have seen the light of freedom from her grasp. Everyday we promise not to give into her constant barrage of advances to try to get us back. She is, as I said, very cunning. She will bide her time, waiting for just the right moment to pounce.

She has ALL the time in world. WE DON'T!!

That is why we have to remain vigilante in our quit to keep her at bay so we can enjoy what little remaining time we do have left on this earth.

One day, I will enjoy meeting some of you, my brothers and sisters, joined in our common fight against that murderous, conniving whore. Until then, I salute, admire, and respect you all for keeping up the good fight.

I Quit with You All Today

chris2alaska:
 16 Feb 2018, 07:43 #10
Well,

It is day 29.

Everyday is little easier. Everyday is only possible because of my promise I make each and every morning to myself and to you, my quit brothers and sisters.

I know full well, that if I did not have this forum that makes me accountable to not only myself, but everyone else in it, I would still be chewing today.

Let's face it people, "WE" are our own worst enemy. Fortunately, everyone in here that is succeeding with their quit has at least a semblance of morality and honor. Without it, your promise would mean nothing to yourself or your fellow quitters.

Let's take a look at that word, "Promise":

prom·ise.

[ˈpräməs]

NOUN

1.a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen

A Declaration, that is a strong word. Declaration of Independence, perhaps the most monumental use of the word to all of us Americans.

Other synonyms: Pledge, Vow, Guarantee, Oath. These are all very strong words and everyone in here should think about what their promise really means to themselves and then think about what your promise means to your quit brothers and sisters. It is not something to be taken lightly, it is, in fact a life changing moment that you undertake every day when you post roll and Promise, Declare, Pledge, Vow, Guarantee that you will not use nicotine today.

I am so very proud to call all of you my brothers and sisters and I am so proud to be quit with each and everyone of you today.

I PROMISE I will not use nicotine TODAY!!!

chris2alaska:
 19 Jan 2018, 08:18 #1

Hi all,

I'm Chris. I have been dipping for over 30 years now. Today I pledge to be nicotine free. I'll be back tomorrow to make the same the pledge and the next day, and the next, etc.

I finally figured out how to do Roll but I do not know about the "Spreadsheet of Accountability". Can anyone tell me how that gets updated?

If any of you fellow quitters is in the Anchorage area and want to get together for support and socializing, feel free to contact me.

Feb2020

April 2021

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version