Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 1183 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
4 Runner, i remember you your first days in the Live Chat... wow. you did it. I think i rmember you hitting the emergency alarm at some point, and glad you did.

Quit on and congrats on your 100 days quit.

Keep posting roll, you will still have a rollercoaster ride , so stay strong , roll-up daily and stay connected with your brothers and sisters here.

ChickDip 222
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
Quote from: 4Runner
Quote from: Johnt965
Congratulations 4Runner on quitting and reaching 25 days! We both quit on the same day. My quit is going well for the most part, most days lately I don't even miss it. However, this evening my wife and kids were gone and I was sitting around the house doing nothing and I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a nice dip. I wasn't in any real danger of caving or anything, I just thought for a few seconds how nice it would be. It's times like those though that remind me that I still have a ways to go.

Let's kick that nasty bitch together for good. Let me know it you ever need anything.
First off, thanks so much for being honest and congratulations on your quit! I know exactly what you mean. When I am busy, I don't even really think about dip. It is when nobody else is around and I am just relaxing that I am really craving one. The fake stuff has been good for me during those times.

The thing that I am realizing about my quit is that if I allow myself to memorialize dip, or the act of dipping, there will come a day that I think I am "passed the addiction" and can get away with one little dip for old times sake. That's why whenever I get those feelings, I am trying to re-train myself to be pissed that I think dipping would be nice. It's like I am saying... "man, it sure would be nice to have a dentist rip out a couple of my teeth right now," or "Gosh, I would really like to wash my mouth out with Hydrochloric acid."

Clearly those statements are an exaggeration but the truth is that if I am honest with myself about addiction and the possibility of cancer, then I should be equally as angry to have the "I want to dip" thought as I would be for either one of the previous ridiculous statements. I am also not sure I will ever stop having cravings, which makes it even more important that I re-condition my response to them.

Anyway, I am not projecting these thoughts on to you. Everyone's quit is different and what I am thinking about/planning for may not at all be what you are thinking about/planning for. It really only matters that we stay quit.

Thanks again for reading my intro and responding!
This is solid gold bro. Educate yourself about the evils of big tobacco ... about how they try to lure children in with sweet flavors and cute advertising, about how they ignore the death sentence their product gives many people. Use that to fuel your quit. You are correct, it's a poison ... don't EVER return to putting poison in your face!

Big Tobacco ----- 'BanDog' ----- 4Runner
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline 4Runner

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-30
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jbryan
4Runner this is mad encouraging bro. I'm on the same day of quit as you and you've hit the nail on the head! My wife actually asked me a few months ago if I was willing to choose nicotine over her and our future kids. Sobering as fuck. Sometimes nicotine seems like an old friend, but you're right - it doesn't give a fuck about us.

Proud to quit with you today! Novembros for life!
Thanks for your post John, I appreciate your response!

You're right, that is sobering, and really scary. Nicotine is a chemical that literally is poison and the folks closest to us legitimately wonder the choice we would make... crazy. I have been thinking about this idea a lot during my quit.

Maybe what is even more scary is that the real questions is not, "are you willing to choose nicotine over your wife", it is "What has control over your choices, you or nicotine?" At least your wife's question presupposes your autonomy to choose. I don't mean to get philosophical or anything but I don't think I realized how much nicotine was actually influencing my decision to dip until I quit.

I think that's why this site is so encouraging. It's just a bunch of people that are excited and committed to not being mastered by nicotine any longer.

Offline 4Runner

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Johnt965
Congratulations 4Runner on quitting and reaching 25 days! We both quit on the same day. My quit is going well for the most part, most days lately I don't even miss it. However, this evening my wife and kids were gone and I was sitting around the house doing nothing and I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a nice dip. I wasn't in any real danger of caving or anything, I just thought for a few seconds how nice it would be. It's times like those though that remind me that I still have a ways to go.

Let's kick that nasty bitch together for good. Let me know it you ever need anything.
First off, thanks so much for being honest and congratulations on your quit! I know exactly what you mean. When I am busy, I don't even really think about dip. It is when nobody else is around and I am just relaxing that I am really craving one. The fake stuff has been good for me during those times.

The thing that I am realizing about my quit is that if I allow myself to memorialize dip, or the act of dipping, there will come a day that I think I am "passed the addiction" and can get away with one little dip for old times sake. That's why whenever I get those feelings, I am trying to re-train myself to be pissed that I think dipping would be nice. It's like I am saying... "man, it sure would be nice to have a dentist rip out a couple of my teeth right now," or "Gosh, I would really like to wash my mouth out with Hydrochloric acid."

Clearly those statements are an exaggeration but the truth is that if I am honest with myself about addiction and the possibility of cancer, then I should be equally as angry to have the "I want to dip" thought as I would be for either one of the previous ridiculous statements. I am also not sure I will ever stop having cravings, which makes it even more important that I re-condition my response to them.

Anyway, I am not projecting these thoughts on to you. Everyone's quit is different and what I am thinking about/planning for may not at all be what you are thinking about/planning for. It really only matters that we stay quit.

Thanks again for reading my intro and responding!

Offline 4Runner

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Kwarner2012
Hello everyone! I am on day 25 and think it is about time to formally introduce myself. I started dipping freshman year of college. My suite mate at the time was a dipper and I asked him if I could try it. I will never forget what he said, "You can do what you want but I'm telling you that you should not try this. Once you start dipping, you will not stop." I laughed and dipped anyway.

For the first 6 months or so the dips were infrequent. I would dip when I was bored, or when I was studying/writing papers. Dipping once or twice a week turned into once a day, which turned into multiple times a day. By my second year of college, I was a full fledged dipper.

From the beginning I thought it would only be a phase and that I would quit whenever I wanted to, that was over ten years ago. I even "quit" for a semester my third year of college. That was enough for me to think, "see, I'm not that addicted, I'll quit when I graduate." Then after graduation I thought, "I'll quit when I get a job." Then, "I'll quit when I get married." I have been married now for 2 years and just quit 25 days ago.

A couple months ago, I was at the final stages of setting up a new insurance policy. I just needed to sign the paper work and that's when they said it, "Okay sounds good. Just send back that paperwork and schedule your nicotine test and we will be all set." I froze. "Oh, I need to take a nicotine test?" "Yes, it's not a big deal, someone will come out and take a saliva sample to test for nicotine levels." "oh, uhh, okay, sounds good, thanks." I got off the phone and starting to scheme. I looked up how the test works, it's accuracy, how to trick it, how long I needed to be nicotine free to pass, everything. After about a day of searching and scheming, dipping the whole time, I thought to myself, "hmm, maybe I don't really need to open this new insurance plan," and that's when it hit me. I was willing to choose dip over my health, over my wife, over my kids. At that moment, I finally realized, I am an addict.

I quit right at that moment and went online to figure out how I could do it. That's when I found this site. I am so thankful for those of you who have reached out with support and advice. You all keep me focused and keep me remembering how awful nicotine is. This is what I have learned the most on this site:

1) I make a new commitment every day to quit. Committing to quit today is a hell of a lot easier than committing to quit forever.
2) Do not feel sad about quitting as if you are saying goodbye to a good friend. Nicotine has controlled you and doesn't give a shit about you and that should make you angry. I realize more and more everyday how deeply addicted I am to nicotine and it makes me more and more angry.
3) Though your friends who still dip may support you...you need the advice and support from people who hate nicotine to quit nicotine.

Thanks again for all of your support!
Awesome introduction. I personally needed to read that last sentence. I have been feeling lately as I have lost my best friend. But welcome to KTC please post roll if you haven't done so already, this is a great site with a lot of guys that care to see you quit. Utilize every resource on this website. Do not come comfortable and always seek out help if you feel in midst of struggle. If you want to Pm me and exchange numbers I'm here to help along the way if needed. I quit with you today brother.
Thanks Kwarner. I appreciate your support. Let me know if you need anything!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
26 days is bad ass, keep killing it!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline jbryan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-31
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
4Runner this is mad encouraging bro. I'm on the same day of quit as you and you've hit the nail on the head! My wife actually asked me a few months ago if I was willing to choose nicotine over her and our future kids. Sobering as fuck. Sometimes nicotine seems like an old friend, but you're right - it doesn't give a fuck about us.

Proud to quit with you today! Novembros for life!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »
Awesome intro 4runner. This is some really good insight into why we quit every single day. Quit on bro!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Houpilot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-08-16
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
Nice intro 4runner.

Kwarner and JohnT...do yall not realize this is the 4 runner from our Nov. quit group. Lol @ you foggy fucks.

Offline Johnt965

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »

Offline Kwarner2012

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »
Hello everyone! I am on day 25 and think it is about time to formally introduce myself. I started dipping freshman year of college. My suite mate at the time was a dipper and I asked him if I could try it. I will never forget what he said, "You can do what you want but I'm telling you that you should not try this. Once you start dipping, you will not stop." I laughed and dipped anyway.

For the first 6 months or so the dips were infrequent. I would dip when I was bored, or when I was studying/writing papers. Dipping once or twice a week turned into once a day, which turned into multiple times a day. By my second year of college, I was a full fledged dipper.

From the beginning I thought it would only be a phase and that I would quit whenever I wanted to, that was over ten years ago. I even "quit" for a semester my third year of college. That was enough for me to think, "see, I'm not that addicted, I'll quit when I graduate." Then after graduation I thought, "I'll quit when I get a job." Then, "I'll quit when I get married." I have been married now for 2 years and just quit 25 days ago.

A couple months ago, I was at the final stages of setting up a new insurance policy. I just needed to sign the paper work and that's when they said it, "Okay sounds good. Just send back that paperwork and schedule your nicotine test and we will be all set." I froze. "Oh, I need to take a nicotine test?" "Yes, it's not a big deal, someone will come out and take a saliva sample to test for nicotine levels." "oh, uhh, okay, sounds good, thanks." I got off the phone and starting to scheme. I looked up how the test works, it's accuracy, how to trick it, how long I needed to be nicotine free to pass, everything. After about a day of searching and scheming, dipping the whole time, I thought to myself, "hmm, maybe I don't really need to open this new insurance plan," and that's when it hit me. I was willing to choose dip over my health, over my wife, over my kids. At that moment, I finally realized, I am an addict.

I quit right at that moment and went online to figure out how I could do it. That's when I found this site. I am so thankful for those of you who have reached out with support and advice. You all keep me focused and keep me remembering how awful nicotine is. This is what I have learned the most on this site:

1) I make a new commitment every day to quit. Committing to quit today is a hell of a lot easier than committing to quit forever.
2) Do not feel sad about quitting as if you are saying goodbye to a good friend. Nicotine has controlled you and doesn't give a shit about you and that should make you angry. I realize more and more everyday how deeply addicted I am to nicotine and it makes me more and more angry.
3) Though your friends who still dip may support you...you need the advice and support from people who hate nicotine to quit nicotine.

Awesome introduction. I personally needed to read that last sentence. I have been feeling lately as I have lost my best friend. But welcome to KTC please post roll if you haven't done so already, this is a great site with a lot of guys that care to see you quit. Utilize every resource on this website. Do not come comfortable and always seek out help if you feel in midst of struggle. If you want to Pm me and exchange numbers I'm here to help along the way if needed. I quit with you today brother.

Offline 4Runner

• Quitter
My Introduction
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »