Community > Introductions

Glad to be here

<< < (2/94) > >>

nick-Otine Free:

--- Quote from: ChickDip on January 02, 2023, 10:37:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Athan on January 02, 2023, 07:10:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Keith0617 on January 01, 2023, 02:44:12 PM ---Congrats on 5 years brother. Keep kicking ass @Athan

--- End quote ---
Thanks Keith - it's been quite a ride. Blogging it out here in the intro and interacting with all you fine quitters has been more effective and far more valuable to me than any therapist could ever have been as I've faced the travails of all that encompasses what we call life. It happens. Quitters stay quit. One Day At A Time.

--- End quote ---
Happy 5 years free @Athan !!

--- End quote ---
belated 5 years man, miss guys like you on discord your guidance early on really was a staple in my quit.

ChickDip:

--- Quote from: Athan on January 02, 2023, 07:10:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Keith0617 on January 01, 2023, 02:44:12 PM ---Congrats on 5 years brother. Keep kicking ass @Athan

--- End quote ---
Thanks Keith - it's been quite a ride. Blogging it out here in the intro and interacting with all you fine quitters has been more effective and far more valuable to me than any therapist could ever have been as I've faced the travails of all that encompasses what we call life. It happens. Quitters stay quit. One Day At A Time.

--- End quote ---
Happy 5 years free @Athan !!

Athan:

--- End quote ---

Keith0617:
Congrats on 5 years brother. Keep kicking ass @Athan   

Athan:
I'm at O'Reillys getting some brake pads when I notice the distinctive anchor tatoo on the old man behind me.
"Were you in the Navy?" I asked him.
He nodded with a smile.
"Me too" I said, "attack submarines" I smiled back at him.
"My father died on one" he told me, Dale Wilkerson, USS Robalo (SS-273) somewhere in the South China Sea in 1944.
He left me speechless and a little misty eyed.
I had rubbed elbows with the progeny of greatness and almost escaped not knowing anything of it.
At the memorial in Charleston, S.C. there's a plaque honoring those on eternal patrol. He's on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version