Author Topic: Previous caver, day 1 again  (Read 12523 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
Re: Previous caver, day 1 again
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 11:46:15 PM »
@Dundippin from my December 15 group posted in this thread back in 2017 and he is still active too.  Looping him in for support.   8)

Offline emoney

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2021-08-05
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2021, 11:25:10 PM »
Does anyone know how to change your quit date? I found a spot that displayed it but I couldn't change it. Thanks

emoney

For me it's under profile. Go to my profile then click modify profile, and it's under look and layout on the bottom.

That worked, thanks!

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 10:32:35 PM »
Does anyone know how to change your quit date? I found a spot that displayed it but I couldn't change it. Thanks

emoney

For me it's under profile. Go to my profile then click modify profile, and it's under look and layout on the bottom.

Offline Zombo Funk

• LVL 1
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 29, 2020
  • Likes Given: 345
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 10:31:59 PM »
For me it's under profile. Go to my profile then click modify profile, and it's under look and feel on the bottom.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »

emoney

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 07:18:01 AM »
Hello,

I’d like to get back into a quit group. I experienced a stoppage with the help of ktc from oct 2017 until about September 2019. I eventually stopped posting here and caved much later. Then I stopped from dec 2020 until July 2021 about 6 months then caved a month ago.

I’d like to do this with the accountability that ktc brings again. I know I’ll have some questions to answer but I’d like to find the right quit group. But consider this my day 1 and promise not to use nicotine today. Thanks

Emoney
Welcome back @emoney but it is time to be drinking the KTC koolaid daily now. November would be your quit group and you can find it here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=17142.0 .Yup you need to answer the questions and be willing to to accept what everybody says. No walking away mad because you are being called out. You came here for help and we are willing to help.
Q1-what happened?

Q2- why did it happen?

Q3- what are you going to do differently this time?

I am willing to help as you will have many more offer. You know this system works but you thought you could go it alone. I thought that also for years and that is why I failed every time. You have been here and you know the drill. My didits are only a pm away and they are yours if you want them.

Doug

Offline emoney

• Quitter
Previous caver, day 1 again
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 02:05:12 AM »
Hello,

I’d like to get back into a quit group. I experienced a stoppage with the help of ktc from oct 2017 until about September 2019. I eventually stopped posting here and caved much later. Then I stopped from dec 2020 until July 2021 about 6 months then caved a month ago.

I’d like to do this with the accountability that ktc brings again. I know I’ll have some questions to answer but I’d like to find the right quit group. But consider this my day 1 and promise not to use nicotine today. Thanks

Emoney

Offline Trainerjesse

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2017
  • Interests: I enjoy lifting weights, trail running, fishing, golf, disc golf, backpacking, mountain biking, craft beer, coffee, pizza, and green chile (I grew up in New Mexico...we all enjoy green chile.) #505I have an amazing wife, two beautiful children, and a chocolate lab.33, Personal Trainer/Gym Owner
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Day 3 For Me
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »
Quote from: emoney
I have just posted day 11's roll, but I wanted to ask others if they have experiences like mine.
I understand that these are irrational thoughts, but I am curious if others have these. Today seems to be especially difficult for some reason, and I think it's a mixture of the first crisp cool day/morning where I am, and a little bit of the novelty has warn off from freshly starting the quit.

So, does anyone else have this irrational but convincing thought, or something similar?

Irrational Thought: Thinking back on the great memories and girls I had dated through all of my dipping years. Dip was always there, I was happy, therefore dip can't be bad.

This might be a cool topic for discussion somewhere. Would this be better off posted in my quit group? I am in the Jan 18 balls of fury group which is heavily active.
Dude,

I think that thought is what would always have me cave in the past when I would "stop" dipping. That, and this other thought, "I'll just have one today, and get back to being done with it tomorrow." or "I'll just dip when I'm fishing, or golfing." Never worked. I'm an addict. I wish I could be a "social" dipper. I can't though.

It's not worth it. This first week of being quit, and accepting that I will never have nicotine again...for the rest of my life...although completely overwhelming, is still the most freedom I have ever experienced in my life. That shit is bad. I have missed out on too many good things because I would choose to go somewhere alone so I could dip.

Happy to be quitting with you.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 07:00:00 AM »
I have just posted day 11's roll, but I wanted to ask others if they have experiences like mine.
I understand that these are irrational thoughts, but I am curious if others have these. Today seems to be especially difficult for some reason, and I think it's a mixture of the first crisp cool day/morning where I am, and a little bit of the novelty has warn off from freshly starting the quit.

So, does anyone else have this irrational but convincing thought, or something similar?

Irrational Thought: Thinking back on the great memories and girls I had dated through all of my dipping years. Dip was always there, I was happy, therefore dip can't be bad.

This might be a cool topic for discussion somewhere. Would this be better off posted in my quit group? I am in the Jan 18 balls of fury group which is heavily active.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »
Quote from: dundippin
emoney,

Welcome to the group and congratulations on making it 5 days. You have gone through the worst of it but it continues to be a challenge and it will stay that way even when you are hundreds of days into your quit.

As you know by know, the main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially in your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you can not focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 768
Great, thank you for the advice. I have picked up on being able to distract myself, and focus on something else to get the urge to pass. I did not know about the sugars though. I will get some orange juice; I was wondering today what I could do instead. I have been drinking lots of black coffee for something to do; but I will try having an orange or apple juice here and there.

I have also been doing to vigorous cardio and strength exercises ( squats/dumbells etc) and that really helps to elevate my mood and makes me feel healthy. Thanks for the great advice, and I'm glad to quit with you today as well.

Eric

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
emoney,

Welcome to the group and congratulations on making it 5 days. You have gone through the worst of it but it continues to be a challenge and it will stay that way even when you are hundreds of days into your quit.

As you know by know, the main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially in your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you can not focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 768

Offline emoney

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »
Thank you both for the support. Tonight at 11pm will be 4 full days quit. It's great to have others with me.

Offline Big Red 77

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
Glad to see you join KTC!

Your are making a fantastic decision, it will be hard but KTC will give you amazing tools to utilize in your quit.

Let me know if I can do anything to help!!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
Welcome.

Nice job posting roll. Keep doing that early every morning. We don't take weekends or holidays off.

One thing to keep in mind is that you have never quit before - you've only stopped or paused your use temporarily. Once we QUIT, we never use again.
Remember how shitty these first few days are, and never experience it again.

Also remember - we quit one day at a time. Forever is very long, today is not. Make the same promise tomorrow.

Proud to be quit with you.

Offline emoney

• Quitter
Previous caver, day 1 again
« on: October 19, 2017, 09:40:00 PM »
Hello All,

I have quit before, about 8 years ago, and started back after 9 months of being quit. Here I am again, going through the pain. Monday at 10pm was my last dip, and I have been going through the worst nights. Hallucinations and being short of breath on the first night. Tonight I believe i am hitting the 3 day mark at 10pm and I feel much better. I went for a work out, and I'd say my body actually feels pleasant and my blood pressure has gone way down.

I dipped so much for about 15 or 16 years; I am just glad that it's now finally over and I can be normal.

Keep fighting the fight! I going to read around and see how I get involved w/ the quit group.

Eric