Author Topic: First Day  (Read 378 times)

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First Day
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »
Congrats-- keep your family in mind when ypu make your daily promise. However, make sure you do this every day for you first with your family as your inspiration.

Be badass!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
Nice job hound. More time with the kids is a good reason to quit. I'm excited for you - once you're through the fog, you'll start to see HUNDREDS of screwed up ways that nicotine was pulling your strings.

Let me know if I can help.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Quote from: epayne
Congratulations on a fine decision. I can vouch for redtrain about hunting. I get all my critters with a toothpick in my mouth now, and it's even more rewarding.

Remember that this quit has to be for YOU above everything else. If it's based solely on your family, you might use them as an excuse to fail or fail to get back at them for something. As odd as it may sound, that's the standard functioning of the addict mind. I think you've got your heart in the right place.

Stay focused on your quit, absorb everything here, and take it one day at a time. As the days rack up, you might even get to be there when your great grandson takes his first. The possibilities are endless without a lip full of death. Welcome aboard, buddy.
I relate, I've spent many days this fall with my 4 year old grandson hunting. Earlier we got our first kill a nice pronghorn and experiencing this with him and without the bitch was so fun. Family is a good motivator but ultimately the quit is on you, reach to us for help or someone to get pissed at. If we didn't have a tough skin we wouldn't be quitters! Pm me if I can help.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline epayne

• Quitter
  • Interests: My beloved Jeep. My fiance's pussy. My fiance. My dog. Chewing gum.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Congratulations on a fine decision. I can vouch for redtrain about hunting. I get all my critters with a toothpick in my mouth now, and it's even more rewarding.

Remember that this quit has to be for YOU above everything else. If it's based solely on your family, you might use them as an excuse to fail or fail to get back at them for something. As odd as it may sound, that's the standard functioning of the addict mind. I think you've got your heart in the right place.

Stay focused on your quit, absorb everything here, and take it one day at a time. As the days rack up, you might even get to be there when your great grandson takes his first. The possibilities are endless without a lip full of death. Welcome aboard, buddy.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Deer hunting is so much better without a dip in your mouth. So is everything else.

Congrats on your decision. Post up, read and get involved. I promise you won't regret it.

Offline Copperhound

First Day
« on: November 23, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
So Wendsday my son and I were sitting in a field after a two mile walk in to one of my favorite hunting spots. My son 7 and i were sitting there waiting for a deer to step out in the field. This was to be his first deer. We never did see that deer but we got to spend some amazing time together. so today i start day 1 so my family (wife,son,and daughter) And can have many more years of these times.