Author Topic: So far so good...  (Read 246 times)

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So far so good...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Quittingcliver
My name is cliver and i'm 23 years old from southeastern, kentucky.  This is my story.

Okay, I started dipping last year around July, which means that I have been dipping for about 10 months.  I started dipping to help me stop smoking cigarettes, and it did work, but it just replaced the form of cancer I would eventually develop.  I have reached a point in my life where I am tired of needing something to perk me up.  This is all in my head and i am perfectly capable of living my life without the need of something self-destructive.  obviously, I have not dipped that long, not even a year.  I am ready to quit because it costs money and drains my hard-earned money, it produces nasty problems, and the psychological dependence for nicotine is beginning to depress me.

I am looking at quitting as being one of the most positive and productive accomplishments that i could do in my life right now.  I am about to graduate college with a bachelors degree and plan on going to get a masters degree in international relations to try and become a diplomat and improve this country's relations with different parts of the world.  Dipping is something that could cause me problems, it is the only dilemma affecting me at the moment now.  It is a problem that needs to be addressed, along with any other bad thing i may do.  My girlfriend wants me to quit a lot. 

The past three days have not been that difficult.  My biggest problem has been going to sleep.  I have been mentally drained and kind of depressed.  In the middle of the day i tend to crave it the most, but i have been doing different things to take my mind off of it.  So this is my story thus far and i will keep you all updated on things.  Good luck to everybody, it is a good cause!
There was that time I gave up crack rock by starting heroin.......Hmmm, wait, was that an improvement?

You've found the right place, but this has got to be for you and you alone. If you quit for your girlfriend, you will be back on the shit as soon as she pisses you off.

Insomnia is a very common symptom of quitting. Its ends in a few short days, and you will begin getting quality sleep like never before.

Daily roll posting is the key. How and why.

You will be in the July group. Post here.

Congrats on your decision. Welcome.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Quittingcliver

• Likes Given: 0
So far so good...
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
My name is cliver and i'm 23 years old from southeastern, kentucky. This is my story.

Okay, I started dipping last year around July, which means that I have been dipping for about 10 months. I started dipping to help me stop smoking cigarettes, and it did work, but it just replaced the form of cancer I would eventually develop. I have reached a point in my life where I am tired of needing something to perk me up. This is all in my head and i am perfectly capable of living my life without the need of something self-destructive. obviously, I have not dipped that long, not even a year. I am ready to quit because it costs money and drains my hard-earned money, it produces nasty problems, and the psychological dependence for nicotine is beginning to depress me.

I am looking at quitting as being one of the most positive and productive accomplishments that i could do in my life right now. I am about to graduate college with a bachelors degree and plan on going to get a masters degree in international relations to try and become a diplomat and improve this country's relations with different parts of the world. Dipping is something that could cause me problems, it is the only dilemma affecting me at the moment now. It is a problem that needs to be addressed, along with any other bad thing i may do. My girlfriend wants me to quit a lot.

The past three days have not been that difficult. My biggest problem has been going to sleep. I have been mentally drained and kind of depressed. In the middle of the day i tend to crave it the most, but i have been doing different things to take my mind off of it. So this is my story thus far and i will keep you all updated on things. Good luck to everybody, it is a good cause!