Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 54336 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #392 on: July 18, 2020, 08:34:15 AM »
Day 1777.  It's been a rough week.  On Monday my father went into the ICU after a surgery to open an artery caused him to have a stroke.  Under the hospital's Covid-19 rules he can only have 1 visitor a day.  My first day to see him is tomorrow.  He's got all kinds of tubes in him and I'm very apprehensive about seeing him in that state.

Why am I sharing this?  Well, my dad is 91 years old and has been smoking cigarettes for at least 75 years.  This week is probably the first time he hasn't smoked since the 1940's.  While my family is amazed that he has lived this long, he has dealt with a lot of health problems due to smoking and he did not quit.  Even in the ICU they have a nicotine patch on him right now.  I'm not sure how his nicotine management is going to work during his rehab.  It's the last thing you'd think you'd need to worry about, but I remember what I went through during the suck phase of my quit.  I know it is going to be very tough on him when he doesn't get enough nicotine.

I guess I just want to say don't ever give up.  If you have earned your freedom from nicotine do everything in your power to keep it.  Going through withdrawal late in life isn't worth it.  I quit with you all today and I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Dave.
Thoughts, love and prayers to you

Thank you both for the prayers.  My dad was moved out of the ICU today and I got to visit him.  He still has a long way to go to recover from this but we are taking it one day at a time.

I quit with you today!

Thank you for the reminder Stranger...thoughts and prayers heading towards you and yours.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #391 on: July 17, 2020, 11:32:25 PM »
Day 1777.  It's been a rough week.  On Monday my father went into the ICU after a surgery to open an artery caused him to have a stroke.  Under the hospital's Covid-19 rules he can only have 1 visitor a day.  My first day to see him is tomorrow.  He's got all kinds of tubes in him and I'm very apprehensive about seeing him in that state.

Why am I sharing this?  Well, my dad is 91 years old and has been smoking cigarettes for at least 75 years.  This week is probably the first time he hasn't smoked since the 1940's.  While my family is amazed that he has lived this long, he has dealt with a lot of health problems due to smoking and he did not quit.  Even in the ICU they have a nicotine patch on him right now.  I'm not sure how his nicotine management is going to work during his rehab.  It's the last thing you'd think you'd need to worry about, but I remember what I went through during the suck phase of my quit.  I know it is going to be very tough on him when he doesn't get enough nicotine.

I guess I just want to say don't ever give up.  If you have earned your freedom from nicotine do everything in your power to keep it.  Going through withdrawal late in life isn't worth it.  I quit with you all today and I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.

Thank you both for the prayers.  My dad was moved out of the ICU today and I got to visit him.  He still has a long way to go to recover from this but we are taking it one day at a time.

I quit with you today!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2034
« Reply #390 on: July 17, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »

July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #389 on: July 17, 2020, 07:44:11 AM »

Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2020, 12:32:04 AM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2019, 11:18:06 PM »
Today is 4 years after I reached my HOF day.  Waking up each morning and posting roll here has kept my quit going the entire time.  I'm very thankful for this website and the awesome quit group that I stumbled into back in 2015.  I've learned that if you really want to quit, it has to be an every day thing.  You have to actively quit and always remember that nicotine in any form will put you back to day 1.  No way, not ever again!

I can't wait to post roll again tomorrow. :)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #386 on: June 03, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »
Day 1,365!  One year after earning a comma and for me quitting never gets old.   8)

Thank you to all in my support chain for keeping me honest!  There are some great quit groups here but December 15 will always be special - I'm proud to quit with my fellow Disciples every damn day!   :)
I LIKE THIS! (but I can't find the like button)

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #385 on: June 02, 2019, 03:45:41 PM »
Day 1,365!  One year after earning a comma and for me quitting never gets old.   8)

Thank you to all in my support chain for keeping me honest!  There are some great quit groups here but December 15 will always be special - I'm proud to quit with my fellow Disciples every damn day!   :)
I LIKE THIS! (but I can't find the like button)
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #384 on: June 02, 2019, 03:40:26 PM »

Proud of ya!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2019, 10:38:25 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #382 on: June 01, 2018, 12:25:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: JGlav
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: Nomore1959
Quote from: ChickDip
StrngrDngr... Congrats on your comma today!
Outstanding quit You've got.
Thank you and IQWYT.
Congrats on the comma stranger!
Congrats on 1000 days quit!!! Proud to quit with you EDD!
1,000 days of freedom feels pretty good doesn't it Stranger! Way to go.
Well done on the Comma brother!
Awesome.......Just........Awesome!! Congratulations brother! Well done
Honored as hell to quit with you today. And I canÂ’t wait to quit with you tomorrow. Congratulations sir. 2 legends earned their commas today!
1,000 days. On day 6 it seemed impossible. But as you find your footing and learn how to quit one day at a time the big numbers get smaller. You learn how to win. You learn to take it one day at a time without looking at those big numbers. Those big numbers arrive on their own. Your quit must arrive every day.

Thanks to all of you who post with me at KTC. Thanks to those who text me. Thanks to those who I've talked to on the phone and met in person at quit meets. I stumbled into this awesome community and I don't think I would have been quit this long if I hadn't.

I can't wait to post roll again tomorrow. :)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #381 on: May 31, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Thank you and IQWYT.
Honored as hell to quit with you today. And I canÂ’t wait to quit with you tomorrow. Congratulations sir. 2 legends earned their commas today!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »
Thank you and IQWYT.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
Thank you and IQWYT.
I believe.....

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2018, 06:57:00 AM »
Thank you and IQWYT.