Author Topic: Time to Quit  (Read 851 times)

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
Re: Time to Quit
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11:03 PM »
I'm 48 years old and started chewing when I was 12.  I have been alive for 17,520 days and I have chewed for 13,140 of them days, which means I have only been chew free for 4,380 days.  So chewing to me is as natural as taking shit, so it's TIME TO QUIT!!!  They say to avoid triggers, but just being awake is a trigger.  I am on day 17 with No Nicotine and I promise MYSELF to never go back.  For the last week the first thought when I wake is NOT to CHEW, which is so opposite of what my brain normally thinks.  ONE DAY AT A TIME for THE REST OF MY LIFE!!
John, that’s a powerful analysis. I’m in the same boat. I’ve been living live with nicotine in some form since I was 16, that’s 25 years of addiction. What made me come here is the realization that through the best years of my life, I’ve never once experienced it without nicotine. My brain has never experienced the best things in life without the bitch chemical telling me how to feel or what I need to crave. It’s sad really, but no more. 27 days now and counting and the bitch can kiss my ass. PM me if you need digits and help. I’m proud to quit with you today.
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline John22

• Quit Date: 01/15/19
  • Likes Given: 3
Time to Quit
« on: February 01, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »
I'm 48 years old and started chewing when I was 12.  I have been alive for 17,520 days and I have chewed for 13,140 of them days, which means I have only been chew free for 4,380 days.  So chewing to me is as natural as taking shit, so it's TIME TO QUIT!!!  They say to avoid triggers, but just being awake is a trigger.  I am on day 17 with No Nicotine and I promise MYSELF to never go back.  For the last week the first thought when I wake is NOT to CHEW, which is so opposite of what my brain normally thinks.  ONE DAY AT A TIME for THE REST OF MY LIFE!!