Author Topic: Hope I’m doing this right  (Read 9837 times)

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: introduction
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: jeeptruck
Quote from: Menace
Diesel, You probably hurt his feelings already, he might need his Mommy reassuring him that he is great, that he is really super. Maybe we can all chip in and get him a participation trophy for his last stoppage........ This guy didn't get it the first time and still doesn't get it now. F%king clueless! He still thinks this is a habit that he controls...........Pointless to waste valuable time on someone who does not have the desire to actually understand his addiction nor the guts put forth the effort to QUIT. Come back when you are serious about quitting!
He's hurt MY feelings by coming in here weak as fuck and shitting on everybody who tried to help him previously.

How about manning the fuck up and show some fight? Nah, instead he's just going to sit back and take it all. If me being "mean" to him chases him away, then like I said previously he really doesn't want it.

Answer the 3 questions, say your sorry, post role and make a true commitment and I will fight side by side with him.

Personally, I don't see it happening.
Agreed, man up and every fighter in this place will back you!
True. im still picking the poop from my hair
He's at least posting role. He needs to answer the 3 questions and give his reasons why he's in it to win it this time.

Should be up to his quit group to get this out of him.

Quit on...
Diesel, I agree with you, his group should hold him accountable and I have admittedly helped push the issue on the roll list. He was in my group last so I figure that gives me some juice as well to see what we can get. Well from his post which I have pasted below, it doesn't seem like much. His answers are contrite and totally self centered, like this place is a joke to him and now that is starting to piss me off. I would fight with anyone here to stay quit, even a caver. Shit we all make mistakes but I am not sure GQG gets it and if he doesn't he is a liability in my mind. Here is his reply to his group that was asking for the answers to the 3 questions:

Y'all are goddamn ridiculous. Shits 8 months old.

1. What happened
- I probably wasn't ready to quit chewing yet. Fell away from site. Continued to chew the past few months.
2. Why
- wasn't ready
- fell away from group
3. What to do differently
-Have already picked up Smokey mountain, stay more active in group when possible, take things one day at a time and if I find that too long I'll do one hour at a time.

Disregard the cigar thing. If this explanation isn't good enough for you don't bother replying or trying to get more out of me because I really don't give a damn. Leave me be to just keep posting roll and being honest with myself.

GQG
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
Quote from: jeeptruck
Diesel, You probably hurt his feelings already, he might need his Mommy reassuring him that he is great, that he is really super. Maybe we can all chip in and get him a participation trophy for his last stoppage........ This guy didn't get it the first time and still doesn't get it now. F%king clueless! He still thinks this is a habit that he controls...........Pointless to waste valuable time on someone who does not have the desire to actually understand his addiction nor the guts put forth the effort to QUIT. Come back when you are serious about quitting!
He's hurt MY feelings by coming in here weak as fuck and shitting on everybody who tried to help him previously.

How about manning the fuck up and show some fight? Nah, instead he's just going to sit back and take it all. If me being "mean" to him chases him away, then like I said previously he really doesn't want it.

Answer the 3 questions, say your sorry, post role and make a true commitment and I will fight side by side with him.

He's at least posting role. He needs to answer the 3 questions and give his reasons why he's in it to win it this time.

Should be up to his quit group to get this out of him.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jeeptruck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »

HOF Date 9/30/2014 in the October Titans group

so what my quit dates in September and im in the Ocotber HOF group? that makes me a SuliTan
"Youll never regret staying quit, youll always regret caving"- Nolaq
"That's like putting a bolt back into a machine without never seizing it.... Your just fucking the next guy. " - Jake_M
"Hipsters don't even know which end of the Hammer to hold" - Bronc

2nd Floor: Jan 8 2015

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
This guy needs to answer the 3 questions so this is going to the top.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »

Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Knockout
Your last post in November:br /br /" Spoken like a true dude that thinks 20 yr olds are morons. I can confidentally say cigars do nothing for me in the way chew does. Came here to quit chew, not occassional cigars, not change who I am or how I socialize. Im not quitting cigars. Plain and simple. Which means continuing to post roll would be useless. Because, again, I was posting to promise not to chew. And around thanksgiving cigars will be smoked reuniting with friends and family"
He didn't get it then and I doubt he gets it now. br /br /He thinks it's a big fucking joke. br /br /A lot of people can go around saying they are going to give up an addiction but very few can pull it off.br /br /I believe the seperation comes when shit gets real. When one realizes, "fuck this sucks, this is really much harder than I thought.". It's at that point where people who truly want it find a way to push through and those who don't surrender and give up.br /br /Doesn't sound to me like he has what it takes to push through.br /br /He sounds like one of those "smartest guys in the room" types who likes to talk but not listen. Very immature and very weak. br /br /Deep down he knows it. Wouldn't be surprised if he fades away, yet again.
I won't invest my time into this guy until he proves he's serious. I hope he is serious and that he understands how the KTC program works.
I hope he does too. I don't wish nic addiction on my worst enemy.br /br /All the help he needs is right here, the playbook has been written.br /br /The ball's in his court. Up to him if he wants to use it. br /br /I'll be here the entire time...
24 hours. Wake up, Give your word by posting roll and keep your word for 24 hours.

What part of that isn't possible for you?

You've gotta want it, though. We can't make you want it, Nor can we give you the right kind of integrity, the kind that makes you keep your promises, no matter what. You have to bring that.

Post roll if you are serious. If you aren't go away and come back when you are. Hopefully it won't be too late like it was for the first 4 pinned to the top

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Your last post in November:

" Spoken like a true dude that thinks 20 yr olds are morons. I can confidentally say cigars do nothing for me in the way chew does. Came here to quit chew, not occassional cigars, not change who I am or how I socialize. Im not quitting cigars. Plain and simple. Which means continuing to post roll would be useless. Because, again, I was posting to promise not to chew. And around thanksgiving cigars will be smoked reuniting with friends and family"
He didn't get it then and I doubt he gets it now.

He thinks it's a big fucking joke.

A lot of people can go around saying they are going to give up an addiction but very few can pull it off.

I believe the seperation comes when shit gets real. When one realizes, "fuck this sucks, this is really much harder than I thought.". It's at that point where people who truly want it find a way to push through and those who don't surrender and give up.

Doesn't sound to me like he has what it takes to push through.

He sounds like one of those "smartest guys in the room" types who likes to talk but not listen. Very immature and very weak.

Deep down he knows it. Wouldn't be surprised if he fades away, yet again.
I won't invest my time into this guy until he proves he's serious. I hope he is serious and that he understands how the KTC program works.
I hope he does too. I don't wish nic addiction on my worst enemy.

All the help he needs is right here, the playbook has been written.

The ball's in his court. Up to him if he wants to use it.

I'll be here the entire time...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 06:53:00 AM »

" Spoken like a true dude that thinks 20 yr olds are morons. I can confidentally say cigars do nothing for me in the way chew does. Came here to quit chew, not occassional cigars, not change who I am or how I socialize. Im not quitting cigars. Plain and simple. Which means continuing to post roll would be useless. Because, again, I was posting to promise not to chew. And around thanksgiving cigars will be smoked reuniting with friends and family"

A lot of people can go around saying they are going to give up an addiction but very few can pull it off.

I believe the seperation comes when shit gets real. When one realizes, "fuck this sucks, this is really much harder than I thought.". It's at that point where people who truly want it find a way to push through and those who don't surrender and give up.

He sounds like one of those "smartest guys in the room" types who likes to talk but not listen. Very immature and very weak.

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 01:03:00 AM »

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 12:34:00 AM »

Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 12:29:00 AM »
Are you ready to stop puffing on the nic dick too? From your previous posts it seems you have a soft spot for cigars and don't fully understand that the vessel doesn't matter here. Better read up be ready to quit ALL NICOTINE before you start making the daily promise. You are not addicted to chew, you are addicted to nicotine.

And you need to post answers to the three questions in both your old group and new group.

1. What happened?

2. Why did it happen?

3. What are you going to do differently this time.
Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline grizzlyquittergreen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-3-2021
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyquittergreen
Hey guys. Day 1 here. Unfortunately not my first day 1. Used to be part of February '14, and failed. I don't know that I was ready to quit yet, so I caved after not too long and continued to chew until, we'll, today. This time I'm quitting strictly for myself and really going to look at things on a day to day basis. Gonna wake up tomorrow and just look ahead to going to bed that night chew free.

I'm in this for the long run. No doubt

GQG
What makes you think you're ready now????. What the fuck happened last time? What are u going to do different?

Looks like you got some solid support last time you "tried" yet you shit all over everybody who attempted to help you.

No apology, no anger, no plan, no nothing except for some empty promise. Why the fuck should anyone reinvest in you?

You're in it for the long haul. No doubt?

Personally, I have some serious ass doubt.

Gotta be honest, you sound like a fucking pussy.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it...
Good to hear. Go buckeyes

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyquittergreen
Hey guys. Day 1 here. Unfortunately not my first day 1. Used to be part of February '14, and failed. I don't know that I was ready to quit yet, so I caved after not too long and continued to chew until, we'll, today. This time I'm quitting strictly for myself and really going to look at things on a day to day basis. Gonna wake up tomorrow and just look ahead to going to bed that night chew free.

I'm in this for the long run. No doubt

GQG
What makes you think you're ready now????. What the fuck happened last time? What are u going to do different?

Looks like you got some solid support last time you "tried" yet you shit all over everybody who attempted to help you.

No apology, no anger, no plan, no nothing except for some empty promise. Why the fuck should anyone reinvest in you?

You're in it for the long haul. No doubt?

Personally, I have some serious ass doubt.

Gotta be honest, you sound like a fucking pussy.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18