Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 27265 times)

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Day 2
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 01:38:13 PM »
Still hanging in there.  I think I had a few urges yesterday while watching football, but just threw in some fake stuff and moved on.  I keep telling myself in my head why do I think I need nicotine....I dont...I think the habit part is worse for me....and that I treat with seeds and fake stuff.  I have been reading alot in forums in the past couple of days and info on stayquit.com.  Everyday for me I go to Todd Garcia's post and read and re-read to keep me motivated.  I am still a little spooked I havnt been hit with a big urge...but ODAAT.
Remember..you are learning to live all over again now. Learning to live without this crap that we used for EVERYTHING. Each day, you retrain your brain just a little bit more. Hang in there. You may never get hit with a huge urge, but most likely, you will and it will be later when you think you have everything under control. Those are the most scary ones. Never let your guard down. Not for one second.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 12:02:51 PM »
Still hanging in there.  I think I had a few urges yesterday while watching football, but just threw in some fake stuff and moved on.  I keep telling myself in my head why do I think I need nicotine....I dont...I think the habit part is worse for me....and that I treat with seeds and fake stuff.  I have been reading alot in forums in the past couple of days and info on stayquit.com.  Everyday for me I go to Todd Garcia's post and read and re-read to keep me motivated.  I am still a little spooked I havnt been hit with a big urge...but ODAAT.
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »
I went to the corner store today.  Yep the same one I have been going to for years for buying snuff.  I got a weird ass look from the clerk when I walked up to the counter with 3 bags of Old bay seasoning seeds.  He was automatically getting ready to ring up a roll of Grizzly when I told him no, just the seeds.  He said no Grizzly, and I replied not today...I quit. 

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline KD2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-31-19
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »
day 5...still going well...getting a little scared because no big craves have hit me.  Again maybe my desire to just be done with this shit is higher than the tobacco talking to me.  I want to throw a  shout out to chris, keith, kuda and all the others who have sent support via messages or texts.  Ill add more later but need to go make the wife some breakfast.  peace out.

It’s like a anti nicotine Adrenalin that kicks in...it’s like a mindset that lets it out, a want, a hunger, roar of life that takes over. In my 36 days so far that intensity has waxed and waned but the fire continues to be lit to be quit with all the BAQ in here no matter what ODAAT. Proud to be quit with you.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 11:18:06 AM »
day 5...still going well...getting a little scared because no big craves have hit me.  Again maybe my desire to just be done with this shit is higher than the tobacco talking to me.  I want to throw a  shout out to chris, keith, kuda and all the others who have sent support via messages or texts.  Ill add more later but need to go make the wife some breakfast.  peace out.

My HOF Speech

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 12:14:36 PM »
got up pissed...telling myself not today and did my roll...still tired and want to go back to bed lol.  Talked to Keith last night and feel encouraged.  I still have not been hit by a big crave....I surround my self with fake dip and seeds...so far that has been the trick.  Still a bit confused on the roll...hope I did it right.  I think my wife is a little shocked i have made it 4 days....I keep telling her I am done...I dont want to be a slave anymore.
Congrats on staying quit! The first couple of weeks suck big time. Remember these days for those times in the future that the nic bitch whispers in your ear trying to get you to cave. You do not want to have to go through this again.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 12:01:00 PM »
got up pissed...telling myself not today and did my roll...still tired and want to go back to bed lol.  Talked to Keith last night and feel encouraged.  I still have not been hit by a big crave....I surround my self with fake dip and seeds...so far that has been the trick.  Still a bit confused on the roll...hope I did it right.  I think my wife is a little shocked i have made it 4 days....I keep telling her I am done...I dont want to be a slave anymore. 

My HOF Speech

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »
Thanks a ton for the help Chris, I sure appreciate it bud.

Check you messages as fellow quitters are offering support. It is common as Chris said to exchange digits but only do through personal messages “pm”. You can do this. It sucks fow a while but then it doesn’t.
Jan19

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 07:43:29 PM »
Thanks a ton for the help Chris, I sure appreciate it bud. 

My HOF Speech

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 06:59:34 PM »
Ok on Day 3...eating a ton of seeds.  I am not feeling very bad...I guess I am just tired of feeling like crap because of Nicotine.  I also am a little confused on how to do things here....where to post and such.

Hey @jsjohnson ,

You can find your group HERE <---- Just click the link.

Once you are in the January quit group, go to the 1st page and the top post.  It should be the roll post.  IF not, just scroll down a little until you find it.  Once you find it, hit "Quote" in the top right and scroll down in the text box until you see where someone placed a place marker for you.  Type your screen name, day count and promise there and then hit "Post" in the bottom right.

The process is simple:

1. Wake Up, Piss, Post your promise (WUPP)
2. Keep your word for the next 24 hours
3. Repeat Every Damn Day (EDD)

Start exchanging phone numbers with other quitters through private message.  Those phone numbers are your lifeline for when it gets bad.  Use those numbers and reach out for help.  There is no embarrassment in asking for help when you need it.  Those numbers also are a start on your web of accountability and brotherhood.  Remember, accountability is a two-way street so if you receive digits, give digits.  If you would like mine, please send me a PM and I would be happy to oblige.

You can do this.  It will be hard for a while until it is not anymore.  The freedom is well worth the effort to get you there.  Use your intro here to document your quit process.  You can look back on it later and it will help you.  It will also help anyone else reading it.

Proud to quit with you today,

chris2alaska 624 and QLF (Quit Like Fuck)
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 06:45:51 PM »
Ok on Day 3...eating a ton of seeds.  I am not feeling very bad...I guess I am just tired of feeling like crap because of Nicotine.  I also am a little confused on how to do things here....where to post and such. 

My HOF Speech

Offline Judaculla

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, family, friends and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 358
Re: D
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:43:23 AM »
I quit Monday night, and have been chewing for 32 years since I first went into the Army.  This is gonna suck but I am tired of chewing.  Using baccoff right now to help with cravings and habit.

Hey @jsjohnson you have made a wise choice to join KTC as there are many veterans here in different stages of quit with good hearts that want to hold you accountable and help you quit, forever breaking the chains of nic addiction. This is not going to be easy, but I promise it gets better the longer you stay quit. That’s where we come in... always feel open to ask us any questions from medical to hobbies, if you’ve had a terrible quit day, grumpy wanting a dip, and  pissed off at the world then we bring it us, we’ll fight with you and let you blow off some steam before doing it at your family, etc. we’re home away from home, but with only a few rules 1) role is sacred and you never lie on role or mess with someone else’s role post.. 2) no nic or nic replacement products may be used 3) helping others and giving back to the site helps to strengthen everyone’s quit. The daily  process is pretty simple, just post role in your home group daily by—- Wake Up Piss and Post (WUPP) as soon as possible Every Damn Day (EDD).your group is January, link is below, and we have saved you a spot. Please PM me for my digits if you have any questions or need help posting. 78 QWY Judaculla

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15899.0

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
Day 2
« on: October 02, 2019, 09:45:36 PM »
I quit Monday night, and have been chewing for 32 years since I first went into the Army.  This is gonna suck but I am tired of chewing.  Using baccoff right now to help with cravings and habit. 

My HOF Speech