Author Topic: 10/12/12 - When the real Me comes out  (Read 790 times)

Offline JCBuckeye

• Likes Given: 0
Re: 10/12/12 - When the real Me comes out
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
1:24am EST, 10/12/12.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: JCBuckeye
Well good morning to everyone.

I suppose I wasn't clear in my post, but the dip that I had in was my last dip. I gave that bitch a good talking to before throwing her and the rest of her can (minus the can...) down the toilet.

I appreciate the replies, encouragement, and name-calling. Heading over to post roll. Good day.
I see you posted roll. Congratulations on taking your life back. If your last dip was last night, today is actually day 2 for you! You will succeed - today! 'clap'
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline JCBuckeye

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Well good morning to everyone.

I suppose I wasn't clear in my post, but the dip that I had in was my last dip. I gave that bitch a good talking to before throwing her and the rest of her can (minus the can...) down the toilet.

I appreciate the replies, encouragement, and name-calling. Heading over to post roll. Good day.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Like NDY, I want you to succeed. Every success helps me stay quit. Having said that, let me give you an observation:

Quite a few people come to KTC with a plan on how to quit, a good idea of what part of KTC works and what part doesn't work for them, and how to make KTC better. I was one of those, until someone "politely" asked me how well my way and my ideas on "quitting" has worked in the past.

Will your ideas on what is best work? They might. But if you want to KTC to work for you, I suggest you take a deep breath and drink down a ton of koolaide. Go with the entire "program", don't pick and chose parts you like.

Most, if not 100% of the quitters here have had a thousand "I'll quit tomorrow" moments. We meant every one of them.

Just my 2 cents. And BTW, I don't give a shit if you're packing a 2-tin dip while posting in the INTRO section. Some guys post A LOT in the intro section and never post roll. Most of the time, it ends in a lesson on how the mic-bitch loves to pick off the one's that stray from the herd.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
Nice diatribe, but please realize who your audience is. We are all exactly like you. We are all nicotine addicts. You are not a special butterfly. If you truly want to succeed:

Post roll
Keep your word
repeat 1st thing the next morning

And get your mind right:

Slam the door
burn the boats
burn the bridge
ban the shit
HATE Big Tobacco
Hate slavery
Never again
NOT ONE!

So have you posted roll yet?
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
I have mixed emotions here.

I appreciate your honesty, but the problem with your plan is that the anticipation builds tension, which leads to more dipping than normal, which leads to increased levels of nicotine. In a nutshell, history shows that tonight you'll be packing constantly and the increased levels means that tomorrow will be even more miserable for you. It's exactly like new-years quitters. Some succeed, but many fail for the reasons above.

I'm also not sure what the point of making this post was. Were you bragging that you'll do it tomorrow? Just trying to get a rise out of somebody here? It doesn't really matter, because it's up to you. If you quit today, I'll support you. If you wait until tomorrow, I'll support you. I think that's a bad decision, but I'll still be here.

Sounds like you've overcome adversity in many ways. Want to step it up a notch? When you read this post, spit your dip out and quit ........ right now. Post your day 1 and let's do this. When Saturday gets here, you'll already be a day ahead.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »
'bang head' Dear JCBuckeye, You are NOT a special BUTTERFLY! You are an ADDICT! Did you hear me? or do I need to say it louder???
We nicotine addicts are great at making excuses for our addictions and behavior.
We are the worlds laziest people when it comes to "doing something" about "doing the right thing".
You're not quit, you're just here to appease the guilt you have about dipping...You're a pussy today because you're still dipping. You're nothing but a PUSSY! PUNK ass PUSSY! So long as you have these "reasons" to "NOT" be quit, you're the PUSSY that you know you are.
So, grow a fucking pair, look in the mirror (literally) at the addict staring back at YOU, make the DECISION that you're not going to dip today.
Don't worry about tomorrow it isn't real, don't worry about the past it is gone, focus on the present because it is a gift!
Are you sure you want to be that guy? The guy who is on his death bed saying, "Man, if I hadn't dip I could live 10-20 years longer".....poor poor me, pour me another the alcholic said!
Man up, quit now, quit each a.m. the earlier the better. Quit for YOU not the family, not the preacher, not the dog, but quit for YOU because then YOU take the responsibility of being QUIT and YOU cannot blame anyone or any other thing for putting the POISON in your MOUTH! Decide TODAY to be QUIT. Stop acting like a mamma's boy and JUST fucking quit already! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Spacebaby

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
The only problem that I can see is that your resolve may not be as strong on Saturday as it is right now. Are you willing to risk it? Saturday will come, you will run out of chew, then you are faced with that dreaded decision.....with all that anxiety behind it.
I like you

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
Kinda agree with WT here...some tough talk that sounds familiar but anytime somebody starts off with "I have a chew in right now"...my bullshit alarm starts to blare. Happened a few weeks back and sadly I was right as the gent typing with a lip full of chew and talking tough was never heard from again. I hope you don't follow his path. We'll see if you post roll in the am.

Id wish you luck but luck wont get you where you want to be. A big set of balls and help from us will.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline JCBuckeye

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »
WT57, Thanks for your reply. I apologize that I 'bragged' about that shit in my lip, but I read the sticky about not under such terms, and felt I had to tell the truth, at least to you guys who I hope will support me over the next..... shit.... over my new found dip-free life.

As your signature suggests, I will report back tomorrow (today EST) with my SUCCESS of not dipping. At this point, I'm just glad someone is listening, and not judging.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »
JC, I didn't read anything in your story that was special or different! I am pissed that you came here and bragged you had shit in your mouth. Sores, bleeding gums, pain and being scared shitless of the big C can easily be overwhelmed by your addiction. I should know I've stopped for most of the reasons you mentioned many times over the past 40 yrs. hell I even paused for 3 1/2 years and snuck back into my secret relationship with Copenhagen! Anxiety and depression often go hand in hand with nicotine use! Waiting another day is a bullshit excuses to postpone quitting and you'll probably find a reason to put it of to another day!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline JCBuckeye

10/12/12 - When the real Me comes out
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »