Author Topic: Today, It's different  (Read 246 times)

Offline chiefman31

• BANNED
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today, It's different
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »
Quote from: SUBR
Brotha's, i've been riding the nic train for over 20 years.  I've never figured it out, habit, mental or physical addiction?  I started when I was about 17 years old, in Indiana, thought it was cool.  Today, I'm singing a different tune.  I regret that I have to ask for your help.  That is, I know that you will, but I wish that I didn't have to ask.  My commitment is that: I will not make an untrue commitment or statement to you.  I'm not going to be happy about this  'bang head' , and I'm going to try not to be a little biiiaaatch  'boob'  about it. But ultimately:  'Finger' .  I know that I can get through this, thanks.  I'll let you know how it's going tomorrow.
Welcome SUBR,

To answer your first question, I believe that nicotine encompasses all three addictions that you described in your question.

Here are a few answers that will help you with your quit:

1. Physical Dependence - The abuse that you have been given your body/mind is real. Multiple studies have shown that nicotine effects chemicals inside the brain that leads to a sense of well being. Here is the good news, after three days of abstidence from nicotine, most if not all of the nicotine in your body has left your system. The really bad news, is that the shit you are putting into your system greatly increases your chance of getting mouth/oral cancer. What is worth more your health, or a pseudo-high? Take a look!!!!!!!

2. Habit Dependence - Oral fixation is one reason why we continue to dip. Again, the good news is that other more healthy means can be used to combat this oral fixation. Gum, sunflower seeds, water, and other means can be used to break the habit.

3. Mental Dependence - Your brain has received a chemical for years. The pleasure connections that are made in the mind can also be broken. Every day you do not use nicotine, the better chance your brain will settle to a more stable condition.

The best thing about this site, is that we all have experience with dealing with nicotine addiction. Leave pride at the door and ask for help whenever you need it, not only does it help you stay quit but it also makes people with more days solidify their quits. Its a support system, make sure you use it to its full potential. Ask questions, bitch all you want (in this site), it will help you and hopefully keep your loved ones sane.

One thing we take very seriously here is what we call posting roll. This is commitment to yourself and your quit brothers that you will not dip for that day. It will not be easy but with the help of the site it makes quitting much easier.

Welcome aboard and stay quit!!!!!!!

What to Expect

Offline SUBR

• Quitter
  • Interests: 1. Quitting this nasty habit.2. Running3. Barbecue4. Drink
  • Likes Given: 0
Today, It's different
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:49:00 AM »
Brotha's, i've been riding the nic train for over 20 years. I've never figured it out, habit, mental or physical addiction? I started when I was about 17 years old, in Indiana, thought it was cool. Today, I'm singing a different tune. I regret that I have to ask for your help. That is, I know that you will, but I wish that I didn't have to ask. My commitment is that: I will not make an untrue commitment or statement to you. I'm not going to be happy about this 'bang head' , and I'm going to try not to be a little biiiaaatch 'boob' about it. But ultimately: 'Finger' . I know that I can get through this, thanks. I'll let you know how it's going tomorrow.