Author Topic: New here  (Read 5083 times)

Offline hope

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New here
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Dave1903
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: 30isEnuff
I am an addict of poison. For a long time I purposely ingested poison and am lucky to be alive.
Since the start of my Quit journey I have seen good people die that ingested the poison.
I am not perfect, but I am perfectly human. Which is why I need the brotherhood and tools of KTC everyday this I wake.
I allowed the poison to steal from my life and those around me. I choose not to focus on the theft, but on what my new life consists of.
The fight in the beginning is pure torture (was for me). I mean there were valleys like a motherfucker. Doubt, temptation and always the KTC way to set my mind to being strong again. Thanks brothers!
My first year I used sugarless products. That stuff messed with my stomach something fierce. Sorbitol, malitol and the other tol's. Bad stuff for me anyway. I have finally gotten down to just a toothpick or 4 per day. As long as I ain't putting no poison in my mouth...I am happy. Getting off the gum and the candies is nice too.
I love the brothers and sisters of KTC. To me, You are all angels of healing.
Post roll
Keep your word
wake and repeat and you will see more clearly, stand taller, think better and be able to accept what your life really is suppose to be.
Cheers Brothers!
Exactly right, nice job!
Speaking of toothpicks. I plow through a 35 count pack of Preserve mint tea tree about every 3 days. The floorboard of my car looks like someone has been playing pick up sticks. I'd eat the damn things if it kept me quit.
Use whatever you have to quit this nic bitch just don't use any of that poison shit keep on quiting.
Thanks for posting. Nice job!

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
I am an addict of poison. For a long time I purposely ingested poison and am lucky to be alive.
Since the start of my Quit journey I have seen good people die that ingested the poison.
I am not perfect, but I am perfectly human. Which is why I need the brotherhood and tools of KTC everyday this I wake.
I allowed the poison to steal from my life and those around me. I choose not to focus on the theft, but on what my new life consists of.
The fight in the beginning is pure torture (was for me). I mean there were valleys like a motherfucker. Doubt, temptation and always the KTC way to set my mind to being strong again. Thanks brothers!
My first year I used sugarless products. That stuff messed with my stomach something fierce. Sorbitol, malitol and the other tol's. Bad stuff for me anyway. I have finally gotten down to just a toothpick or 4 per day. As long as I ain't putting no poison in my mouth...I am happy. Getting off the gum and the candies is nice too.
Post roll
Keep your word
wake and repeat and you will see more clearly, stand taller, think better and be able to accept what your life really is suppose to be.
Cheers Brothers!
Exactly right, nice job!
Speaking of toothpicks. I plow through a 35 count pack of Preserve mint tea tree about every 3 days. The floorboard of my car looks like someone has been playing pick up sticks. I'd eat the damn things if it kept me quit.
Use whatever you have to quit this nic bitch just don't use any of that poison shit keep on quiting.
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
Post roll
Keep your word
Cheers Brothers!
Exactly right, nice job!
Make Your Decision

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Post roll
Keep your word
Cheers Brothers!
Exactly right, nice job!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Post roll
Keep your word
Cheers Brothers!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Congrats on 5th floor. You have certainly earned it not only through your own quit but your continuous support of other quitters too.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Congrats on the 5th floor. Truly bad ass. I'm packing up my boxes and look forward to joining you soon.

Well done!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Right on! Congrats on 508 days!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
It has been the best year of my life! The men/quitters here helped me find this person suffocating underneath a greasy smelly nicotine laden shell of a human. Yeah me.
Everyday I discover something new about myself or the world I am in, that I didn't even notice while I was full of poison.
I see a lot of things more clearly for the first time. Life is good.
I post roll every damn day because I am quit and I love life more than death.
The poison called nicotine is nothing more than a life robber and slow suicide drug. It will make you someone you are not. It is a narcotic. It is pure poison. Do you drink Liquid Drano for breakfast? Of course not.
If you're thinking of quitting, do it now. Flush it all! Find a mirror, meet the addict. Scream I am Quit! Post roll, make it to bed. Wake and repeat.
One never knows which bit of poison is the one that starts the cancer.
If you're quit, protect your quit with all your might. There is nothing more important than your quit.
There is no good reason to 'not' post roll. If you can't post roll, then you're not serious enuff!
You gotta really want to 'be quit' to be quit for today. You can quit for a day...right?
Posting roll is the conerstone of being quit. Just do it and do it early in the a.m. and your days will stack up quickly. Your life will have more meaning and make more sense. You'll find more happiness than you ever knew.
Come on in, the water is fine and the koolaid is sweet.
It is friday. Stay sober and quit! Need a reason to protect your quit?

As posted by CoachDoc. 01.08.13 and shared by Loot...

So, no real reason to post it anywhere else, but thought I would place it here simply because it is in my head...and ears...

Right now I am sitting at my desk in my office typing this. Although I have seen all sorts of stuff after spending 15 years as a combat medic and ER nurse, I've spent the past 2 years running a surgical program. I've gotten away from the "action," so to speak. That's why I think it hit me pretty hard about an hour ago when, while sitting at my desk, I began hearing loud moaning and near sobbing coming from a patient room a little down and across the hall from my office. It continued beginning to sound almost like a hound dog continuing to whimper and howl. I opened my door and looked out to see none of the staff nurses so I headed down to see if there was anything I could do.

Entering the room, it was dark, but I could still see the very thin figure of a man, slowly writhing from side to side and continuing to moan in anguish, his brow furrowed in what I assumed to be pain. Before I could ask him if I could do anything for him, his nurse came in. She asked me if I needed any help and I said I had come down to check on him since I heard him. She told me that he is rather unaware of his surrounding due to dementia related to his cancer. She went on to tell me how his cancer had started in his tongue and jaw and had quickly spread to his brain and at this point he was only receiving comfort care to try to make his final days more comfortable. He continued to moan loudly as she began administering dilaudid (10x more potent than morphine) through his IV. On my way back to my office I couldn't help but wonder if his tongue cancer began from chewing or smoking. I couldn't help but wonder if that could have been me one day.

I couldn't help but to be thankful that I found KTC and the support of all my brothers here.

As I get ready to post this, he is now quiet. I assume the medications are working for now. I hope he finds some comfort and peace. I wish he would have found KTC like we did.
Day 508. I am quit the KTC way.
Post roll, keep your word, wake and repeat!
Any other way and you're asking for trouble.
Never, ever forget Day 1 and the reason(s) you CHOSE to join this band of quitters and their way of quitting!
If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it!
If you can't post roll and keep your word for Today then maybe you could go some where else.
I was a hard core dipper for 30 years. I think of my addiction every damn day. It is the most important activity of my day (posting roll) and I am a very busy person. I work a lot.
When I can, I share with perfect strangers about my daily victory over my addiction and how we do it at KTC. This happened yesterday at Sports Authority. The dude was very receptive. ( I live in a small town, people still talk to strangers). Seed planted. Website and digits given.
One foot in front of the other, take it off the table just for Today, Never again for any reason, ODAAT, Post roll, keep your word, wake and repeat and before you know it your daze will stack up nicely and your life will transform into what YOUR life is SUPPOSE to be instead of the nic soaked dumbass we were.
Don't think you know all, don't tempt the nic bitch by NOT posting ROLL!
Post roll, keep your word, wake and repeat!
I'm 508 days quit -vs- 131,400 days being a dumbass. I Love my 508 and so do those who know and love me. I don't do the past, the future isn't real yet, Today is a Gift that's why it's called the Present!
Do it the KTC way brothers, change your attitude change your life!
Cheers.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
It has been the best year of my life! The men/quitters here helped me find this person suffocating underneath a greasy smelly nicotine laden shell of a human. Yeah me.
Everyday I discover something new about myself or the world I am in, that I didn't even notice while I was full of poison.
The poison called nicotine is nothing more than a life robber and slow suicide drug. It will make you someone you are not. It is a narcotic. It is pure poison. Do you drink Liquid Drano for breakfast? Of course not.
If you're thinking of quitting, do it now. Flush it all! Find a mirror, meet the addict. Scream I am Quit! Post roll, make it to bed. Wake and repeat.
If you're quit, protect your quit with all your might. There is nothing more important than your quit.
There is no good reason to 'not' post roll. If you can't post roll, then you're not serious enuff!
You gotta really want to 'be quit' to be quit for today. You can quit for a day...right?
Posting roll is the conerstone of being quit. Just do it and do it early in the a.m. and your days will stack up quickly. Your life will have more meaning and make more sense. You'll find more happiness than you ever knew.
It is friday. Stay sober and quit! Need a reason to protect your quit?

As posted by CoachDoc. 01.08.13 and shared by Loot...

So, no real reason to post it anywhere else, but thought I would place it here simply because it is in my head...and ears...

Right now I am sitting at my desk in my office typing this. Although I have seen all sorts of stuff after spending 15 years as a combat medic and ER nurse, I've spent the past 2 years running a surgical program. I've gotten away from the "action," so to speak. That's why I think it hit me pretty hard about an hour ago when, while sitting at my desk, I began hearing loud moaning and near sobbing coming from a patient room a little down and across the hall from my office. It continued beginning to sound almost like a hound dog continuing to whimper and howl. I opened my door and looked out to see none of the staff nurses so I headed down to see if there was anything I could do.

Entering the room, it was dark, but I could still see the very thin figure of a man, slowly writhing from side to side and continuing to moan in anguish, his brow furrowed in what I assumed to be pain. Before I could ask him if I could do anything for him, his nurse came in. She asked me if I needed any help and I said I had come down to check on him since I heard him. She told me that he is rather unaware of his surrounding due to dementia related to his cancer. She went on to tell me how his cancer had started in his tongue and jaw and had quickly spread to his brain and at this point he was only receiving comfort care to try to make his final days more comfortable. He continued to moan loudly as she began administering dilaudid (10x more potent than morphine) through his IV. On my way back to my office I couldn't help but wonder if his tongue cancer began from chewing or smoking. I couldn't help but wonder if that could have been me one day.

I couldn't help but to be thankful that I found KTC and the support of all my brothers here.

As I get ready to post this, he is now quiet. I assume the medications are working for now. I hope he finds some comfort and peace. I wish he would have found KTC like we did.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Quote from: jaginvest
Day 383
How hard is it to quit? People ask me this weekly.
I am not a scientist or a doctor. I am a nicotine addict that is quit and re-wiring like an IBM super computer on steriods!  'bang head'
It was fucking very difficult in the first 180 days or was it the first 280 days? I didn't bother to keep any type of journal...I really didn't think I could be quit at first.  'Crazy'  Now I know better.  :)
It was difficult and worth going through the pain. I'll never forget all the lies and bullshit addict voices I heard. Those nic nightmares. Each passing day those voices and nightmares faded like a bad dreams.
Today is real life. I don't hear the addict voices. I don't like the smell of cig smoke. I cringe when I see someone inhale on a cig. I get angry when I think of the whole structure of growing nicotine and the delivery of it to human veins.
It makes me think of my Mom who died with small cell carcinoma...3rd stage when they diagnosed her. Powerful fucking poison this nicotine is.
More powerful yet, is a quitters ability to "choose" to 'be quit' every a.m. the earlier the better for me.  'bang head'
I cherish my quit life so much. When my wife says things like, "you really surprised my when you remembered what Michelle said last week." I remember when I was a nicotine soaked dumbass and couldn't remember for shit while pouring the poison in my mouth every waking moment. Life is real today brothers. My life is much more fulfilling and enjoyable.  'boob'
No regrets here. I can't do a damn thing about the abuse I put my body through with the poison.  'Finger'
But, it is super fucking great to be quit every a.m. and really taste food and smell the morning air.
To be able to think and solve problems like the person I know I am. Instead of the dopy "everything is great" smelly dipper I used to be.  'arse'
What waits for you in your quit journey? Who knew that you could do this or that?
Without the poison, I promise you that you'll discover hidden talents, drives, ablities of all kinds. Relationships will become stronger. Priorities will prioritize themselves. Work will be easier. Thinking more fluid and in depth.
Afterall, we were NOT born with the POISON in our mouths. We were born free, not slaves to a poison!
Cheers.  'bang head'
Where is the "FUCKING BRAVO" button when you need it?
Nicely put, 30. THIS is real life. I sometimes hear the lies but the big difference is that NOW I know it's all lies. My marriage is better with me dipping? Lie. I can't go fishing, camping, or mow the lawn without a dip? Lie. I can't drive to work or any significant distance without a dip? Lie. My morning coffee TASTES BETTER with a dip in? You kidding me? Lying bitch. All those ring true dont they? I found out the truth and so did 30 - not only can you do those things without dip, but they are ALL better without one. I know, sounds stupid, sounds crazy. But it's true, thousands if us here will tell you that. Proud to be quit with you 30!

Offline jaginvest

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
Day 383
I am not a scientist or a doctor. I am a nicotine addict that is quit and re-wiring like an IBM super computer on steriods! 'bang head'
It was fucking very difficult in the first 180 days or was it the first 280 days? I didn't bother to keep any type of journal...I really didn't think I could be quit at first. 'Crazy' Now I know better. :)
It was difficult and worth going through the pain. I'll never forget all the lies and bullshit addict voices I heard. Those nic nightmares. Each passing day those voices and nightmares faded like a bad dreams.
Today is real life. I don't hear the addict voices. I don't like the smell of cig smoke. I cringe when I see someone inhale on a cig. I get angry when I think of the whole structure of growing nicotine and the delivery of it to human veins.
It makes me think of my Mom who died with small cell carcinoma...3rd stage when they diagnosed her. Powerful fucking poison this nicotine is.
More powerful yet, is a quitters ability to "choose" to 'be quit' every a.m. the earlier the better for me. 'bang head'
I cherish my quit life so much. When my wife says things like, "you really surprised my when you remembered what Michelle said last week." I remember when I was a nicotine soaked dumbass and couldn't remember for shit while pouring the poison in my mouth every waking moment. Life is real today brothers. My life is much more fulfilling and enjoyable. 'boob'
No regrets here. I can't do a damn thing about the abuse I put my body through with the poison. 'Finger'
But, it is super fucking great to be quit every a.m. and really taste food and smell the morning air.
To be able to think and solve problems like the person I know I am. Instead of the dopy "everything is great" smelly dipper I used to be. 'arse'
What waits for you in your quit journey? Who knew that you could do this or that?
Without the poison, I promise you that you'll discover hidden talents, drives, ablities of all kinds. Relationships will become stronger. Priorities will prioritize themselves. Work will be easier. Thinking more fluid and in depth.
Afterall, we were NOT born with the POISON in our mouths. We were born free, not slaves to a poison!
Cheers. 'bang head'
Where is the "FUCKING BRAVO" button when you need it?
Quit Date: 06/26/2012 3rd Floor: 04/21/2013
HOF Date: 10/03/2012 4th Floor: 07/30/2013
2nd Floor: 01/11/2013 5th Floor: 11/07/2013
6th Floor: 02/15/2014 7th Floor: 05/26/2014
8th Floor: 09/03/2014 9th Floor: 12/12/2014
10th Floor: 03/22/2015

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Day 383
I am not a scientist or a doctor. I am a nicotine addict that is quit and re-wiring like an IBM super computer on steriods! 'bang head'
It was fucking very difficult in the first 180 days or was it the first 280 days? I didn't bother to keep any type of journal...I really didn't think I could be quit at first. 'Crazy' Now I know better. :)
More powerful yet, is a quitters ability to "choose" to 'be quit' every a.m. the earlier the better for me. 'bang head'
I cherish my quit life so much. When my wife says things like, "you really surprised my when you remembered what Michelle said last week." I remember when I was a nicotine soaked dumbass and couldn't remember for shit while pouring the poison in my mouth every waking moment. Life is real today brothers. My life is much more fulfilling and enjoyable. 'boob'
No regrets here. I can't do a damn thing about the abuse I put my body through with the poison. 'Finger'
To be able to think and solve problems like the person I know I am. Instead of the dopy "everything is great" smelly dipper I used to be. 'arse'
Cheers. 'bang head'

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: jayd41
Today is my Dad's birthday but he is not here to celebrate. You see, he loved nicotine more than life, family, health, vacations, success and himself. Even after having 3 heart surgeries and countless heart attacks he still chose to put the poison in his body. No matter who talked to him about it, he still thought he was the special butterfly and that there is nothing wrong with nicotine. So, he suffered dearly the last 5 years of his nicotine filled life. Lots of pain and screaming that was directly attributed to his lifelong addiction. There is nothing good or glamorous about nicotine. I choose today to be quit. I will not dip today. I quit with Sept '12 every a.m. because in the daylight I know better.  Cheers brothers and protect your quit at all costs.
Dad, you coulda quit ya know? I miss you.
I have a feeling that post will end up in the words of wisdom section of this site...great post and sorry for your loss.
Thanks for sharing a part of your life... Its thoughts like these that I get up everyday and post roll I give my promise to myself and the people who hold me accountable that I will not use.
Sorry for your loss
Which of the following poisons is the most deadly?

1. Arsenic

2. Strychnine

3. Nicotine

If you guessed # 3, you are correct. The lethal dosage for a 150 pound adult is 60 mg.
The lethal dosage for # 2 is 75 mg and the lethal dosage for # 1 is 200 mg. In other words, nicotine is three times as toxic as arsenic and one and one half times as toxic as strychnine.

Is caving still an option? 'Crazy'
Very powerful message. Thanks for sharing!
Wow! To powerful to even comment on. I don't know what to say.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.