Author Topic: 10 years of a least a Can per day  (Read 4039 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 10 years of a least a Can per day
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: PMILS
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Dipbegone
Lemme be the first to congratulate you in 2 bills of quit. You are a model quitter and I'm damn proud to fight each day with ya
Congrats Brownie on your 200 days quit!
And great job conducting the hofers.
Badassery!
Attaboy Brownie! Keep working hard, proud to be quit with you!
Not bad for an DF arsonist. Keep killin it.
Congrats on 200 you are a great example of whats right with this place.
I knew from the start you had what it took Brown. Congrats my man, you've earned the hell out of this accomplishment! :Winner:
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Candoit
Lemme be the first to congratulate you in 2 bills of quit. You are a model quitter and I'm damn proud to fight each day with ya
Badassery!
Congrats on 200 you are a great example of whats right with this place.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
Badassery!
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2017, 05:31:00 AM »
Badassery!
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2017, 01:35:00 AM »
Badassery!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Brown71
Day 193

Today is Friday January 13, 2017. It is the second Friday of the year, and a week before my 200 days. My life and my quit have changed a lot in 200 days. Do you know how good it felt to mark myself as a non-nicotine user for work when I signed up for insurance? You know how wonderful it is to not feel constant nagging of the nic bitch? And before you say anything, yes she is still there, and yes she still whispers to me. I have learned to tune her out most of the time.

In the beginning I raged with the best of the. I would jump into any fight that I could find on ktc just to get myself focused on something else. A lot of times I wouldn't make much sense, and I loved to chew people out. Slowly, my senses started to return to me. It is amazing to sit here today, over 6 months after my last chew, and loving life. I find it funny most of the time to see the new quitters, as I se the same statements and arguments repeat themselves over and over often ending in the same fashion. These days, I choose to use a more level headed and logical approach to helping the new quitters.

I empithize for the cavers. They are the losers on KTC, not because they failed us, but because they failed themselves.

My goal everyday is to stay quit, better myself, and hopefully help someone else quit.

I hope and pray that someday, KTC will be pointless, that this cancerous drug is no longer sold to anyone anywhere.

Stay Strong, Stay Quit
And... it's just that simple!

Get involved and stay involved!

The freedom... damn. The Freedom! It's a weight lifted from you that you didn't know you were lugging around. No more managing the addiction... you just get to live life, ups and downs, like it was meant to be lived. All concentration aimed at, finally, being the real you.

Well done, brutha.

And... at 1,368 days, let me tell you... it just gets better.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-05
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 11:31:00 AM »
Day 193

Today is Friday January 13, 2017. It is the second Friday of the year, and a week before my 200 days. My life and my quit have changed a lot in 200 days. Do you know how good it felt to mark myself as a non-nicotine user for work when I signed up for insurance? You know how wonderful it is to not feel constant nagging of the nic bitch? And before you say anything, yes she is still there, and yes she still whispers to me. I have learned to tune her out most of the time.

In the beginning I raged with the best of the. I would jump into any fight that I could find on ktc just to get myself focused on something else. A lot of times I wouldn't make much sense, and I loved to chew people out. Slowly, my senses started to return to me. It is amazing to sit here today, over 6 months after my last chew, and loving life. I find it funny most of the time to see the new quitters, as I se the same statements and arguments repeat themselves over and over often ending in the same fashion. These days, I choose to use a more level headed and logical approach to helping the new quitters.

I empithize for the cavers. They are the losers on KTC, not because they failed us, but because they failed themselves.

My goal everyday is to stay quit, better myself, and hopefully help someone else quit.

I hope and pray that someday, KTC will be pointless, that this cancerous drug is no longer sold to anyone anywhere.

Stay Strong, Stay Quit
Quit: July 5, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard
[/center][/center][/center][/center]
Change is not easy, you have to work for it everyday, all day, no matter what. I promise you though, embrace the change and positives will happen.

Anything is possible, given you want it bad enough...anything!

KTC Brother/Sisterhood Facebook Group

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
Well,

This one is gonna be a little more serious. Today is day 150, haven't updated in a while, but I thought it was definitely time. Ironically, it is December 1st. It is the start of a joyus month. I have been selected and chosen to accept the honor of HOF Conductor for the month of December, I never thought about it until it was offered to me.

This year, this Christmas, I have so much to be thankful for. I am nicotine free, my health is improving, I have met an amazing woman, and I have met many amazing friends. At just 150 days, day 1 seems like a distant memory. It has been a while since I have craved on a regular day. I still get those specific trigger craves, but they pass quickly, and I can handle them. I have started to use my experience quitting chew to try and improve other parts of my liffe. If I can quit this nasty addiction cold turkey, why can't I eat healthier or exercise more. The simple answer is will power, quitting is 100% about will power, and if you have the will power to quit, you can do anything.

2016 has been and continues to be a magical year for me.

IQWYT

B71 150
December is a special HOF, so treat it well 'winker' Congrats.

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:00 AM »
Well,

This one is gonna be a little more serious. Today is day 150, haven't updated in a while, but I thought it was definitely time. Ironically, it is December 1st. It is the start of a joyus month. I have been selected and chosen to accept the honor of HOF Conductor for the month of December, I never thought about it until it was offered to me.

This year, this Christmas, I have so much to be thankful for. I am nicotine free, my health is improving, I have met an amazing woman, and I have met many amazing friends. At just 150 days, day 1 seems like a distant memory. It has been a while since I have craved on a regular day. I still get those specific trigger craves, but they pass quickly, and I can handle them. I have started to use my experience quitting chew to try and improve other parts of my liffe. If I can quit this nasty addiction cold turkey, why can't I eat healthier or exercise more. The simple answer is will power, quitting is 100% about will power, and if you have the will power to quit, you can do anything.

2016 has been and continues to be a magical year for me.

IQWYT

B71 150
Change is not easy, you have to work for it everyday, all day, no matter what. I promise you though, embrace the change and positives will happen.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
'Birthday'
Brownie
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:00 PM »
Typed this up in January 16' to a rather "famous caver Bsarno" but, I felt that even if it doesn't help him, It helped me and hopefully others:

Do you have any idea how hard 100% is? I can tell you right now, you are not 100% committed. If you were "100%" then you would have thought out an diligantly answered the 3 questions!

Do you even understand why we ask the 3 questions? Do you understand that, in reality, the answers are not for us, but for you. The 3 questions, are legitimately important to all of us. In fact, successful quitters answer those 3 questions. They either answer them after failing themselves and their brothers and sisters on KTC or for those of us who succeed on our first go around on KTC, we answer those to ourselves before ever joining.

Matter of fact, to make my point stronger, allow me to give you my answers.

1. What happened? Well I said for the millionth time, I am going to quit. But, because I am a punk ass bitch, I went my usual 24 hours before saying fuck it and grabbing another can from the gas station.

2. Why did it happen? It happened because I am not capable of beating this addiction on my own. I recognize I am an addict and I would prefer to keep my brain happy and die sooner rather than suffer through hell, though I am at fault for the hell I must suffer to beat this addiction.

3. What am I going to do differently this time? This time I am going to join a site called Kill The Can. They use an accountibilty system via a roll call to quit. There is almost 30,000 quitters on that site, and I wil be able to get advice on how to keep going from them. I am going to see how active I can be on the site, because I think that can and will help me quit.

This time, I am gonna get the massive amount of seeds, gum, mints, toothpicks, and whatever else I can jam in my mouth to quit. I am going to exercise when I can to help deal with my rage.

DRINK THE FUCKING KOOL AID!

B71
114 Days of Success and I am not stopping now, because I can honestly and openly admit that some of the hardest days have been the last 7.

Stay Active, Stay Quit
That's awesome. QLAMFEDD
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
Typed this up in January 16' to a rather "famous caver Bsarno" but, I felt that even if it doesn't help him, It helped me and hopefully others:

Do you have any idea how hard 100% is? I can tell you right now, you are not 100% committed. If you were "100%" then you would have thought out an diligantly answered the 3 questions!

Do you even understand why we ask the 3 questions? Do you understand that, in reality, the answers are not for us, but for you. The 3 questions, are legitimately important to all of us. In fact, successful quitters answer those 3 questions. They either answer them after failing themselves and their brothers and sisters on KTC or for those of us who succeed on our first go around on KTC, we answer those to ourselves before ever joining.

Matter of fact, to make my point stronger, allow me to give you my answers.

1. What happened? Well I said for the millionth time, I am going to quit. But, because I am a punk ass bitch, I went my usual 24 hours before saying fuck it and grabbing another can from the gas station.

2. Why did it happen? It happened because I am not capable of beating this addiction on my own. I recognize I am an addict and I would prefer to keep my brain happy and die sooner rather than suffer through hell, though I am at fault for the hell I must suffer to beat this addiction.

3. What am I going to do differently this time? This time I am going to join a site called Kill The Can. They use an accountibilty system via a roll call to quit. There is almost 30,000 quitters on that site, and I wil be able to get advice on how to keep going from them. I am going to see how active I can be on the site, because I think that can and will help me quit.

This time, I am gonna get the massive amount of seeds, gum, mints, toothpicks, and whatever else I can jam in my mouth to quit. I am going to exercise when I can to help deal with my rage.

DRINK THE FUCKING KOOL AID!

B71
114 Days of Success and I am not stopping now, because I can honestly and openly admit that some of the hardest days have been the last 7.

Stay Active, Stay Quit

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 12:26:00 AM »
Quote from: tjschu
Congrats on HOF! Your doing it the right way. Keep kicking ass around here
Thank you TJ. I am doing my best.
Congrats! 'wave'

We celebrate 100 days because it is a nice round number and reaching it shows a real commitment to quitting. There isn't a finish line here. Stay active and stay quit! Too simple! :)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2016, 08:57:00 PM »
Great job mr. brown! Keep it coming and help the newbies while helping yourself! Damn proud to be quit with you ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD