Author Topic: * dipless Pete  (Read 2375 times)

Offline pbear13

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
* dipless Pete
« on: December 30, 2009, 05:19:00 AM »
If you had told be 108 days ago that I would finally quit dipping, I would have told you to fuck off.

I have been dipping for 17 years, I've treid to quit dozens of times. Once I made it a whole 6 days before caving.

Last June I started writing down every time I had a chew and how I felt about it. I couldn't believe how something could make me fell so good physically but make me fell so shitty mentally. I joined trytostop...you know the one. Then in early september (my planned quit date was Oct 1, 2009), I got an email from some guy at trytostop and he told me to check out KTC. I logged on and decided to join....that was my last dip...just like that...no plans....no gum...no patches...just me typing into the computer and telling myself and my fellow December quitters that I would not chew that day. So simple...but it worked.

I must say the first 40-50 day sucked...I even had a couple of employees buy me cans of chew (whick I flushed down the toilet)...I guess I was kind of an asshole in the beggining.

Most of my friends knew I was trying to quit, but did not call myself a quitter until Dec 23 ( my 100 days)

But now that part of my life is done, I'm committed to never dip again. I know I was not the most vocal December quitter, but I will continue to support future quitter on this site.

Thanks to all my fellow December quitters..lets keep this going !!

Pete