Author Topic: The toilet is a fun place  (Read 487 times)

Offline Jbuk44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-10-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The toilet is a fun place
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
poof
JB-My accolades come one day at a time!

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
Semper Fi Brother. ThereÂ’s a lot of us on here. Pass that box of crayons over this way and share a little. I like the purple ones. I started chewing during my first station of duty on Guam in 1990. I was immediately hooked. I stopped a few times over the years too. I didnÂ’t quit until I found this website 23 years later. ThereÂ’s a simple magic to it man. Make that promise, post roll, and quit for just one day then tomorrow you do it again. You can do anything for just one day right?
IÂ’m going to tell you that the single hardest thing for me is also the one that saved me. Share your phone number with guys in your Quit group. Text all the time. Another Marine on here, Sand Fleas Gotta Eat, literally texted me once while I was in the parking lot of a 7-11 fighting a crave. ItÂ’s feels totally gay at first and really weird but get those numbers.
IÂ’m going to pm you mine.
This is a great decision youÂ’ve made. There will be times when it feels like you canÂ’t do it. You can. You only have to do it for one day.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 04:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: Jbuk44
Hello Everyone. JBuk44 here

Today im about 72 hours in to my forever quit. I am a Jarhead, living the civie life. Engineer by trade. And a quitter. 27 years old been chewing on and off the last 13 years.

I struggle the most with opening up to people. I have stopped using in the past only to fail.

The issue I have found for myself atleast is that if you dont quit for you, you will relapse and fail. Im sure others have had different experiences. I quit a few years ago, for about 18 months. I didnt do it for me though but a relationship I was in. When that relationship crumbled so did everything i accomplished. I never wanted to quit then was just pleasing someone else.

The difference is now, I'm doing it for me.

I don't want this thing controlling me anymore. The constant urge and need to have a dip in. The reliance of it being there to ease the stress, the damage its caused to my body. I hit the breaking point and enough is enough.

As painful as today has been, the chest pains, fog, runs to the head, headaches. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and i will succeed in battling this addiction. It sounds strange when i really look at it, but realizing I am weak is what makes me stronger. My weakness is those times im alone. I have a good support system outside this site. But the times im alone and all are sleeping. Im here on KTC, in the past few days alone ive met some great caring people. I will leave my intro at this.

Just know if you are struggling, someone else is battling through something similar to you.

Feel free to send a PM if you want to talk about anything.

JBuk44
(PS all you other service members, im enjoying a box of crayons right now)
'bang head'
I didn't know how hooked I was until I really quit nicotine. The fog was incredible, my mouth went numb, and every day it seemed like it was begging me to go back.

Nicotine is a lie.

I quit at age 49 so you've quit 22 years earlier than I did. Don't ever go back. Post roll here every day to make sure that you don't go back.
Welcome and congrats on 72 hours of quit! I'm seeing a lot of forever and evers here. Forget all that. Quit for today. You can always quit for today. Forever can seem like an impossible goal when you find yourself alone in a dark place with no access or desire for this community.

P.S. - I fucking LOVE Bulldog's post below. And thank you for your service.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 01:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Jbuk44
Hello Everyone. JBuk44 here

Today im about 72 hours in to my forever quit. I am a Jarhead, living the civie life. Engineer by trade. And a quitter. 27 years old been chewing on and off the last 13 years.

I struggle the most with opening up to people. I have stopped using in the past only to fail.

The issue I have found for myself atleast is that if you dont quit for you, you will relapse and fail. Im sure others have had different experiences. I quit a few years ago, for about 18 months. I didnt do it for me though but a relationship I was in. When that relationship crumbled so did everything i accomplished. I never wanted to quit then was just pleasing someone else.

The difference is now, I'm doing it for me.

I don't want this thing controlling me anymore. The constant urge and need to have a dip in. The reliance of it being there to ease the stress, the damage its caused to my body. I hit the breaking point and enough is enough.

As painful as today has been, the chest pains, fog, runs to the head, headaches. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and i will succeed in battling this addiction. It sounds strange when i really look at it, but realizing I am weak is what makes me stronger. My weakness is those times im alone. I have a good support system outside this site. But the times im alone and all are sleeping. Im here on KTC, in the past few days alone ive met some great caring people. I will leave my intro at this.

Just know if you are struggling, someone else is battling through something similar to you.

Feel free to send a PM if you want to talk about anything.

JBuk44
(PS all you other service members, im enjoying a box of crayons right now)
'bang head'
I didn't know how hooked I was until I really quit nicotine. The fog was incredible, my mouth went numb, and every day it seemed like it was begging me to go back.

Nicotine is a lie.

I quit at age 49 so you've quit 22 years earlier than I did. Don't ever go back. Post roll here every day to make sure that you don't go back.

Offline Jbuk44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-10-10
The toilet is a fun place
« on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:00 PM »
poof
JB-My accolades come one day at a time!