Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 15456 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Every day quit is a win. A big one. But milestones seem particularly sweet! Congratulations on 900 days today. You are a mentor to many of us.

Celebrate freedom today!
Congratulations on 900 consecutive good choices. You have been a great quitter to follow in the trail and your words are always inspiring.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #526 on: June 22, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »
Every day quit is a win. A big one. But milestones seem particularly sweet! Congratulations on 900 days today. You are a mentor to many of us.

Celebrate freedom today!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #525 on: May 03, 2015, 06:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quitting nicotine has been an amazing experience. I found this site 848 days ago. In that time I have found a way to conduct my life without nicotine. The first few months were hard but it was so worth it. I have met some amazing people along the way. From all different walks of life we came to know each other. We shared a common desire and a common goal. We were seeking freedom from an addiction. With the help of this site and the help of each other we have found that freedom.

I am typing this update to my intro 100s of miles from home as I visit 4 friends from my quit group. That may seem strange to some. It still seems strange to me. But I don't care.

QLF from KC
We quit nicotine. But we gained a lot more.

See you in Vegas in 2016!

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #524 on: May 01, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
Quitting nicotine has been an amazing experience. I found this site 848 days ago. In that time I have found a way to conduct my life without nicotine. The first few months were hard but it was so worth it. I have met some amazing people along the way. From all different walks of life we came to know each other. We shared a common desire and a common goal. We were seeking freedom from an addiction. With the help of this site and the help of each other we have found that freedom.

I am typing this update to my intro 100s of miles from home as I visit 4 friends from my quit group. That may seem strange to some. It still seems strange to me. But I don't care.

QLF from KC

Offline Nickald

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Welding, tinkering with old farm equipment
« Reply #523 on: April 14, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Pinched
Happy 40th!
Happy Birthday brother!
Happy Birthday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!?

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #522 on: April 14, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »
Happy 40th!
Happy Birthday brother!
Happy Birthday!!!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #521 on: April 14, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »
Happy 40th!
Happy Birthday brother!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #520 on: April 14, 2015, 04:26:00 AM »
Happy 40th!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
800 days of freedom! Seems unreal doesn't it?

Lately I've been reading through the intros more of some struggles new quitters are facing. No one better journaled their fight against nicotine than you did. In the beginning it was a fight that seemed hopeless, impossible. But it isn't.

Thanks for being a very key part of the success of our April 2013 group, and of my own success. We can't quit alone and be successful. With the right group, the right brotherhood, and the right accountability... You will not fail. You are proof that this works.
Huge congrats on the 8th floor! Great work.
Thanks guys. I almost missed this. I am hardly ever on the intros anymore. I need to make it a point to get back here. The view is great from the 8th floor but I NEVER want to forget what life was like at ground level. Never forget day one. For years I was a hopeless slave. Mouth full of shit, grobbling idiot. I will quit when this happens, I will quit after that happens, I will quit next week, blah, blah, blah, blah.

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY is the only day that matters. If you are still dipping, STOP. You can quit. We can help.
With ya today, man.

That's all we got.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »

Lately I've been reading through the intros more of some struggles new quitters are facing. No one better journaled their fight against nicotine than you did. In the beginning it was a fight that seemed hopeless, impossible. But it isn't.

Thanks for being a very key part of the success of our April 2013 group, and of my own success. We can't quit alone and be successful. With the right group, the right brotherhood, and the right accountability... You will not fail. You are proof that this works.
Thanks guys. I almost missed this. I am hardly ever on the intros anymore. I need to make it a point to get back here. The view is great from the 8th floor but I NEVER want to forget what life was like at ground level. Never forget day one. For years I was a hopeless slave. Mouth full of shit, grobbling idiot. I will quit when this happens, I will quit after that happens, I will quit next week, blah, blah, blah, blah.

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY

TODAY is the only day that matters. If you are still dipping, STOP. You can quit. We can help.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2015, 07:03:00 AM »

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #515 on: January 05, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: mich
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: MN_Ben
Nicotine free for 2 years. Yeah baby. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself. I did it. I actually did it.

It did get easier, just like the vets said it would. In the beginning I wished that quitting was easier and that life would get back to normal faster.

Normal? What the hell is that? As a dipper there was no normal. I was either satisfied or withdrawing. Life revolved around my damn blood nicotine levels. Everything is different now.

Now in hindsight, I am glad that it was this difficult. I needed the pain. If it was easy I would be in danger of caving again, under the pretense that I could just quit again anytime I wanted to. Someone once said, "without struggle there is no progress". I tend to agree.

I truly believe that the stars were aligned for me on that fateful day. I discovered this amazing website. I met some amazing people. Many of them had the exact words I needed to hear at the exact time I needed to hear them. My wife was supportive and patient. My attitude was finally right. I was ready for the help and support that I never knew I needed. I realize that these perfect circumstances were nothing short of a miracle. I am grateful.

If you are thinking about quitting, DO IT AND DO IT NOW. You must seize the moment. The desire to quit can be fleeting. DO IT NOW. That desire may not return again until it is too late. The stars are aligned today. Tomorrow may never come and when it does you may be too damn busy to quit, or too damn busy to care.

A great quitter once told me, "never forget day one". I never will.
Congrats on two years!!! And well said!!!!

'clap'
People like you are what this site is all about. You have built a team and hold them, and expect them to hold you, accountable. You are on roll call every day. You support others. I don't think I would be here today were it not for you holding me accountable in those early days 2 years ago.

You have struggled. Fought hard. And won every day for 2 solid years. Congratulations Ryan. Enjoy a great day of freedom!
I love reading your posts IG2H. Huge congrats on two years free!
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. It feels good to win. I am told that the 2 year mark is actually quite special. According to the actuaries after 2 years, statistically I am no more likely to use nicotine use than someone who has never used.

That said, I really don't take great comfort in statistics. Who cares about the masses? When it comes to me and my quit, I will still guard it with my life and treat it like the treasure that it is. For I know what addiction is now. There is no "just one". All the quit in the world can be thrown about in a millisecond. I must keep the tools sharp. I know I still need them.
2 years, huge. congrats on another milestone
Quit with you!! Congrats
Nice job Ryan, congrats!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #514 on: January 04, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »
Quote from: mich
Nicotine free for 2 years. Yeah baby. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself. I did it. I actually did it.

It did get easier, just like the vets said it would. In the beginning I wished that quitting was easier and that life would get back to normal faster.

Normal? What the hell is that? As a dipper there was no normal. I was either satisfied or withdrawing. Life revolved around my damn blood nicotine levels. Everything is different now.

Now in hindsight, I am glad that it was this difficult. I needed the pain. If it was easy I would be in danger of caving again, under the pretense that I could just quit again anytime I wanted to. Someone once said, "without struggle there is no progress". I tend to agree.

I truly believe that the stars were aligned for me on that fateful day. I discovered this amazing website. I met some amazing people. Many of them had the exact words I needed to hear at the exact time I needed to hear them. My wife was supportive and patient. My attitude was finally right. I was ready for the help and support that I never knew I needed. I realize that these perfect circumstances were nothing short of a miracle. I am grateful.

If you are thinking about quitting, DO IT AND DO IT NOW. You must seize the moment. The desire to quit can be fleeting. DO IT NOW. That desire may not return again until it is too late. The stars are aligned today. Tomorrow may never come and when it does you may be too damn busy to quit, or too damn busy to care.

'clap'
People like you are what this site is all about. You have built a team and hold them, and expect them to hold you, accountable. You are on roll call every day. You support others. I don't think I would be here today were it not for you holding me accountable in those early days 2 years ago.

You have struggled. Fought hard. And won every day for 2 solid years. Congratulations Ryan. Enjoy a great day of freedom!
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen. It feels good to win. I am told that the 2 year mark is actually quite special. According to the actuaries after 2 years, statistically I am no more likely to use nicotine use than someone who has never used.

That said, I really don't take great comfort in statistics. Who cares about the masses? When it comes to me and my quit, I will still guard it with my life and treat it like the treasure that it is. For I know what addiction is now. There is no "just one". All the quit in the world can be thrown about in a millisecond. I must keep the tools sharp. I know I still need them.
Quit with you!! Congrats
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #513 on: January 04, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »

'clap'

my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15