Author Topic: New guy here  (Read 4246 times)

Offline EdT3329

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boating, hiking, camping, guns and whisk(e)y
  • Likes Given: 145
Re: New guy here
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »
Hi everyone, happy to be here.
It's a nasty habit and I hate it.
Ummm, it’s not a habit. It’s an addiction and you’re an addict. Do what you have to to wrap your head around that. There’s some links in my signature line about nicotine and addiction. Educate yourself about what you’re up against. Knowledge is power; ignorance is terribly expensive.
Quitting with you today

That quote is misleading as fuck. Those sentences are separate in his intro and he called it an addiction a couple sentences later. This fishing for bullshit on this site irks me. @Athan
Be irked all you want. A lot of people interchange the words "habit" and "addiction". Ed did use both in his intro. But what @Athan was doing was ensuring Ed knows from here on out that "habit" isn't a word in our vocabulary here at KTC.

Biting your nails is a habit. Nicotine is an addiction. When you know your enemy, you then know how to fight it.

I'm am a nicotine addict. I will always be a nicotine addict. I am proud to fight this addition alongside of everyone here TODAY.

I am 100% a nicotine addict. I'm addicted to nicotine independently of dip though. Packing a can is a habit, spitting in a bottle is a habit, tonguing a pinch from the left side to the right is a habit. But 100% point taken.
you’re distinguishing between nicotine the drug and it’s delivery systems. That’s good. Keep researching it and learning about it. A lot of folks fail because they don’t fully understand just exactly what they’re dealing with. They’re looking for the short cut or easy way out. They’re not willing to invest the time to educate themselves, to invest in their quit, nor to help anyone else. They post late. They miss days. They’re not all in. They don’t make it. They end up using all the way to the grave. I hope you’re not a statistic. I hope you get and stay quit.

I'm all in! I'm done trying to quit.
Quit date 8-15-2021 ODAAT

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 02:01:25 PM »
Ummm, it’s not a habit. It’s an addiction and you’re an addict. Do what you have to to wrap your head around that. There’s some links in my signature line about nicotine and addiction. Educate yourself about what you’re up against. Knowledge is power; ignorance is terribly expensive.
Quitting with you today

That quote is misleading as fuck. Those sentences are separate in his intro and he called it an addiction a couple sentences later. This fishing for bullshit on this site irks me. @Athan
Be irked all you want. A lot of people interchange the words "habit" and "addiction". Ed did use both in his intro. But what @Athan was doing was ensuring Ed knows from here on out that "habit" isn't a word in our vocabulary here at KTC.

Biting your nails is a habit. Nicotine is an addiction. When you know your enemy, you then know how to fight it.

I'm am a nicotine addict. I will always be a nicotine addict. I am proud to fight this addition alongside of everyone here TODAY.

I am 100% a nicotine addict. I'm addicted to nicotine independently of dip though. Packing a can is a habit, spitting in a bottle is a habit, tonguing a pinch from the left side to the right is a habit. But 100% point taken.
you’re distinguishing between nicotine the drug and it’s delivery systems. That’s good. Keep researching it and learning about it. A lot of folks fail because they don’t fully understand just exactly what they’re dealing with. They’re looking for the short cut or easy way out. They’re not willing to invest the time to educate themselves, to invest in their quit, nor to help anyone else. They post late. They miss days. They’re not all in. They don’t make it. They end up using all the way to the grave. I hope you’re not a statistic. I hope you get and stay quit.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline EdT3329

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 01:32:37 PM »
Quitting with you today

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »
Quitting with you today

a thousand apologies. I misspoke. Hope y’all were able to extract what value was to be had. Quitting with you today

I found the value in what you were saying, under a bit of a jab but appreciated none the less.

Put up your dukes and let's kick some Nic bitch ass today!!!!

'tough' 'tough' 'tough'

Proud to quit with you all today
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline EdT3329

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
Quitting with you today

a thousand apologies. I misspoke. Hope y’all were able to extract what value was to be had. Quitting with you today

I found the value in what you were saying, under a bit of a jab but appreciated none the less.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 12:31:04 PM »
Quitting with you today

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
Quitting with you today

"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline grizzlyquittergreen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-3-2021
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 12:05:11 PM »
Quitting with you today

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2191
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 10:11:13 AM »
Welcome aboard my friend.  32 days is a hell of a quit.  Just continue to take it one day at time.  The addiction never ends.  This site has some incredible people and some incredible resources to help you along the quit journey.  If you haven't already, head on over to your hall of Fame group and post roll.  You'll be in the December 2021 HOF. Which is where I am.  Feel free to reach out if you need anything at all.  I'm always available. No matter what.    I'm proud to be quit with you today.   

Thanks, the guide landed me in the November 2021 HOF group so I posted roll there. I thought it said quit dates with a range ending 8/23/2021.
You are correct. Nov2021 is your group.
Jan19

Offline EdT3329

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 10:07:56 AM »
Welcome aboard my friend.  32 days is a hell of a quit.  Just continue to take it one day at time.  The addiction never ends.  This site has some incredible people and some incredible resources to help you along the quit journey.  If you haven't already, head on over to your hall of Fame group and post roll.  You'll be in the December 2021 HOF. Which is where I am.  Feel free to reach out if you need anything at all.  I'm always available. No matter what.    I'm proud to be quit with you today.   

Thanks, the guide landed me in the November 2021 HOF group so I posted roll there. I thought it said quit dates with a range ending 8/23/2021.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 10:00:49 AM »
Quitting with you today

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 09:49:10 AM »
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline EdT3329

• Quitter
New guy here
« on: September 15, 2021, 09:35:11 AM »
I quit 32 days ago and just found this forum today through another member. This is awesome. I started using at age 14 and I just turned 31, cigarettes then dip. It's a nasty habit and I hate it. I have been quitting since my teen years. I've done all of the recommended therapies short of hypnosis. This is the first time I have gone cold turkey and tried doing this a day at a time. I always just thought one day my addiction will be gone and I won't have to think about it anymore. I'm excited to have partners in this long term battle.

r/ Ed