Author Topic: cbird65 to cbird to bird ... either way here's the back story  (Read 48906 times)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
Re: Failed to Intro
« Reply #551 on: December 15, 2023, 09:04:38 PM »
Today

Trust - build it
Others - not alone here - we are a brotherhood
Determined - be single-minded about your quit
Assist - help a brother, it will strengthen both quits
Yoke - tandem efforts moving toward a target
still applies
So true
Jan19

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #550 on: December 15, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »
Today

Trust - build it
Others - not alone here - we are a brotherhood
Determined - be single-minded about your quit
Assist - help a brother, it will strengthen both quits
Yoke - tandem efforts moving toward a target
still applies
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
Re: cbird65 to cbird to bird ... either way here's the back story
« Reply #549 on: August 25, 2022, 05:38:34 PM »
Haven’t added anything here is a long-ass time..

I am now ten plus years quit and my brain still doesn’t believe it’s been that long.  I’ve carried my KTC coin wherever I go….
 During my last business trip to Austin my coin fell out of my pocket sometime on the last night of a business trip to Austin a couple of weeks ago.  Me a couple of co-workers search the on-site bar at the LoneStar Court hotel where we were staying…. to no avail.  When I checked out of the hotel, I asked them to keep an eye out for it and showed them a pic of coin and it’s ‘meaning and importance’.
I asked my coworker to try to contact the Lyft driver to see if they found my coin and gave him my phone number if they did.  Two days later I received a call from the driver and explained what it meant to me. He immediately congratulated me on my quit and said he would drop it off at the hotel since had already checked out and back in Plano. (3 hours north)
The following Tuesday, the driver called me saying he dropped the coin off.  I immediately called the hotel and asked them if they would take the coin to a FedEx location and ship it back if I sent them a shipping label.  The desk agent agreed but 1 hour later the manager called me back and gave me his email address and cell, saying he would personally insure this was done.  Two hours later, I received a FedEx text saying the ‘package was dropped off’.  The following day, I sent him a thank you email for all of his efforts

He quickly emailed me back

"I am glad you received your package. I was so glad to see the coin when it was dropped off.  Your coin is more than a piece of metal it is a ray of hope. It is hard work and struggle paying off and gives you the strength when you need it.  Our very best wishes from the lone star court. And hope to see you again in the future."
Great read. Thank you for sharing.
Jan19

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
« Reply #548 on: August 25, 2022, 12:44:43 PM »
Haven’t added anything here is a long-ass time..

I am now ten plus years quit and my brain still doesn’t believe it’s been that long.  I’ve carried my KTC coin wherever I go….
 During my last business trip to Austin my coin fell out of my pocket sometime on the last night of a business trip to Austin a couple of weeks ago.  Me a couple of co-workers search the on-site bar at the LoneStar Court hotel where we were staying…. to no avail.  When I checked out of the hotel, I asked them to keep an eye out for it and showed them a pic of coin and it’s ‘meaning and importance’.
I asked my coworker to try to contact the Lyft driver to see if they found my coin and gave him my phone number if they did.  Two days later I received a call from the driver and explained what it meant to me. He immediately congratulated me on my quit and said he would drop it off at the hotel since had already checked out and back in Plano. (3 hours north)
The following Tuesday, the driver called me saying he dropped the coin off.  I immediately called the hotel and asked them if they would take the coin to a FedEx location and ship it back if I sent them a shipping label.  The desk agent agreed but 1 hour later the manager called me back and gave me his email address and cell, saying he would personally insure this was done.  Two hours later, I received a FedEx text saying the ‘package was dropped off’.  The following day, I sent him a thank you email for all of his efforts

He quickly emailed me back

"I am glad you received your package. I was so glad to see the coin when it was dropped off.  Your coin is more than a piece of metal it is a ray of hope. It is hard work and struggle paying off and gives you the strength when you need it.  Our very best wishes from the lone star court. And hope to see you again in the future."

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #547 on: April 06, 2020, 09:02:19 PM »

11 Jul 2013, 10:29
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quitting tobacco is the hardest thing any of us will ever do.  What does it really take?

Well for me, it was the ‘I have had enough of being controlled by a 2 ¼” can”.  Ok, you say.  Bully for you – you made a mental decision not based on fear or for anyone else…. What now?

What now is where KTC came into play.  Finding this site three days after my decision was the life preserver being tossed to a man treading water in a turbulent ocean.  I had been here before and failed countless times.   I needed to learn how to quit, not just stop.  It was a matter disregarding all the ‘knowledge’ I thought I knew and become a student of quit.

I had never visited an open forum before and this isn’t the easiest elephant to eat so it’s little by little each day learning the ins and outs of KTC.  Was it difficult, yes but it also distracted my nicotine ridden body and mind.  I am part of April 12, the battered bumping bastards of April 12 to be exact and am one of the spreadsheet trackers too. Our name is justly deserved.  Come by and read some of our history to see why. 

The saying around here is to drink the Kool-Aid.    I’ll take it a step further and liken it to jumping out of the plane for the first time.  I am not an accomplished sky diver but have made 5 successful jumps.  Yes I know we have some badass military guys on the site and I am not trying to compare myself to your or your sacrifice/service – just hang with me a little bit.  Hanging on the edge of the plane at 14,000 feet you have a decision to make.  Tandem jumping is now the law and it’s up to the jumper to make the initial exit.  Full commitment is now reality if you want to experience. The jump school (first 100 days) teaches us how to identify the dangers and pitfalls of our addiction.  Not just avoiding the fight but how to defend and then attack the enemy.  Tandem jumping means you are wearing a harness which is attached to an experienced and licensed sky diver (KTC vet).  My life was literally in my jumper partner and had to completely trust he could land me safely. After the Hall, we get to put our ‘quit degree’ into practice.  The first milestone is only a mile marker affirming you are going in the right direction.  Top off the tank and get back on the road; this is not your final destination!  For me, after my first safe landing, I was ready to go again!! 

Would I be quit without KTC?  Yes, is say with slight question mark floating in the back of my mind.  Would I be as confident in my defensive and offensive skill in battling nicotine, HELL NO!

Let go and let it rip boys!!
Well put brother!!

Its vets like you that have given newbies and not-so-newbies like myself the advise on how to get thru some of the tough spots.

Proud to be quit with you today.
keep paying it forward and backward G25 - lovin that quit
Whenever I'm pissed I know I can come to Cbird's intro for a dose to positivity. Thanks Cbird. Proud to know you.
taking a walk down memory land and ran across this ....
Preach it
Tweet tweet. That's wisdom thrown there.
Serious gold from the birdman!!!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #546 on: April 05, 2020, 05:24:17 PM »

Quitting tobacco is the hardest thing any of us will ever do.  What does it really take?

Well for me, it was the ‘I have had enough of being controlled by a 2 ¼” can”.  Ok, you say.  Bully for you – you made a mental decision not based on fear or for anyone else…. What now?

What now is where KTC came into play.  Finding this site three days after my decision was the life preserver being tossed to a man treading water in a turbulent ocean.  I had been here before and failed countless times.   I needed to learn how to quit, not just stop.  It was a matter disregarding all the ‘knowledge’ I thought I knew and become a student of quit.

I had never visited an open forum before and this isn’t the easiest elephant to eat so it’s little by little each day learning the ins and outs of KTC.  Was it difficult, yes but it also distracted my nicotine ridden body and mind.  I am part of April 12, the battered bumping bastards of April 12 to be exact and am one of the spreadsheet trackers too. Our name is justly deserved.  Come by and read some of our history to see why. 

The saying around here is to drink the Kool-Aid.    I’ll take it a step further and liken it to jumping out of the plane for the first time.  I am not an accomplished sky diver but have made 5 successful jumps.  Yes I know we have some badass military guys on the site and I am not trying to compare myself to your or your sacrifice/service – just hang with me a little bit.  Hanging on the edge of the plane at 14,000 feet you have a decision to make.  Tandem jumping is now the law and it’s up to the jumper to make the initial exit.  Full commitment is now reality if you want to experience. The jump school (first 100 days) teaches us how to identify the dangers and pitfalls of our addiction.  Not just avoiding the fight but how to defend and then attack the enemy.  Tandem jumping means you are wearing a harness which is attached to an experienced and licensed sky diver (KTC vet).  My life was literally in my jumper partner and had to completely trust he could land me safely. After the Hall, we get to put our ‘quit degree’ into practice.  The first milestone is only a mile marker affirming you are going in the right direction.  Top off the tank and get back on the road; this is not your final destination!  For me, after my first safe landing, I was ready to go again!! 

Would I be quit without KTC?  Yes, is say with slight question mark floating in the back of my mind.  Would I be as confident in my defensive and offensive skill in battling nicotine, HELL NO!

Well put brother!!

Its vets like you that have given newbies and not-so-newbies like myself the advise on how to get thru some of the tough spots.

Whenever I'm pissed I know I can come to Cbird's intro for a dose to positivity. Thanks Cbird. Proud to know you.
Preach it
Tweet tweet. That's wisdom thrown there.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #545 on: April 03, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »

Well put brother!!

Preach it
Jan19

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #544 on: April 03, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »

Well put brother!!

Believe Me

,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #543 on: August 15, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »
indulge me if I get nostalgic ... six years ago on NYE, I walked out of a party giving my can to the host and said "I am done". Three agonizing days later I googled 'fake dip' and landed on KTC. I've been attending that same NYE party for the last six years and every year I would have a new coin with me. I made it a point during the night to show it to the host and ask him if he was ready to embrace freedom. Every year, he would tell he'd quit when he was ready......

In October he joined the site but never got involved and I was pessimistically optimistic of his success.....Last night he told me he was on day 84...

Thanks Justin for texting him.
And thanks to all of you who continue to pay it forward
an update on my buddy. Monday morning he texted me day 300!!! I wasn't aware but later that night, our tight group of friends met up for dinner and toasted.

investment
time
dividend .....

sowing
weeding
reaping...

no short cuts
Great message..
Thanks for sharing!
There are so many assets and benifits
From being a Quitter!

A few more to add... .
Searching
Finding
Changing

Then....
Sharing
Witnessing
Changing
Well done Bird.........!

I quit with you.
Rawls 1367
I believe.....

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #542 on: August 15, 2018, 06:23:00 PM »
indulge me if I get nostalgic ... six years ago on NYE, I walked out of a party giving my can to the host and said "I am done". Three agonizing days later I googled 'fake dip' and landed on KTC. I've been attending that same NYE party for the last six years and every year I would have a new coin with me. I made it a point during the night to show it to the host and ask him if he was ready to embrace freedom. Every year, he would tell he'd quit when he was ready......

In October he joined the site but never got involved and I was pessimistically optimistic of his success.....Last night he told me he was on day 84...

Thanks Justin for texting him.
And thanks to all of you who continue to pay it forward
an update on my buddy. Monday morning he texted me day 300!!! I wasn't aware but later that night, our tight group of friends met up for dinner and toasted.

investment
time
dividend .....

sowing
weeding
reaping...

no short cuts
Believe Me

,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2018, 10:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: Athan
Quote from: G
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Quote from: FLLipOut
Quote from: Nomore1959
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Coach
Y'all need to head on over to the Glass House of April 2012 and congratulate my dude CBird on hitting 2400!

'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog'
Congratulations on the 24th floor bird
Tweets! huge congrats on floor #24! :wub:
24th floor? Congratulations!
Congratulations, birdman!!! 'party'
The birds the word today
Nice. Grats.
Holy cow I didn't realize I'd had lunch with a celebrity! Looking forward to the next meetup brother!
How's the view up there CBird?
A of all, thanks FUCS for digging this intro up!
B of all, thanks for all of you how contributed along the way. Humbled and grateful
C of all ...I just like talking like a lawyer roflmao
Well done sir.
Rawls 1348
I believe.....

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2018, 08:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
Y'all need to head on over to the Glass House of April 2012 and congratulate my dude CBird on hitting 2400!

'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog' 'BanDog'
The birds the word today
Nice. Grats.
Holy cow I didn't realize I'd had lunch with a celebrity! Looking forward to the next meetup brother!
A of all, thanks FUCS for digging this intro up!
B of all, thanks for all of you how contributed along the way. Humbled and grateful
C of all ...I just like talking like a lawyer roflmao
Believe Me

,,,,41 42 43 44

Assurance

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »

The birds the word today
Nice. Grats.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #538 on: July 27, 2018, 05:53:00 AM »

The birds the word today
Nice. Grats.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »

The birds the word today
Nice. Grats.