Author Topic: Day 4  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Tdunn

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 4
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I’m an addict and have been for 10 years. I started chewing grizzly wintergreen when I was 18 years old and never looked back. All my friends did it in high school, and it just became the normal thing to do when we all hung out. I used dip all the time!! Driving to work, driving home from work, using it at work, at football practice. Whenever you saw me I had a lip in. It just became a normal habit In my everyday life. I’m finally ready to put the tin down. I’ve been 4 days without dip and it feels like 4 years. Normal activities just don’t seem the same anymore, and I’m flying off the handle more and more each day. Do the mood swings ever stop???
All I know is I’m going to keep pushing everyday. Thank you for any feedback you can provide!
@Tdunn
Welcome to KTC!  This is the place to be when you are ready to quit.  If I can do it, so can you.  Your story is very similar to mine and many others.  The way KTC works is by posting your promise to stay nicotine free first thing everyday and keeping your promise.  Developing relationships with fellow quitters goes a long way as well.  The group where you will post roll is July 2020 https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16409.0
Do the mood swings, etc ever stop?  I can tell you that they do get better over time.  Those that have more quit days than I do tell me that it just continues to get better.  Remember, we are addicts and will never be cured.  All we can do is refuse to ingest nicotine in any form to maintain our FREEDOM.  It can be done.
Let me know if you need any help figuring out how to post roll. I will PM you my digits for accountability.
Redwood (Justin) 217 days of FREEDOM
Thank you Redwood I appreciate it. The mood swings I've noticed have already gotten better. Today is my day 7 with no nic and I feel like my mind has been clear for the first time in a while. I feel good, it feels good to have FREEDOM!

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 204
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 01:33:17 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I’m an addict and have been for 10 years. I started chewing grizzly wintergreen when I was 18 years old and never looked back. All my friends did it in high school, and it just became the normal thing to do when we all hung out. I used dip all the time!! Driving to work, driving home from work, using it at work, at football practice. Whenever you saw me I had a lip in. It just became a normal habit In my everyday life. I’m finally ready to put the tin down. I’ve been 4 days without dip and it feels like 4 years. Normal activities just don’t seem the same anymore, and I’m flying off the handle more and more each day. Do the mood swings ever stop???
All I know is I’m going to keep pushing everyday. Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

With you TDunn in July. Btw, I'm convinced everyone on this site is a former Grizzly wintergreen addict (myself included). What the actual fuck is going on? Maybe the destruction of our gums is what led us here.

STRAIGHT TO HELL WITH THAT GRIZZ GREEN! From age 18-31, your story is extremely familiar! I used to look at my friends doing it and tell them how disgusting it was. Then they finally got one in my mouth and bam..... worst decision i ever made.
Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline Creggo

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 141
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 06:33:29 PM »
Hello Everyone,

With you TDunn in July. Btw, I'm convinced everyone on this site is a former Grizzly wintergreen addict (myself included). What the actual fuck is going on? Maybe the destruction of our gums is what led us here.

Offline Chisler2120

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: February 1, 2020
  • Interests: Playing banjo, Bowhunting, Flyfishing, Grandkids
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 06:44:28 PM »
Good on'ya @Tdunn - you are a smart man to start your quit now.  You will be able to thank yourself for the rest of your long life that you did the right thing to end your slavery to nicotine.  Just focus on every day - it sounds like saying but it is so true:  One Day At A Time.  That is the beauty of this site, today is only one day and you said no to nicotine today.  Each day is a win.  WUPP  !! - Wake Up Piss & Post, it only takes a minute and then the rest of the day is yours to enjoy knowing you aren't going to poison yourself that day.
   I will also PM you with my "digits" so you can always get some help if you need it.
Chisler2120  -  82 days today!
Chisler

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »
Welcome! @Tdunn Your story, in regard to years of use, type of dip, and starting age are almost identical to my story. You did a great thing by kicking nicotine to the curb. Stay faithful to this site and your brethren and success will be inevitable. I'll message you my contact information so we can stay quit together.
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline TSavano27

• Quit Date: Dec. 18, 2019
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »
Hello Everyone,
@Tdunn
Welcome to KTC!  This is the place to be when you are ready to quit.  If I can do it, so can you.  Your story is very similar to mine and many others.  The way KTC works is by posting your promise to stay nicotine free first thing everyday and keeping your promise.  Developing relationships with fellow quitters goes a long way as well.  The group where you will post roll is July 2020 https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16409.0
Do the mood swings, etc ever stop?  I can tell you that they do get better over time.  Those that have more quit days than I do tell me that it just continues to get better.  Remember, we are addicts and will never be cured.  All we can do is refuse to ingest nicotine in any form to maintain our FREEDOM.  It can be done.
Let me know if you need any help figuring out how to post roll. I will PM you my digits for accountability.
@Tdunn things get sooooooo much better. However, a key to staying quit is focusing ODAAT on your quit. Don’t worry about tomorrow until it gets here. Wake Up, piss, and post your promise. Keep your world. Repeat the process the following day. Build relationships. It isn’t about quantity but quality. Surround yourself with fellow quitters that care as much about your quit as you do. Exchange digits only through messages and never on the forum or here on the Intro section. If I can help reach out as I am happy to partner with you on our fight against nicotine. You can do this and we are here to help.

First, congrats on the quit man. The first week is a challenge every hour is a battle, but you are kicking some ass right now.

I have been over four months removed, and let me tell you it does it a whole lot better. It feels freaking fantastic to be rid not only of tobacco but of nicotine. Sure, you are still going to get a craving but they are much easier to conquer and sometimes are an afterthought.

Just embrace how shitty this first week is right now. Don't let yourself go through this again by failing. Make a promise to get through each day nicotine-free, just know that things will get better if you keep going I promise you.  If you stand strong, you only need to go through this pain once! Keep up the good quit.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:49:22 PM by TSavano27 »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2527
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 10:33:42 AM »
Hello Everyone,
@Tdunn
@Tdunn things get sooooooo much better. However, a key to staying quit is focusing ODAAT on your quit. Don’t worry about tomorrow until it gets here. Wake Up, piss, and post your promise. Keep your world. Repeat the process the following day. Build relationships. It isn’t about quantity but quality. Surround yourself with fellow quitters that care as much about your quit as you do. Exchange digits only through messages and never on the forum or here on the Intro section. If I can help reach out as I am happy to partner with you on our fight against nicotine. You can do this and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline Redwood

• Quit Pro
  • One is too many and a thousand never enough.
  • Quit Date: 9/19/19
  • Likes Given: 130
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 09:26:29 AM »
Hello Everyone,
@Tdunn

Offline Tdunn

• Quitter
Day 4
« on: April 21, 2020, 11:43:07 PM »
Hello Everyone,