Author Topic: New quit, 3 weeks in first post  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: New quit, 3 weeks in first post
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 08:56:53 AM »
Glad that you found us @Daledubs!  Two weeks off of nicotine is awesome!   8)

What happens next is up to you.  At the top of this page is a link to our Discord site, where you can join the latest quit group.  Hit the welcome page and someone will direct you where to go.  Quitting with a team is always better than quitting alone.

I quit with you today.  Day 2,373.
Glad to see you on Discord @Daledubs   Keep posting one day at a time and let those days add up. 
Jan19

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: New quit, 3 weeks in first post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 12:15:15 AM »
Glad that you found us @Daledubs!  Two weeks off of nicotine is awesome!   8)

What happens next is up to you.  At the top of this page is a link to our Discord site, where you can join the latest quit group.  Hit the welcome page and someone will direct you where to go.  Quitting with a team is always better than quitting alone.

I quit with you today.  Day 2,373.

Offline Daledubs

• Likes Given: 10
New quit, 3 weeks in first post
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:42:02 PM »
First time posting here, after reading some posts, really regret not getting involved with this forum on my many failed attempts over the years.

My addiction started at 17 years old, almost 33 now. Woke up one morning on February 8th after a couple days with what turned out to be a strained muscle in my neck and said enough. I had some tins of black Buffalo and I was on my journey. After about a week, I switched out to the no nicotine pouches, and boy was that first weekend a wild test, but I made it through. And a lot of it was from reading people's stories on here. So thank you all for that.

Today is 3 weeks and 2 days tobacco free and 2 weeks nicotine free. I struggle with anxiety and it's only been amplified, probably why I failed so many times before, that tin in my back pocket was my comfort for everything thrown at me. I feel good about the quit, breezing through cravings, but I'll be honest I'm scared shitless and it's probably all in my head. My constant need to move my tongue around my mouth, look down my throat in the mirror, pretending like I know what I'm looking at has been a disaster for my anxiety. My comfort has been my parents, brother and close friends who I've involved in my quit and comments and threads on the forum and ktc articles.

The cravings are definitely still there, but it feels different this time, almost like ive been able to completely ignore them, I have the confidence in this quit that ive never had before, even at times of setback. I am determined and I will make it work this time, I say that to myself as much as I can.

I've never been one to divulge much especially on this topic, but hopefully this first post helps, even if in my head I think I'm just rambling. Really though, to everyone that makes this site what it is, thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have all been inspirations and your stories do help

02/17/22 - Success is a never ending journey

My Intro!

My HoF Speech!