Author Topic: Looking for a little backup  (Read 4490 times)

Offline eauge

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, archery, fitness, home/land improvement, reading
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Looking for a little backup
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 08:24:25 AM »
Hello all,
I've been using dip for 32 years. I've tried quitting numerous times and made it almost a year once but ended up back on it. I'm now on day 34 of my latest and hopefully last quit. I've been struggling really bad the last couple of days and have been chewing cinnamon gum like a madman just to get through it. Unfortunately I also just had rotator cuff surgery on my dominant shoulder so I'm also laid up unable to really do anything for another few weeks anyway. The boredom and I would say a little depression isn't helping my quit at all. It feels like I'm right there at the point of breaking down and buying a can. Any words of advice at this point?

Thanks!

@dodgeman48 Welcome. we are here for you to vent get or give advice and to help hold each other accountable one day at a time. There are people that are willing to help and share their experiences, successes and failures that you may be able to relate to and might just help you get through one more day, one day closer to when this gets easier. Join the group, participate and promise each day that you chose to live. What do you have to lose? A longer life and more money in your pocket?

Offline Aumegrad

• Quitter
    • INTRO
  • Quit Date: 7/23/18
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2021, 10:10:34 PM »
Words of advice … YOU CAN DO THIS!!  And this site is filled with useful info and tools to aid in your quit, use them. 

But now for the harsh reality, you have to put in the work.  It is going to suck for a while, it just will with no avoidance.  But it slowly gets better over time till you hit a point where life without nic feels normal.  But again, you have to put in the work, no sugar coating this.  This is where one-day-at-a-time comes into play.  Focus that effort on today only, let’s worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Promise to quit today and keep that promise.  Use the tools and this site to help you keep that promise.  Do it again tomorrow.  Put in the work!  I repeat, it will positively suck BUT you can quit for good and leave nic in the dust.  Put in the work!

Aumegrad 1,131 days nicotine free, putting in the work day after day!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:13:01 PM by Aumegrad »
Who is Aumegrad ???? ...

What were his thoughts at 100 days ???? ... [url=http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=722.0]HoF

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24)

Offline zav3nd

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 07/01/2021
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 02:25:02 PM »
@dodgeman48

You wont find what you want in that can. You've made it a month why throw it away?

I've struggled the same way of boredom resulting in self arguments "oh just a little to get through the day", blah blah blah. Its not worth having the internal argument with yourself, or Nic-bitch or whatever name you give to it. Say no and 'walk away', or use bad words. I find reading helps, wither its a book or just run around on ktc and you'll find something you've never seen before.

It gets a lot harder to buy a can when you've promised not to first thing in the morning. As others have said looks like your in Quitober https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17094.0 get on roll every morning.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 01:39:08 PM »
October Quit Group 6-24-21 up to 7-24-21 what is your day you quit ? I believe this should be your quit group. Thats badass work going it alone as long as you have. My Advice join that group, I know @eauge and @zav3nd would love to have you and they are great support. We go nicotine Free here but fake is allowed, Jump on Amazon and buy some Bangin' Black cherry pouchs from Teazaa or the cool breeze is damn good as well. Next your shoulder may be bummbed but your legs are not. get a good fast pace walk in and sweat it will help with with the quit and the depression. Got plenty more people here including myself to go the distance with you if you allow it. Quit for yourself, join a group and will see you on roll. give you more of my effort if i see your effort.

Nick-LTBE
I agree he should be in October2021. @dodgeman48 Nick gave you the link to take your freedom back but here it is again https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17094.0. Wake up and post your promise first thing to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep your word. Only worry about quitting today. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. We all failed quitting alone so start posting with your group so you can expect a different result. Reach out if I can help.

My bad.  I didn't do the math right.  Yes October would be his group.
Read everything you can on this site. Intros, HOF speeches, daily rolls, etc. The information available is amazing and has been instrumental in helping me stay quit.
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 12:36:29 PM »
October Quit Group 6-24-21 up to 7-24-21 what is your day you quit ? I believe this should be your quit group. Thats badass work going it alone as long as you have. My Advice join that group, I know @eauge and @zav3nd would love to have you and they are great support. We go nicotine Free here but fake is allowed, Jump on Amazon and buy some Bangin' Black cherry pouchs from Teazaa or the cool breeze is damn good as well. Next your shoulder may be bummbed but your legs are not. get a good fast pace walk in and sweat it will help with with the quit and the depression. Got plenty more people here including myself to go the distance with you if you allow it. Quit for yourself, join a group and will see you on roll. give you more of my effort if i see your effort.

Nick-LTBE
I agree he should be in October2021. @dodgeman48 Nick gave you the link to take your freedom back but here it is again https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17094.0. Wake up and post your promise first thing to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep your word. Only worry about quitting today. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. We all failed quitting alone so start posting with your group so you can expect a different result. Reach out if I can help.

My bad.  I didn't do the math right.  Yes October would be his group.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2217
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 12:03:49 PM »

Nick-LTBE
Jan19

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 11:03:00 AM »

Nick-LTBE
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:04:31 AM by nick-Otine Free »
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline grizzlyquittergreen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-3-2021
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 10:52:30 AM »
Hello all,
I've been using dip for 32 years. I've tried quitting numerous times and made it almost a year once but ended up back on it. I'm now on day 34 of my latest and hopefully last quit. I've been struggling really bad the last couple of days and have been chewing cinnamon gum like a madman just to get through it. Unfortunately I also just had rotator cuff surgery on my dominant shoulder so I'm also laid up unable to really do anything for another few weeks anyway. The boredom and I would say a little depression isn't helping my quit at all. It feels like I'm right there at the point of breaking down and buying a can. Any words of advice at this point?

Thanks!

Well, don't buy a can would be my first word of advice.  Chewing isn't going to help your rotator cuff feel better or heal quicker.  Joining your quit group here and posting roll every day would be a good idea too.

November 2021 is your quit group.  Go there and learn horse to post Roll.  Posting Roll is our DAILY promise not to use nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours.  We mashed that promise early everyday, keep our word and repeat daily.

One day at a time is how we quit here.

I would suggest you get some kind of exercise that will not injure your shoulder and drink lots of water.

Get to know the guys in the November group, exchange phone numbers with them through private message.  Those numbers give you instant access to support when you need it abs are also the start of your web of accountability Ava brotherhood.  My number is yours for the asking, just send me a pm.

One problem + nicotine = two problems.

Proud to quit with You today,

Chris

I think he’d actually be October, no?

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 01:07:37 AM »
Hello all,

Thanks!

Well, don't buy a can would be my first word of advice.  Chewing isn't going to help your rotator cuff feel better or heal quicker.  Joining your quit group here and posting roll every day would be a good idea too.

November 2021 is your quit group.  Go there and learn horse to post Roll.  Posting Roll is our DAILY promise not to use nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours.  We mashed that promise early everyday, keep our word and repeat daily.

One day at a time is how we quit here.

I would suggest you get some kind of exercise that will not injure your shoulder and drink lots of water.

Get to know the guys in the November group, exchange phone numbers with them through private message.  Those numbers give you instant access to support when you need it abs are also the start of your web of accountability Ava brotherhood.  My number is yours for the asking, just send me a pm.

One problem + nicotine = two problems.

Proud to quit with You today,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 12:24:22 AM »
Hello all,

Thanks!

Offline dodgeman48

• Likes Given: 0
Looking for a little backup
« on: August 26, 2021, 12:14:36 AM »
Hello all,

Thanks!