Author Topic: Day 7  (Read 246 times)

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
Re: Day 7
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
Hey man... glad to have you here!

Your next step is to post roll in the April quit group. Roll is our way of promising each other that we will not have nicotine for the day. We post roll every day here. Our system is pretty simple. Wake up, post roll, and keep your word for the day. Then, the next day, do it all over again.

Get on over to April, post your promise, and get plugged in with some folks who know exactly what you're going through, because they're right there with you.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline nomoreskoal74

• Quit Date: 2016-05-12
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 7
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:48:00 AM »
Wanted to introduce myself, I am 7 days off the can now. I quit drinking almost 3 years ago and started dip to manage some of the stress surrounding why I quit. It started off only after work, then slowly all the time at work, you know the deal and have been there before.

My life stabilized and my sobriety returned some of the joys i had taken for granted, i had heard in AA to make sobriety the priority so I didnt really think or care about tobacco like alcohol. I have a Marine buddy who told me that he had to quit dip like alcohol it was that bad for him.

Well i can say its actually been harder. The physical pain the first 3 days was far worse, so were the mind games, i think because it was more acceptable to dip at work and in the car unlike drinking. I have had to remove people places and things like i did with booze so I dont go in to convenience stores anymore not yet anyways there isnt anything i need there that I cant get at a grocery store cheaper anyways.