Author Topic: 10 days in  (Read 2352 times)

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: 10 days in
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »
Latenight, I am late to the party. I just got around to reading your intro today. One of the things that struck me was the realization I had recently about my chapped lips. I always carried a tub of carmex wherever I went. If I wore 10 different jackets or coats during the winter, I had 10 different tubs to make sure I always had one with me, plus one on my nightstand. 777 days into my quit today, but I realized about a week or 2 ago(sometimes I am kinda slow like that) that I hardly ever use my carmex stash anymore. The damn dip and spitting is what had always been drying out my lips. One more reason to be happy to be quit with you. Keep being the badass quitter you have become in the last 6 months!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 10:37:00 PM »
Just read that marvelous HOF speech of yours.  It was a great read brother.  Thanks for hammering that out; I'm edified.
What ^^^ said!  Great HoF speech!
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 07:38:00 PM »
Just read that marvelous HOF speech of yours.  It was a great read brother.  Thanks for hammering that out; I'm edified.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Rapido

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/17/2019
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 10:34:18 AM »
Welcome to the crew Latenight. I, like you, dipped a can a day for 25+ years and quit cold turkey 13 days ago. My first few days were terrible... never detoxed before but in my mind I could’ve been in rehab as bad as I felt! I made it and continue to make it because I have always been a stubborn SOB. I dipped for all those years because I loved it and nobody was going to tell me I couldn’t do something that I wanted to do. I have decided to use that same logic and say that nobody is going to tell me I can’t quit or stay quit. I also look at all these other Badass Quitters and say if the my can do it so can I!

Reach out if you need... like others I am here for you. 

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 10:45:15 PM »
latenight71 you are absolutely here for the right reason. The first month sucks, I’m not gonna sugar coat it. I’ll send you a PM with digits. I know how bad that suck hurts, but now that I’m 80 days plus beyond it, I can tell you that you can do it and it absolutely gets better. It is literally one day, hour or even minute at a time most days. Dipping was a habit we decided to do.  Quitting can also be a habit and normal. You will get past this, reach out for help when you need it. That’s why we’re here.
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline latenight71

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 28 year idiot
  • Quit Date: 3-19-19
  • Interests: Life, wife, kids. I love all.
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 08:35:32 PM »
Thank you much, Dawgs. Got your PM. Will use # if in need. Thanks again.
I didn't get a harumph outta that guy!

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
Latenight-welcome to the party!! It sounds like you are here for the right reason. You can only want to quit for yourself. If you do it for others, it usually never works. You are right also, we have all expierence withdrawals. We know what it feels like and can sympathize. But remember two things. 1.Embrace the suck. It will make you stronger. And you only have to go through it once. 2.Rely heavily on the site. Let the people here keep you accountable. When they call you out, listen to them. Reach out to us. We exchange digits so we can do that for support. I believe you will post roll in the July group. We post roll everyday. It’s our promise not to use nicotine for that day. Roll is sacred. We follow the mantra..WUPP...Wake up, Piss, Post. I will PM you my digits. I quit with you today.

Offline latenight71

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 28 year idiot
  • Quit Date: 3-19-19
  • Interests: Life, wife, kids. I love all.
  • Likes Given: 29
10 days in
« on: March 28, 2019, 07:06:25 PM »
Hello. I'm 10 days in to my quit. The first few days weren't that bad. It really started to hit me after day 7. Go figure that you do something every day for almost 30 years it might be hard to stop. I went from 1.5 cans a day to nothing. I don't like seeds so been chomping on Big League chewing gum and beef jerky - which, ironically, is exactly what I'd tell my dentist was stuck in my back teeth on every visit.
The inside of my mouth is burning everywhere and my lips constantly feel chapped. Sleep is erratic and I'm incredibly tired all day. I can't concentrate and have even become very forgetful. I could go on and on with the craziness I've felt in the last 10 days but I'm pretty sure I'd be preaching to the choir.
Anyway, I'm here to stay quit. I have to. I already told my 8- and 10-year-old kids that I quit. Their daddy is no liar. 
I didn't get a harumph outta that guy!