Author Topic: Caver, im back  (Read 11884 times)

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Caver, im back
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2021, 01:52:05 PM »
I wanted to make this post regarding my day 4 to give comfort to others that may experience the same things and for me to read later when I get a crave.

I briefly explained what has brought me here after caving in 2018 after 120 days.  Starting in June, I started having terrible panic attacks.  Full blown meltdown in public, rush to the ER panic attacks.  Out of nowhere, or so I thought.  Basically I would get vertigo, and think I was dying, heart palpatations etc.  Once at the ER I would be ok, EKG was good, etc.  I just turned 44.  It is important to understand that I was extremely social, active, and healthy.  This quickly changed after the panic attacks, I am afraid and high anxiety all of the time.  Fearing another attack will happen at any moment, and they do, sometimes 10 in a day.  I went to the doctors, first one said TMJ and anxiety disorder. This confused me because I had never experienced anything like these mental challenges, how does this happen out of the blue? I thought.  Turns out I have an issue in my labyrinth in my ears...partly because of chewing for 20 years.
      So, for 9 weeks, I have been in hell, had an allergic reaction to the steroid prednisone, had terrible reactions to some mental meds including crazy shit like intrusive and suicidal thoughts, etc.
    The whole time, I'm still chewing lmao.  Finally I started researching, and the links between nicotine and anxiety and panic are staggering.  I threw away my stash on Sat night and logged into KTC.
   So yesterday(day 4) I experienced all of these symptoms:
Nausea, flu-like, ear pain, jaw pain(excruciating), body aches, and massive headaches.  It got to a point while I was driving, that I thought I was having a stroke, could barely keep my head up, it scared the shit out of me.  But I also had fleeting intrusive thoughts, crazy town shit.  I had to breathe and work through it, getting home and forcing myself to lay down.  I will tell you, it was top 5 most agonizing 3 hour periods in my life.

I had over 20 texts from fellow quitters, checking on me, encouraging me etc, and I can tell you without a doubt they helped save my quit yesterday when I was in so much agony and the thought of a dip making it all go away crossed my mind.

Day 5 today, posted roll, I will keep my promise today. I quit with all of you today.

Yeah night 2 and night 3 were awful for me. Short of breath, palpitations, waking up feeling like I was suffocating, then these dreamlike thoughts that just brought feelings of indefinite dread. Thankfully every night since has been an improvement and we’re getting healthier everyday. Glad to be quitting with you today

emoney

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-29
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »
I wanted to make this post regarding my day 4 to give comfort to others that may experience the same things and for me to read later when I get a crave.

I briefly explained what has brought me here after caving in 2018 after 120 days.  Starting in June, I started having terrible panic attacks.  Full blown meltdown in public, rush to the ER panic attacks.  Out of nowhere, or so I thought.  Basically I would get vertigo, and think I was dying, heart palpatations etc.  Once at the ER I would be ok, EKG was good, etc.  I just turned 44.  It is important to understand that I was extremely social, active, and healthy.  This quickly changed after the panic attacks, I am afraid and high anxiety all of the time.  Fearing another attack will happen at any moment, and they do, sometimes 10 in a day.  I went to the doctors, first one said TMJ and anxiety disorder. This confused me because I had never experienced anything like these mental challenges, how does this happen out of the blue? I thought.  Turns out I have an issue in my labyrinth in my ears...partly because of chewing for 20 years.
      So, for 9 weeks, I have been in hell, had an allergic reaction to the steroid prednisone, had terrible reactions to some mental meds including crazy shit like intrusive and suicidal thoughts, etc.
    The whole time, I'm still chewing lmao.  Finally I started researching, and the links between nicotine and anxiety and panic are staggering.  I threw away my stash on Sat night and logged into KTC.
   So yesterday(day 4) I experienced all of these symptoms:
Nausea, flu-like, ear pain, jaw pain(excruciating), body aches, and massive headaches.  It got to a point while I was driving, that I thought I was having a stroke, could barely keep my head up, it scared the shit out of me.  But I also had fleeting intrusive thoughts, crazy town shit.  I had to breathe and work through it, getting home and forcing myself to lay down.  I will tell you, it was top 5 most agonizing 3 hour periods in my life.

I had over 20 texts from fellow quitters, checking on me, encouraging me etc, and I can tell you without a doubt they helped save my quit yesterday when I was in so much agony and the thought of a dip making it all go away crossed my mind.

Day 5 today, posted roll, I will keep my promise today. I quit with all of you today.

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2021, 02:46:07 PM »
Day 4, wow.  Anxiety through the fuking roof, jaw and ear pain, dizzy, lost, sick, foggy, faking my way through at work, looking forward to crawling into bed and posting roll tom.  I have texts from guys that are here for me, that got my back, and are absolutely helping me through, thank you all,and I quit today.
You got this man. My digits are always there for the asking. Keep fighting one minute, one hour, one day at a time.
Thank you for the support my friend, and as i promised on roll call this am, I will not fuking put that shit in my body...I know i have brothers in the suck with me, im here my friends holding the line.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2021, 02:27:38 PM »
Day 4, wow.  Anxiety through the fuking roof, jaw and ear pain, dizzy, lost, sick, foggy, faking my way through at work, looking forward to crawling into bed and posting roll tom.  I have texts from guys that are here for me, that got my back, and are absolutely helping me through, thank you all,and I quit today.
You got this man. My digits are always there for the asking. Keep fighting one minute, one hour, one day at a time.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2021, 02:21:27 PM »

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2021, 03:01:42 PM »
I remember you.
And I you, you were integral in my quit in 2018, i let you and a lot of others down when I caved.  I got cocky after 100, lost my way, and the nic bitch waited and pounced.  It will not happen again.  I quit today with all of you.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2021, 01:38:10 PM »
I remember you.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2021, 07:47:28 AM »
I quit for 120 days in july 2018.  I caved.  Divorce and some other things, i was weak.  I have chewed grizzly wintergreen pouches for 10 years, kodiak straight 10 years before that.  In June of this year, i began suffering panic attacks...often.  I have been to a ton of doctors and been diagnosed with everything from TMJ, ear infection, and panic disorder.  I tried some diff meds that really fucked me up mentally.  The whole time I'm chewing....Sun Up to Sun Down.  I started reading and studying, and now believe that the massive inflow of nicotine and other chemicals to my brain has caused my body to have issues at 44.  I quit on Saturday night....cold turkey....again.  I am addicted, and i never want to dip again.  I quit with all of you, again.
Massive dizziness, fog, paranoia, dry mouth are here. Im using life savers as my oral medicine...it worked for me last time.  Look forward to staying strong with you again.

Haas you are the man. Glad you’re back. I’m also a previous caver and you’re in my group. We’re in this together. Start doing some light cardio and weights immediately it will help with the anxiety and you’ll feel great. I quit with you today

You remind me of me. I quit with you today.
Water, Exercise, and TeaZa fake pouches exceled me to my HOF day. stick to the course no matter the challenges that rage around you. Its worth everything!
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2021, 12:33:34 AM »
Thank you for your words gentlemen, it's gonna be a tough battle next 15 days
we focus one day at a time here. I don’t know what is special about 15 days but we can only control our quit TODAY. let tomorrow take care of itself.

Post roll. Keep your promise for the next 24 hours. Rinse and repeat.

I had to make it through day 2 to get to day 3.  I had to make it through day 3 to get to day 4.  Quitting is a struggle that needs to be tackled every day.  I quit with you today!

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2021, 12:14:55 AM »
we focus one day at a time here. I don’t know what is special about 15 days but we can only control our quit TODAY. let tomorrow take care of itself.

Post roll. Keep your promise for the next 24 hours. Rinse and repeat.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2021, 08:48:06 PM »

Why are worried about the next 15 days?

You quit now?  Can you stay quit the rest of the day?

We can worry about tomorrow when it comes.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2021, 08:14:42 PM »

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2021, 04:21:00 PM »
I quit for 120 days in july 2018.  I caved.  Divorce and some other things, i was weak.  I have chewed grizzly wintergreen pouches for 10 years, kodiak straight 10 years before that.  In June of this year, i began suffering panic attacks...often.  I have been to a ton of doctors and been diagnosed with everything from TMJ, ear infection, and panic disorder.  I tried some diff meds that really fucked me up mentally.  The whole time I'm chewing....Sun Up to Sun Down.  I started reading and studying, and now believe that the massive inflow of nicotine and other chemicals to my brain has caused my body to have issues at 44.  I quit on Saturday night....cold turkey....again.  I am addicted, and i never want to dip again.  I quit with all of you, again.
Massive dizziness, fog, paranoia, dry mouth are here. Im using life savers as my oral medicine...it worked for me last time.  Look forward to staying strong with you again.

Haas you are the man. Glad you’re back. I’m also a previous caver and you’re in my group. We’re in this together. Start doing some light cardio and weights immediately it will help with the anxiety and you’ll feel great. I quit with you today

You remind me of me. I quit with you today.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2021, 04:13:26 PM »

Offline Haas22

• Quitter
Caver, im back
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2021, 04:09:45 PM »