Author Topic: I feel it this time  (Read 1019 times)

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I feel it this time
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 01:28:00 AM »
Quote from: abasa310
Quote from: Bean
Anton - Congrats on making a great choice!!! Your comment about quitting for your daughter hits home with me. Many folks will say (correctly) that you can't quit for other people. This quit has to be about YOU. I agree with that. But I will add that my kids were a big part of my motivation to stay quit. Read the Tom  Jenny Kern Story and their Caring Bridge entries. Reading about his daughter at his feet in the hospital bed pleading "Daddy, don't go" as he took his last breath really got me...still does.

Tobacco not only ruins your teeth, gums and life in general, it tortures those who love you the most. I swore I would fight like hell to prevent my kids from going through that pain. My quit is about making me a better me. But my kids are a HUGE source of motivation.

You got this, brother!!!
Hey Bean,

I completely agree. I am doing this for myself but my girls are always on my mind. I need to be healthy so I can protect them, provide for them, and be on this Earth as long as possible with them. I feel like KTC is really working for me. I just finished a meal and for about 1 second my brain said "time to throw a chew in." That faded quickly and now I'm here throwing up a post. I'm almost to 72 hours nicotine free and I don't think I have experienced that for the past 12 years.
Well, I've been rollin ODAAT and now I'm prepping myself for tomorrow......Family Reunion. Thankfully it's my wife's side and there's not as many booze hounds as my side.....but still plenty. I was a chewer during the week and a smoker on the weekends. If I knew I was having some drinks I best have me some Marlb lites or cigars too. So, I am going to steer clear of the booze tomorrow and try to jump into any active game I can to keep myself busy. It's going to be strange being quit and sober at a big get together, especially when the horse shoes get pulled out, but that's the way it's gonna be. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be ready to hit the ol' fire water.
Good choice Anton. Keep making those good choices. You're killing it right now. Stay after it and stay quit.
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline abasa310

• Quit Date: 2014-06-02
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 01:06:00 AM »
Anton - Congrats on making a great choice!!! Your comment about quitting for your daughter hits home with me. Many folks will say (correctly) that you can't quit for other people. This quit has to be about YOU. I agree with that. But I will add that my kids were a big part of my motivation to stay quit. Read the Tom  Jenny Kern Story and their Caring Bridge entries. Reading about his daughter at his feet in the hospital bed pleading "Daddy, don't go" as he took his last breath really got me...still does.

Tobacco not only ruins your teeth, gums and life in general, it tortures those who love you the most. I swore I would fight like hell to prevent my kids from going through that pain. My quit is about making me a better me. But my kids are a HUGE source of motivation.

You got this, brother!!!
Hey Bean,

I completely agree. I am doing this for myself but my girls are always on my mind. I need to be healthy so I can protect them, provide for them, and be on this Earth as long as possible with them. I feel like KTC is really working for me. I just finished a meal and for about 1 second my brain said "time to throw a chew in." That faded quickly and now I'm here throwing up a post. I'm almost to 72 hours nicotine free and I don't think I have experienced that for the past 12 years.
Well, I've been rollin ODAAT and now I'm prepping myself for tomorrow......Family Reunion. Thankfully it's my wife's side and there's not as many booze hounds as my side.....but still plenty. I was a chewer during the week and a smoker on the weekends. If I knew I was having some drinks I best have me some Marlb lites or cigars too. So, I am going to steer clear of the booze tomorrow and try to jump into any active game I can to keep myself busy. It's going to be strange being quit and sober at a big get together, especially when the horse shoes get pulled out, but that's the way it's gonna be. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be ready to hit the ol' fire water.

Offline abasa310

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »

You got this, brother!!!
Hey Bean,

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »

You got this, brother!!!

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
Quote from: mule
Quote from: zquitter
Hang in there, bro. It gets better.

Proud to quit with you today.
Read read read and read......

it occupies the mind....helps your realize you are not alone.....that it can be done....and most importantly....

that it IS being done.

Post roll first thing each day.....then keep your word....no matter what. Easy to say, hard to do....but non-negotiable after posting roll.....whatever it takes....with that simple act....you have decided.....

you have taken control......

and we will help you.....one day at a time.
Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. It's been a hell of a day but quittin time is coming up quick.
abasa - you've been given some great advice from some bad ass quitters. Take each day piece by piece. Remember that each crave only lasts 3 minutes....You can do anything for 3 minutes....

Lean on your quit brothers. Get involved as much as possible. Work is going to suck until you learn how to deal with stress without stuffing your face. Also keep in mind that nicotine did not relieve stress. That was one of the many lies the nic bitch told you. What did you do after you put in a dip at work? Start there and get it knocked out.

Offline abasa310

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: mule

it occupies the mind....helps your realize you are not alone.....that it can be done....and most importantly....

that it IS being done.

Post roll first thing each day.....then keep your word....no matter what. Easy to say, hard to do....but non-negotiable after posting roll.....whatever it takes....with that simple act....you have decided.....

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. It's been a hell of a day but quittin time is coming up quick.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »

that it IS being done.

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

---------
'boob'

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
Quote from: I
Quote from: Thumblewort
Interesting choice of words in the last post "Big Nasty", hmmmmmmm.

Anyhoo, Abasa, I stopped using chew by using a nic patch, let me see, about 20, maybe 25 times over 17 years. So add a Sam's Club box of patches $32 times 25 = $800 to the $30k I guesstimate I spent on dip........yeah.

Post roll, get to know some dudes, have a plan for the rough days, and read, read, read the posts in here. Happy to be quit with you today. Remember how bad these days suck, and that you will never have to do them again.
Nice job posting roll today Anton. I told you I'd be there to post right alongside you today, and I did. More of the same tomorrow bro.
Wow, I am feeling like ass today. About 44 hours without nicotine and work's got me stressed to the max. I'm going to power through though. I won't break guys....I'm with ya!!
You feel like ass because you are healing. Always remember these days Abasa, its the SUCK, and never do it again.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline abasa310

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: I

Anyhoo, Abasa, I stopped using chew by using a nic patch, let me see, about 20, maybe 25 times over 17 years. So add a Sam's Club box of patches $32 times 25 = $800 to the $30k I guesstimate I spent on dip........yeah.

Post roll, get to know some dudes, have a plan for the rough days, and read, read, read the posts in here. Happy to be quit with you today. Remember how bad these days suck, and that you will never have to do them again.
Nice job posting roll today Anton. I told you I'd be there to post right alongside you today, and I did. More of the same tomorrow bro.
Wow, I am feeling like ass today. About 44 hours without nicotine and work's got me stressed to the max. I'm going to power through though. I won't break guys....I'm with ya!!

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
I quit with you today Anton. I'm quitting with you tomorrow too, and I'll be posting roll to show you and the other Sultans I'm serious about it. Looking forward to seeing your name there holding up your end of the bargain.

Don't let me down. Don't let the Sultans down. Most importantly, don't let yourself down. Get Big Nasty on that tramp tomorrow, I'll be there if you need it, and I'll be there if you don't.

Offline abasa310

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Thanks a lot, It's good to be here. I will definately be post rolling tomorrow morning. I work second shift so I have a couple more hours to go. I feel alright but I can't focus on anything. I find myself just randomly moving shit around in my office. My thirty minute drive home was always prime time for a chew and it was always something that I would like forward to, but now I guess I'll hope for some good tunes on the radio.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
Post roll today. Honor your promise to not use nicotine for the rest of the day. Wake up tomorrow and do it again.

I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018