Author Topic: D-Day 02/01/08 2:45 PST  (Read 11898 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: D-Day 02/01/08 2:45 PST
« Reply #454 on: September 01, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Congrats Ready on 35 floors of quit.

Unreal number brother, thanks for all you do here, and hope your back feels good!
Thanks brother! You folks in May-17 are stackin up the numbers as well. Damn proud of you guys!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #453 on: August 31, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »
Congrats Ready on 35 floors of quit.

Unreal number brother, thanks for all you do here, and hope your back feels good!
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #452 on: July 31, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
Congrats! If you were looking for a place that will help you quit dipping, you found it.

You can do this!

But only if you are serious!

There are only two things you must do. They are very simple. Not easy. But very simple.

Blue pill? Red pill?

You're call.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #451 on: June 16, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3,424

I saw an orthopedic surgeon yesterday. I have a degenerative disc in my lower back that has basically disintegrated to the point where it no longer functions at all. It's one of the things that keeps your bones from grinding against each other. My bones grind against each other and pinch nerves. It's all very painful. Has been for years. Recently I have been unable to walk very far without severe pain. Even on the good pain meds the pain has prevented me from doing just about anything.

Your asking yourslef by now, what the hell does this have to do with quitting. The surgeon did a lot of tests and asked a lot of questions. One of the questions was whether I smoked. I said no. Then my wife advised him I used chewing tobacco a lot. I said wait a minute, I quit over nine years ago. He said that's great but you still could have done damage that would prevent the surgery from being successful. He ordered one more test to see if my ligaments are not damaged by my tobacco use to the point where the ligaments would not be able to hold the new disc in place. I'm pretty sure I will be just fine and the surgery will be successful. And by being successful will allow me to live a much better life than being in constant pain. Imagine if I had continued to chew and degraded my ligaments to the point where replacing my disc was not an option.

I haven't been able to stop smiling since I heard the news that they can fix me. I actually didn't have much hope because I have been seeing doctors for three years and this guy is the only one that has ever said he could fix me.

Life is good. Life without pain is even better. If I had not quit, things would be much worse for me. Of that, I have no doubt.

Quitting is worth it! I have posted many times that your quality of life will greatly improve as a quitter. Sometimes in ways that you could not predict or even imagine at this point in your life.

I don't normally share too much about my private life. The only reason I do now is to help the next guy. That's the hope, that maybe this will help just one person quit.

You can do this.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #450 on: May 28, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Congratulations on another building block, 34 times you have hit the HOF bud.

Thanks for everything you do around here. You rock, 'clap'
Thank you Sir!

Being quit is normal for me!

You will get there!
Congratulations my brother! Thanks fir all you do around here! Just throwing numbers around that high helps everyone see there is definitely hope ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »

Thank you Sir!

Being quit is normal for me!

You will get there!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #448 on: May 23, 2017, 03:32:00 PM »

To remain quit requires focus

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #447 on: May 19, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3396

rkymtnman posted the following in May 17 today in response to the HOF Blues...

"The interesting thing for me remains how different many folks "stories" really are. Corn referenced loving it and still loving the smell of it. I can relate to this. Ready talks about reading posts from you guys and remembering the feeling but getting to a point where the "door was closed".

I remember wanting to get to that point where I could honestly say I had closed the door....still to this day, I am not sure I can say that. The beauty is, I don't have to. I remember hating chewing....hating to have to deal with it. finding a spitter, not able to talk to my wife because my mouth was full, I had no spitter and we were driving....praying for a red light so I could open the door and empty my mouth. I hated having to deal with being an addict dipper but I will admit to loving "the act of chewing". That is where Smokey Mountain came in for me. When I had an itch (and if I do to this day), a can of SMC will scratch that itch and I can move on.

One thing Ready said that ALWAYS rang in my pea brain was "I just don't do that anymore". I repeated that statement over and over in my head thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of times. I just don't use that shit anymore. That doesn't mean the door is closed....doesn't mean I am quit forever.....just take it on face value. I don't use that shit anymore.

Don't worry about where you might be at in this journey. The most important thing is getting on roll, making that promise and worrying about tomorrow if the good Lord gives you that gift and you wake up in the morning. Trust that everything will work itself out in time....that time can range from months to years. For me, it was years. For some of my 409 brothers, it was months. I felt like I had to fight tooth and nail for years. In retrospect, I am not sure it was that bad but it sure felt like it at the time. I was always looking to where I thought I should be instead of remaining focused on today. Once I learned to focus on today, I realized forever was being worked out in the process.

There has been some seriously great shit in here the past few weeks and I feel privileged to have been able to read through it all. You guys are absolutely crushing it. The real fun begins when you get to get involved the the quits of some new guys and you can experience it for yourself."

I couldn't be prouder of my May17 brothers and sister. They are indeed "Absolutely crushing it!"
Gold.. Thanks Ready
I believe.....

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #446 on: May 19, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3396

rkymtnman posted the following in May 17 today in response to the HOF Blues...

"The interesting thing for me remains how different many folks "stories" really are. Corn referenced loving it and still loving the smell of it. I can relate to this. Ready talks about reading posts from you guys and remembering the feeling but getting to a point where the "door was closed".

I remember wanting to get to that point where I could honestly say I had closed the door....still to this day, I am not sure I can say that. The beauty is, I don't have to. I remember hating chewing....hating to have to deal with it. finding a spitter, not able to talk to my wife because my mouth was full, I had no spitter and we were driving....praying for a red light so I could open the door and empty my mouth. I hated having to deal with being an addict dipper but I will admit to loving "the act of chewing". That is where Smokey Mountain came in for me. When I had an itch (and if I do to this day), a can of SMC will scratch that itch and I can move on.

One thing Ready said that ALWAYS rang in my pea brain was "I just don't do that anymore". I repeated that statement over and over in my head thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of times. I just don't use that shit anymore. That doesn't mean the door is closed....doesn't mean I am quit forever.....just take it on face value. I don't use that shit anymore.

Don't worry about where you might be at in this journey. The most important thing is getting on roll, making that promise and worrying about tomorrow if the good Lord gives you that gift and you wake up in the morning. Trust that everything will work itself out in time....that time can range from months to years. For me, it was years. For some of my 409 brothers, it was months. I felt like I had to fight tooth and nail for years. In retrospect, I am not sure it was that bad but it sure felt like it at the time. I was always looking to where I thought I should be instead of remaining focused on today. Once I learned to focus on today, I realized forever was being worked out in the process.

There has been some seriously great shit in here the past few weeks and I feel privileged to have been able to read through it all. You guys are absolutely crushing it. The real fun begins when you get to get involved the the quits of some new guys and you can experience it for yourself."

I couldn't be prouder of my May17 brothers and sister. They are indeed "Absolutely crushing it!"

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
« Reply #445 on: April 04, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3,351

Remember how we keep telling you that you can never have "just one" and that it is a lie we tell ourselves?

The following was posted today in July 2017 quit group. Who posted it matters not.

"My original quit began on January 1, 2007, I remained quit until mid August 2009. My moment of weakness came while on a golf course with friends when I had a cigar. Its not something that I usually do on the golf course but it sounded good at the time. That event was the exactly starting moment of my cave. About a week after that cigar on the golf course I was out with a friend who chewed. I thought to myself "why can I just have one little pinch of dip?" the cigar didn't seem to effect me so why would one little pinch. That lead to me buying a tin a couple days after that. I remember having one dip out of that tin and then throwing it out the window of my car. What followed next was me finding out that my wife was cheating on my, that when I really said fuck it and started chewing full time again. I remember thinking to myself numerous times "I can quit again next week." that turned into 7 1/2 years."

You can never have just one! Period! Read that last sentence of the quote above again. That was the nic bitch saying Checkmate motherfucker, you're mine! We are only one dip away from a can a day!

IMHO, alcohol and "just one" are two of the most common quit killers.
So flipping true. Dam it I hate when someone has the tools and loses the battle. SHIT!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3,351

Remember how we keep telling you that you can never have "just one" and that it is a lie we tell ourselves?

The following was posted today in July 2017 quit group. Who posted it matters not.

"My original quit began on January 1, 2007, I remained quit until mid August 2009. My moment of weakness came while on a golf course with friends when I had a cigar. Its not something that I usually do on the golf course but it sounded good at the time. That event was the exactly starting moment of my cave. About a week after that cigar on the golf course I was out with a friend who chewed. I thought to myself "why can I just have one little pinch of dip?" the cigar didn't seem to effect me so why would one little pinch. That lead to me buying a tin a couple days after that. I remember having one dip out of that tin and then throwing it out the window of my car. What followed next was me finding out that my wife was cheating on my, that when I really said fuck it and started chewing full time again. I remember thinking to myself numerous times "I can quit again next week." that turned into 7 1/2 years."

You can never have just one! Period! Read that last sentence of the quote above again. That was the nic bitch saying Checkmate motherfucker, you're mine! We are only one dip away from a can a day!

IMHO, alcohol and "just one" are two of the most common quit killers.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #443 on: March 26, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3,342

I read a post and smiled today. I remembered doing exactly what he did so many years ago. The people here get it. They know what you are going through and more importantly they know how to quit and stay that way!

I am damn proud of every one of these quitters because I know what it takes to quit. It's absolutely one of the hardest things you will ever do. AT FIRST!

Here's the good part,

It gets so much better. So much so that even if I tried to explain how great things will get, you would probably not believe me. I have not had a serious crave in at least six or seven YEARS! My quality of life has improved like you can't even imagine. life is great when you're not a slave to the can. Again, I'm not cured. I'm only one dip away from a can a day. I will continue to do what keeps me free. I will post roll and keep my word.

Quitting will be one of the most rewarding things you could ever do!

You can do this!
These are the post that keep me going. When I struggle, I think of post like this one and know that I have to have faith it gets better. Without that faith it is easy to ask what the point is and does it matter. Thanks Ready for keeping my faith strong.
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #442 on: March 26, 2017, 02:17:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3,342

I read a post and smiled today. I remembered doing exactly what he did so many years ago. The people here get it. They know what you are going through and more importantly they know how to quit and stay that way!

I am damn proud of every one of these quitters because I know what it takes to quit. It's absolutely one of the hardest things you will ever do. AT FIRST!

Here's the good part,

It gets so much better. So much so that even if I tried to explain how great things will get, you would probably not believe me. I have not had a serious crave in at least six or seven YEARS! My quality of life has improved like you can't even imagine. life is great when you're not a slave to the can. Again, I'm not cured. I'm only one dip away from a can a day. I will continue to do what keeps me free. I will post roll and keep my word.

Quitting will be one of the most rewarding things you could ever do!

You can do this!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
Ready - Day 3,318

I've gotten more involved with the new May 2017 group this year around. By involved I mean I read what goes on in there on a near daily basis and post comments from time to time in an effort to help where I can. The new May group is progressing on schedule and is about par for the course. Recently they have run into the name your group kerfuffle that groups go through along with the outside influences. Everything considered, May 2017 is doing quite well and is full of quitters who have broken the chains of their enslavement. It's a great thing to witness and I am damn proud of all of them for taking back their lives. I know how hard it is. They have no idea how great things will get. I look forward to watching them realize the potential freedom provides!

A shout out to walterwhite for posting the following during the dust up this morning...

Posted by walterwhite 3/2/17 in the May 2017 group...

"I have been quit for over a year. In this past year I have seen a lot of stuff transpire on KTC. I have seen people cave, bitch, complain, troll, post day 1 a couple of times, people leave, people come back, people reaching out for help, people giving back, people that post and ghost and even some people getting banned. Yep, IÂ’ve pretty much seen the whole kit and caboodle. Some of the tactics of others might not make sense to you but to others they really help. IÂ’m sure you have heard it beforeÂ…take what you need and leave the rest. That is some great advice. So what do I suggestÂ…if you see the trolling and arguing back and forthÂ…who cares? DonÂ’t read it. Post roll and move on. If you see someone who needs helpÂ…offer to help. If you need helpÂ…reach out and ask. If you need to vent some angerÂ…do it here on the boards and not at home or work. If you need a laugh, IÂ’m sure you will find it here. When it comes down to itÂ…we are here to quit. Quitting at times can become messy. It can be downright brutal. It can and will test you to your limits. I go back and forthÂ…sometimes a like a little drama in my life. Other times I like a little peace and quiet. Either wayÂ…IÂ’m here and posting my promise every day because it worked for 424 days."

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #440 on: February 13, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Ready is the man. He is one of the cornerstones of how we quit here at KTC.

For those of you who have never read this intro, it's worth your time.