Author Topic: New here  (Read 5081 times)

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: New here
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 06:09:00 AM »
Update: I am now day 10 quit. Wow! When I began I really didn't know if it was possible.
Now I know: I need my quit brothers, I need to quit everyday, I have to share with others, posting roll is the only thing I think about when I wake each day.

My body is rejoicing. A bunch of aches and pains I have had for a long time have disappeared. My mind is so sharp that I can now keep up with my wife in conversation and actually make her laugh with witty jokes.
I see things totally different and more clear. My energy level is astounding. We now walk twice a day instead of once.
I suffer from insomnia, but it doesn't matter because my energy level is like it was when I was 18. I don't fully understand what is happening but my wife and I love it.
My stress level and troubleshooting attitude at work is 1000% better.
If this is a prelude to what "taking my life back" is, I am very excited and so very glad that KTC exists.
I am proud to be Quit with all of September and all of my quit brothers here at KTC!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
This summer would have been 30 years of dipping. I have been wanting to quit for years. It's just so embarrasing having this nasty habit. At my age I worry like hell about the bad shit that comes down the road or just over the hill. Cancer! Scared shitless I am. I am also quit.
Yeah, I just flushed the last of it, brushed my teeth. Crying like a fucking baby!!! Fucking shit sucks. date: 8:36a.m. May 25, 2012!
I can't blame a soul for how or why I ever started. It was all my decision. Like right now it my decision to quit. I started 29yrs 10mos ago on Skoal fine cut wintergreen. Shoot, I can't remember when but I then went to Copenhagen. After years of this 2 can a day dipping, I looked around and found what I thought to be a less addictive brand. It's just another of the lies the nic bitch uses and I believed.
I tried to quit years ago with the "famous" patch. What a joke. Now I know why it didn't work for me. I simply traded a big nic bitch for a little nic bitch. I have finally realized that I am a nicotine addict and will be for the rest of my days on this earth. I cannot have any nicotine. I am quit.
These great people here at KTC were a big part in making my decision to get my life back.
What is life without dipping? I don't have a clue because I cannot remember what it felt like to "not dip". 30 years on this crap and it had become normal for me. I have heard about "getting your life back", I am interested in this.
I am glad this website exists and I aim to be a part of it.
Awesome to see your day 2 post!!

Remember this everytime you think that a dip will make you feel better. The reason you feel bad is BECAUSE of the dip. You don't believe it now but you will.

366 days ago I was sitting in your shoes. I honestly thought the guys on this site were lying to me. They surely all still felt like shit and they got some sick pleasure from getting other people to feel shitty too. Just a sample of 1001 lies the nic bitch will tell you

Remember this mantra today. If I can't do this today....why should I believe I will ever be able to do it. The answer is you won't so you damn well better do it today!!!!!
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
This summer would have been 30 years of dipping. I have been wanting to quit for years. It's just so embarrasing having this nasty habit. At my age I worry like hell about the bad shit that comes down the road or just over the hill. Cancer! Scared shitless I am. I am also quit.
Yeah, I just flushed the last of it, brushed my teeth. Crying like a fucking baby!!! Fucking shit sucks. date: 8:36a.m. May 25, 2012!
I can't blame a soul for how or why I ever started. It was all my decision. Like right now it my decision to quit. I started 29yrs 10mos ago on Skoal fine cut wintergreen. Shoot, I can't remember when but I then went to Copenhagen. After years of this 2 can a day dipping, I looked around and found what I thought to be a less addictive brand. It's just another of the lies the nic bitch uses and I believed.
I tried to quit years ago with the "famous" patch. What a joke. Now I know why it didn't work for me. I simply traded a big nic bitch for a little nic bitch. I have finally realized that I am a nicotine addict and will be for the rest of my days on this earth. I cannot have any nicotine. I am quit.
These great people here at KTC were a big part in making my decision to get my life back.
What is life without dipping? I don't have a clue because I cannot remember what it felt like to "not dip". 30 years on this crap and it had become normal for me. I have heard about "getting your life back", I am interested in this.
I like the attitude. I hope it hurts like hell for you. I can relate to your experience. The reason why I hope it hurts is I want you to grow to hate anything that has to do with tobacco!

We can help you through it but embrace the suck. After you detox, you will be ready for the war ahead.

Stay close to the site. Check your inbox, you have my number. Post roll every day, keep your promise, repeat and very soon you will walk out of hell and be free!

Welcome to hell, you're going to love it! 'na na'
Welcome, man! I posted support for you today, you have a ton of supporters here. I love your attitude, and mthomas nailed it. The more you hurt, the more truth you are about to see. You just have to focus on today, you can do anything for one day. PM me if you want a number, I'll drop everything to help a brother. I too, hate nicotine with every fiber of my body. I will drop everything. Get involved and don't stray far from the site this weekend. Again welcome!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
I like the attitude. I hope it hurts like hell for you. I can relate to your experience. The reason why I hope it hurts is I want you to grow to hate anything that has to do with tobacco!

We can help you through it but embrace the suck. After you detox, you will be ready for the war ahead.

Stay close to the site. Check your inbox, you have my number. Post roll every day, keep your promise, repeat and very soon you will walk out of hell and be free!

Welcome to hell, you're going to love it! 'na na'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline carumba10

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Agree with Mike. Lay off the booze.

Give em hell !
Quit Date: March 23 2012

I am Quit today. Tomorrow ?
Not impressed with rants from the 'Do As I Say Not As I Do' crowd.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Quitting before a 3 day weekend...you sir are one bad ass quitter. Weekends are huge quit killers and you are jumping right in head first.
You need to post roll call 1st thing each morning. You need to get a few numbers of guys to text or call. you do this and you will come out of this long tough weekend 100% quit.

Also, lay off the booze and stay away from dipping buddies.

Glad to be quit with you.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
What they said 2X. It was 55 days ago that I sat by the toilet and cried like a baby and flushed my last 3 cans. Remember 1 day at a time! check your inbox my # is there
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
You are in the right spot brother!

Be sure to read everything in the welcome center and the read some more, knowledge is power!

Post roll in the September group and make sure to post everyday!

Posting roll is your promise to everyone here that you will not use nicotene today, it is a promise we take very seriously.

We also quit one day at a time here so quit with us for today and tomorrow is another day!

I would recomend reading as much information as possible here and you will also see where we trade phone numbers, the more you have the better.

PM me if you need some numbers bro!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church & Bowling
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Great decision. Glad to hear someone else has decided to take back their freedom. To quit here is simple, no nicotine, post roll, keep your word and repeat. Easy steps but tough to follow.

This link shows you how to post roll:index.php?showtopic=50

This link will take you to your quit group: index.php?showtopic=6493

I encourage you to read as much as you can and get involved. PM me if you need any help.
Never forget the past or you will be doomed to relive your mistakes.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
New here
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?