Author Topic: I quit again  (Read 53874 times)

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
Re: I quit again
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2023, 05:20:34 PM »
Day 117.
Unfortunately today feels like there is no end in sight. Anxiety, depression, tingling of the hands and an inner restlessness so all I can do is pace back and forth until it stops. Already wore out myself on the weight bench. It’s raining so I can’t go for a bike ride. Just another day healing from the stupid shit I did to myself. Nobody to blame but me. Life will be good again but just not today.
I promise not to dip today.
Keith0617 1828 ODAAT
worktowin 3,939.  Fall has arrived, before you know it, you'll be shoveling snow.  I'm honored to quit with you today.
AJ… 3,825 and I’m with ya in spirit today bro
I hear from worktowin that it’s your birthday. Happy birthday bud.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2023, 05:02:07 PM »
Day 117.
Unfortunately today feels like there is no end in sight. Anxiety, depression, tingling of the hands and an inner restlessness so all I can do is pace back and forth until it stops. Already wore out myself on the weight bench. It’s raining so I can’t go for a bike ride. Just another day healing from the stupid shit I did to myself. Nobody to blame but me. Life will be good again but just not today.
Keith0617 1828 ODAAT
worktowin 3,939.  Fall has arrived, before you know it, you'll be shoveling snow.  I'm honored to quit with you today.
I used to love winter. There was snowmobiling, ice fishing, hockey, bonfires, drinking and dipping. All that’s left is snowmobiling and ice fishing. Hate getting old. Proud to be quit with all of you.
Speaking of old, rumor has it that it is Applejack's (he goes by Shane too) birthday today!

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2023, 03:24:25 PM »
Day 117.
Keith0617 1828 ODAAT
I used to love winter. There was snowmobiling, ice fishing, hockey, bonfires, drinking and dipping. All that’s left is snowmobiling and ice fishing. Hate getting old. Proud to be quit with all of you.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:26:15 PM by Dipchit »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2023, 10:42:59 AM »
Day 117.
Keith0617 1828 ODAAT
AJ… 3,825 and I’m with ya in spirit today bro
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2023, 10:38:56 AM »
Day 117.
Keith0617 1828 ODAAT

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2333
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2023, 09:05:28 AM »
Day 117.
Keith0617 1828 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2023, 07:07:58 AM »
Day 117.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 07:12:11 AM by Dipchit »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2333
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2023, 04:39:40 PM »
Day 116.
Still no progress. Feel just as bad as the first 30 days. I had a couple windows over the last 116 days. One lasting a couple days and one went close to 2 weeks back in early September. I thought withdrawal was over because I felt a little better each day but then I woke up that dreadful morning and it was just like day 3 all over again. What a mind fuck. Any how I promise not to dip today.
worktowin 3,938.  Haven't asked this, but are you exercising?  Like lifting weights, running/walking yourself to exhaustion?  There is nothing like beating your body to a sweaty exhaustion followed by a sweaty round in the sheets with the Mrs. to get your mind rewired.  Try it for a while.  Also, you live up north.  If you don't, start taking a lot of Vitamin D.
I been working out on my exercise machine and my job is pretty physical so yes I’m very active. As far as me and the Mrs. we are very inactive in that department. We are both close to 60 and just don’t really care about that anymore. It’s just one day after the next of living in virtual hell. I’m afraid that if I knew how bad withdrawal was going to be I would have just stayed dipping until the end. I have to much suffering invested now to cave so it’s onward and upwards we go. No turning back. I do notice though that not many here have journaled their timelines as far as symptoms go. Very little is known about post 100 or 150 or 200 etc. I can tell you from experience that the first 100 sucked except for a couple little windows at around the 60 something and 90 something days but since those windows it’s been hell on earth. Main symptom has been extreme anxiety with some depression thrown in for good measure. I know we are all different but the first 100 day description on the site was very accurate. How about the next 100 and 200 from you vets. The 1 year mark?
I can’t give a good description from my last stop that lasted 14 years because I didn’t have any symptoms other then a few craves here and there for a couple weeks. That was it. I can’t believe I didn’t have any withdrawals and I had been dipping for years before that. 21 and a few months.
Glad to be quit but it still feels like shit.
BTW I’m having a monster crave.
Here's mine, for what it is worth:

First 50 days I truthfully don't remember a thing.  Initially depressed beyond description, almost to the point of desperation.  Was in a fog so deep that time was lost.  Like zero recollection of going to work, doing work, Christmas, whatever.  Gone.  That gets me to day 50.
Next 100 days, a struggle.  Every day was trying hard to put one foot in front of the other, keep my mind occupied and busy because I was lost, scared, and afraid.  Trying to survive.  That gets me to Day 150.
Next 150 Days, Not easy, but not nail-biting misery either.  Still a struggle, but manageable if that makes sense.  Was there a lot of joy?  No, but there wasn't this literally absoultely constant feeling that I was "at war" either.  On to Day 300.
Next 200 Days, life started to become good.  I was able to be happy.  Celebrate wins.  Smile.  Be joyful.  I wasn't fighting with myself of lost.  On to Day 500.
Next 500 Days, life started to become great.  I was finding my way, wasn't lying, was celebrating that.  Was enjoying things I didn't used to enjoy.  Found time to look at and celebrate the little things.  Happier in these days than I had been in many, many years.  Here come's the Comma 1,000
1,000+, a peace has now set in.  Everyone has a different experience.  I've had a small handful of "craves" in the 3,000 or so days since the comma, but only a few.  And honestly those few remind me that I'm winning.  Big.

That part of my life is in the past, and I post every day.  I find great comfort in knowing that my misery in some small way might be helping winners like you out, because as you can see above, I was pretty miserable and hopeless too.  There are better days ahead.  If  you can somehow look at this misery as "healing" instead of misery, look at it as "this is part of me growing", it might help.  But in the end, it is a process.  I don't think any of us had an easy ride.  If it were easy, no one would be an addict.  Again, sir, I'm honored to be on this ride with you.  And I promise you, there are better days ahead.  Because there are.
Thank you for your description of your journey. It’s crazy how long it takes to heal. I know many ex smokers who are just puzzled when I tell them how much and how long I been suffering since I quit. One guy I work with was a pack a day smoker since he was 14 years old. He’s now 60. He quit and after about a month he has no symptoms or cravings at all. He said the first week was hell but it got better from there. Similar stories from others. Like I mentioned before I had virtually zero symptoms my last 3 stops after many years of dipping. I just blew me away when I got anxious the first day. I thought that it couldn’t possibly be from quitting dip. Glad I found KTC because it validated my symptoms. I’d like to hear more stories from others. It really helps the anxiety knowing I’m not going nuts. Thanks again.
haven’t he from engineer for a while. Hope he didn’t go out and buy a can!!!! I doubt it. Just trying to lure you out. And Mr. Worktowin my hats off to you. You are a quit warrior. Fuck! Sounds like my quit so far. Fucking hard as hell. I do get a break most evenings around 8:00 pm. to bedtime. Guessing it’s the cortisol drop.
Keith0617 1827 5 years ODAAT
Jan19

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2023, 01:01:36 PM »
Day 116.
Still no progress. Feel just as bad as the first 30 days. I had a couple windows over the last 116 days. One lasting a couple days and one went close to 2 weeks back in early September. I thought withdrawal was over because I felt a little better each day but then I woke up that dreadful morning and it was just like day 3 all over again. What a mind fuck. Any how I promise not to dip today.
worktowin 3,938.  Haven't asked this, but are you exercising?  Like lifting weights, running/walking yourself to exhaustion?  There is nothing like beating your body to a sweaty exhaustion followed by a sweaty round in the sheets with the Mrs. to get your mind rewired.  Try it for a while.  Also, you live up north.  If you don't, start taking a lot of Vitamin D.
I been working out on my exercise machine and my job is pretty physical so yes I’m very active. As far as me and the Mrs. we are very inactive in that department. We are both close to 60 and just don’t really care about that anymore. It’s just one day after the next of living in virtual hell. I’m afraid that if I knew how bad withdrawal was going to be I would have just stayed dipping until the end. I have to much suffering invested now to cave so it’s onward and upwards we go. No turning back. I do notice though that not many here have journaled their timelines as far as symptoms go. Very little is known about post 100 or 150 or 200 etc. I can tell you from experience that the first 100 sucked except for a couple little windows at around the 60 something and 90 something days but since those windows it’s been hell on earth. Main symptom has been extreme anxiety with some depression thrown in for good measure. I know we are all different but the first 100 day description on the site was very accurate. How about the next 100 and 200 from you vets. The 1 year mark?
I can’t give a good description from my last stop that lasted 14 years because I didn’t have any symptoms other then a few craves here and there for a couple weeks. That was it. I can’t believe I didn’t have any withdrawals and I had been dipping for years before that. 21 and a few months.

First 50 days I truthfully don't remember a thing.  Initially depressed beyond description, almost to the point of desperation.  Was in a fog so deep that time was lost.  Like zero recollection of going to work, doing work, Christmas, whatever.  Gone.  That gets me to day 50.
Next 100 days, a struggle.  Every day was trying hard to put one foot in front of the other, keep my mind occupied and busy because I was lost, scared, and afraid.  Trying to survive.  That gets me to Day 150.
Next 150 Days, Not easy, but not nail-biting misery either.  Still a struggle, but manageable if that makes sense.  Was there a lot of joy?  No, but there wasn't this literally absoultely constant feeling that I was "at war" either.  On to Day 300.
Next 200 Days, life started to become good.  I was able to be happy.  Celebrate wins.  Smile.  Be joyful.  I wasn't fighting with myself of lost.  On to Day 500.
Next 500 Days, life started to become great.  I was finding my way, wasn't lying, was celebrating that.  Was enjoying things I didn't used to enjoy.  Found time to look at and celebrate the little things.  Happier in these days than I had been in many, many years.  Here come's the Comma 1,000
1,000+, a peace has now set in.  Everyone has a different experience.  I've had a small handful of "craves" in the 3,000 or so days since the comma, but only a few.  And honestly those few remind me that I'm winning.  Big.

That part of my life is in the past, and I post every day.  I find great comfort in knowing that my misery in some small way might be helping winners like you out, because as you can see above, I was pretty miserable and hopeless too.  There are better days ahead.  If  you can somehow look at this misery as "healing" instead of misery, look at it as "this is part of me growing", it might help.  But in the end, it is a process.  I don't think any of us had an easy ride.  If it were easy, no one would be an addict.  Again, sir, I'm honored to be on this ride with you.  And I promise you, there are better days ahead.  Because there are.
Thank you for your description of your journey. It’s crazy how long it takes to heal. I know many ex smokers who are just puzzled when I tell them how much and how long I been suffering since I quit. One guy I work with was a pack a day smoker since he was 14 years old. He’s now 60. He quit and after about a month he has no symptoms or cravings at all. He said the first week was hell but it got better from there. Similar stories from others. Like I mentioned before I had virtually zero symptoms my last 3 stops after many years of dipping. I just blew me away when I got anxious the first day. I thought that it couldn’t possibly be from quitting dip. Glad I found KTC because it validated my symptoms. I’d like to hear more stories from others. It really helps the anxiety knowing I’m not going nuts. Thanks again.
haven’t he from engineer for a while. Hope he didn’t go out and buy a can!!!! I doubt it. Just trying to lure you out. And Mr. Worktowin my hats off to you. You are a quit warrior. Fuck! Sounds like my quit so far. Fucking hard as hell. I do get a break most evenings around 8:00 pm. to bedtime. Guessing it’s the cortisol drop.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2023, 11:45:08 AM »
Day 116.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2023, 11:28:37 AM »
Day 116.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2023, 10:58:40 AM »
Day 116.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 11:03:08 AM by Dipchit »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2023, 10:14:22 AM »
Day 116.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2023, 07:04:28 AM »
Day 116.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #236 on: October 04, 2023, 04:52:26 PM »
Day 115.
Anxiety Anxiety Anxiety.
I will not dip today and that’s my promise.
I had some pretty bad cravings yesterday. Felt like the first week again. Good god, how long does the suffering last? This is completely insane.
Glad to be quit with you all.
worktowin 3,937.  Hope you are starting to celebrate the wins a little in addition to the suffering.  Some day you'll be glad you posted all of this here so you can come back and read it and remember how much this shit put you through.
Keith0617 1826 ODAAT
Alcohol withdrawal only lasted about two weeks. Peaked at 5 days and faded away until about the 2nd week. Then it was life as usual but with no alcohol. I do drink fake beer though because I love the taste of beer.
Nicotine is almost as addictive as heroin bro. You are doing great.