Author Topic: Introducing 2Times  (Read 522 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introducing 2Times
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: shorthorn
Quote from: 2Times
Hey - all as my name indicates - this is my 2nd time in attempts to quit this stuff.  First go round although rough at first - after the initial couple of weeks - it sort of went as expected.
However as the journey got easier -  the relaxation set in - - I figured after 5-6 months of ZERO nicotine  just one wouldn't hurt- - -- HA HA HA HA HA . . .

So nearly a year of quit - turned into back to the norm - -that was 4-5-6 years ago - -so

It's time to do it again- this time will last forever - I'm looking forward to posting roll call everyday - it does help.
2 Times.... Brother we have alot in common... welcome.

My story is much like yours. I took many breaks from dipping that I called attempted quits. In fact, I even was a member of the May 2008 quit class on KTC. Made it thru the hard stuff, and like you I got lax. At 9 months since I stopped, I decided that one dip wouldn't hurt, and here I am 6 yrs later, 22 days into my quit for good.

Lot of good guys on here, with a lot of good advice. Don't hesitate to seek help when you are feeling week.

I got your back May brother.. we will do this.
Welcome 2times. Great decision. I know this May not sound right, but this is important ... Forget about FOREVER. Don't think about your quit lasting forever. That is a long time and it hurts my head to even think about it.

The key to staying quit is focusing on what you can control... That is why we quit ODAAT. That is one day at a time. We control our actions today. We control whether we stuff our face with dip today. And that is why we post ROLL for today only. You will not see any quitter on this site post roll FOREVER. It is actually a life lesson... Live in the moment!

Do whatever you need to stay quit today and don't get ahead of yourself. You can do this bro. Quit with you today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Shorthorn

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »
Quote from: 2Times
Hey - all as my name indicates - this is my 2nd time in attempts to quit this stuff. First go round although rough at first - after the initial couple of weeks - it sort of went as expected.
However as the journey got easier - the relaxation set in - - I figured after 5-6 months of ZERO nicotine just one wouldn't hurt- - -- HA HA HA HA HA . . .

So nearly a year of quit - turned into back to the norm - -that was 4-5-6 years ago - -so

It's time to do it again- this time will last forever - I'm looking forward to posting roll call everyday - it does help.
2 Times.... Brother we have alot in common... welcome.

My story is much like yours. I took many breaks from dipping that I called attempted quits. In fact, I even was a member of the May 2008 quit class on KTC. Made it thru the hard stuff, and like you I got lax. At 9 months since I stopped, I decided that one dip wouldn't hurt, and here I am 6 yrs later, 22 days into my quit for good.

Lot of good guys on here, with a lot of good advice. Don't hesitate to seek help when you are feeling week.

I got your back May brother.. we will do this.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
Check your PM Inbox (1), 2Times
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 03:32:00 AM »
Welcome 2times, great to have you alongside us. Your Project Mayhem quit brothers will keep you honest as you post roll, since that's your commitment to us -- and we make that same commitment to you. If in doubt or the crave seeps in, get in the chat room, hammer the seeds / gum / candy / fake dip, or text / call your KTC contacts. Don't over-complicate this, focus on one day at a time (ODAAT). Quit with you today.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:56:00 PM »
We don't attempt, we quit!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline bigrob5257

• Quitter
  • Interests: school, baseball, hunting, fishing, music, guns, trucks & cars, friends & family
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
2times, some of the best advice I've read on here stated that "you'll never be glad tomorrow that you caved today." i look forward to being nic FREE with you in the may quit group- i quit with you today!
Quit: 1/22/14

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
Lots of us tried and failed in the past; with and without KTC. I stopped for 5 months twice, and both times thought I had this quitting thing down so I could have one more... You know how that works... Do not be as dumb as me. Quit this time. It was harder every time I stopped, but then I found KTC. You will read everything here and live it if you want a guaranteed quit. KTC way works, and if you want it bad enough you can be quit..

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Welcome 2Times !!! Hate you had to go through the hell of quitting only to end up back here. The good news is there is some seriously bad ass quitting going on here. Post roll every Damn day and come quit with us!! Looking forward to seeing you in the May 14 quit group

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats on making a great choice. When you stopped before, did you join KTC? If so, you neeed to answer the big 3 Q's. But it sounds like you were just on your own before...which is probably why you failed.

Regardless, it is GREAT to have you here. Click on the Welcome Center link above and leard how and why we post roll. Then do it...everyday.

One day at a time is all that matters. You can't change the past. What's done is done. And the future isn't here yet. All you can control is the present...today...right now...this five minutes. And if you are determined that no matter what the hell happens you will not put nicotine into your body today, then you can post your name among the badass quitters in your quit group and start living free.

Embrace the suck...withdrawals are the feelilng of healing, brother!!! You take the first step by posting roll, and we've got your back the rest of the way.

Offline 2Times

Introducing 2Times
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
Hey - all as my name indicates - this is my 2nd time in attempts to quit this stuff. First go round although rough at first - after the initial couple of weeks - it sort of went as expected.
However as the journey got easier - the relaxation set in - - I figured after 5-6 months of ZERO nicotine just one wouldn't hurt- - -- HA HA HA HA HA . . .